Ideas for dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
User avatar
nesgirl
Posts: 1278
Joined: 25 May 2014 23:10

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby nesgirl » 01 Oct 2014 18:39

...
Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:38, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

User avatar
JonSnowLD
Posts: 199
Joined: 28 Dec 2013 22:08

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby JonSnowLD » 01 Oct 2014 22:19

It's not exactly a superpower but I've heard experimenting with synaesthesia is pretty cool! you could maybe try surfing on the visible soundwaves blasting from an LD speaker! ;)
Target number of Lucid Dreams this month: 3
Lucid Dreams this month: 2

User avatar
buildit
Posts: 491
Joined: 23 Sep 2014 04:14
Location: USA

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby buildit » 01 Oct 2014 22:24

JonSnowLD wrote:It's not exactly a superpower but I've heard experimenting with synaesthesia is pretty cool! you could maybe try surfing on the visible soundwaves blasting from an LD speaker! ;)


Had to look that one up. :D
Synaesthesia, the neurological condition that causes a blending of the senses – colours can be connected to letters and numbers, smells and tastes to music or touch to vision – has long been linked to creativity: famous synaesthetes include Sibelius and more recently Pharrell Williams and Lady Gaga.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

User avatar
buildit
Posts: 491
Joined: 23 Sep 2014 04:14
Location: USA

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby buildit » 02 Oct 2014 02:24

Sounds silly, but what about trying to sleep in a dream? Lot's of people report false wake ups but what about going to sleep?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby HAGART » 02 Oct 2014 02:44

I've slept in a lucid dream before. It does end in false awakenings for me, but I am more lucid, so it's like a 'lucid false awakening'. It's not a bad thing to try. Just relax and remain calm and observe what happens.

Another thing I have done is do a Trust Fall. You know that trust building exercise where you cross your arms and fall back and trust someone will catch you? Do that. But there is no one. You just fall..... The sensation tends to stimulate my senses and get a lucid false awakening far more vivid than the dream it started in. Try it for yourself. You have nothing to lose except waking up.... but if calm enough it leads to some interesting experiences.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
nesgirl
Posts: 1278
Joined: 25 May 2014 23:10

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby nesgirl » 02 Oct 2014 03:03

...
Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:38, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

User avatar
buildit
Posts: 491
Joined: 23 Sep 2014 04:14
Location: USA

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby buildit » 02 Oct 2014 03:20

HAGART wrote:I've slept in a lucid dream before. It does end in false awakenings for me, but I am more lucid, so it's like a 'lucid false awakening'. It's not a bad thing to try. Just relax and remain calm and observe what happens.

Another thing I have done is do a Trust Fall. You know that trust building exercise where you cross your arms and fall back and trust someone will catch you? Do that. But there is no one. You just fall..... The sensation tends to stimulate my senses and get a lucid false awakening far more vivid than the dream it started in. Try it for yourself. You have nothing to lose except waking up.... but if calm enough it leads to some interesting experiences.



Nice, I'm usually to busy to sleep. ;-)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

dreamstudent
Posts: 178
Joined: 21 Sep 2014 07:24

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby dreamstudent » 07 Oct 2014 04:07

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:Sounds silly, but what about trying to sleep in a dream? Lot's of people report false wake ups but what about going to sleep?


If my hypotension levels are low enough, I can actually faint in some of my Lucid Dreams, just like I can in reality. Actually there was one time where there was evidence that I actually do lose consciousness while sleeping. During an EEG, there was a sudden loss of consciousness, and I was apparently unconscious during the EEG (and I had triggered a WILD during that time, so I didn't even notice, but then again, I did have a Lucid Dream during a colonoscopy and was unconscious then as well)

Oh and hey, why not try something like this in a Lucid Dream: www.whackyourex.com ( whack your distrustful date/partner) www.whackyourboss.com (whack someone of higher authority)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr7VuKuS96E&list=UUHdos0HAIEhIMqUc9L3vh1w (torment the Pokémon Arceus)

Im actually going to be buying an EEG machine or getting one for Christmas, I'm going to write a scholarly research paper on REM stage and physiological properties related to it.

User avatar
buildit
Posts: 491
Joined: 23 Sep 2014 04:14
Location: USA

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby buildit » 07 Oct 2014 04:40

dreamstudent wrote:Im actually going to be buying an EEG machine or getting one for Christmas, I'm going to write a scholarly research paper on REM stage and physiological properties related to it.



Better get an infrared camera too so you can record physical reactions to match up with recorded data. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

User avatar
nesgirl
Posts: 1278
Joined: 25 May 2014 23:10

Re: Ideas for dreams

Postby nesgirl » 07 Oct 2014 04:43

...
Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:39, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.


Return to “General Lucid Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests