Hey hey!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Hey hey!

Postby Jonathan » 26 Apr 2011 05:55

Hey all,

I'm Jonathan (or Jon). I also go by "Lucidism" on some other forums. I work as a Software Engineer (Professional Nerd). I'm still going to school part-time, studying Computer Science. I'm also the webmaster of Mario-Kart.net, one of the oldest and best known sites on the game. I also have a couple other sites. I considered creating a lucid dreaming site many years ago, but never did. I sort of regret that, and plan on starting a lucid dreaming blog ... eventually! :lol:

I began lucid dreaming in my early teens. At the time I didn't know it was called "lucid dreaming", I just knew that sometimes I could wake up inside of my dreams and kind of control them. I experimented a little, like moving my real arms and feeling around while still asleep in a dream. One of the weirdest sensations I've ever felt was walking through a mirror. It was also funny, because I ended up in a closet on the other side. I also had my "first kiss" in a dream, and it was interesting to realize later on after having a real first kiss that the sensation was very similar. It's as if my mind knew ahead of time what it was going to feel like. Anyway, that's my one embarrassing story I'll share. For now. :P

Somehow I stumbled upon LD4ALL, which is another lucid dreaming site. This was many years ago. I think I heard about it on a news station. The site explained some techniques you can practice to become lucid more often. When I did the basic techniques (dream diary, MILD, etc.) I saw an improvement. Over the past few years I've fallen out of practice, but one of my resolutions this year was to get back into lucid dreaming. I still have them occasionally without trying, but I want to have at least one a week.

I really enjoy lucid dreaming. It's basically the closest thing to a Star Trek holodeck (virtual reality to the max!) that will probably ever exist. It's amazing the world we have in our own heads. Beyond that, people have reported doing amazing things with lucid dreaming, like shared dreams and remote viewing of the real world. That's fascinating and I think it touches on the deeper aspects of our reality that may exist.

I hope to meet other dreamers here and hopefully gain some new insights. I anticipate that just participating on this forum will help increase the frequency of our lucid dreams. The more it's on your mind, the more likely it will happen, I've noticed.

Site Admin

Re: Hey hey!

Postby Rebecca » 26 Apr 2011 06:01

Great to have you on board Jon... I reckon your Mod duties around here might just prompt a few more lucid dreams! Ever since I began writing the website my LD frequency shot up 8-)

Re: Hey hey!

Postby James » 04 Feb 2012 23:44

From the very bottom of the pile to the very top! :D
Was it worth it?

Return to “For Beginners”