Lucid Dreamers and God

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.

Have you ever tried to communicate with God in the phase state (LD/OOBE/AP)?

Yes, and I was successful
7%
Yes, but nothing happened
4%
Yes, but what was encountered was a product of my mind
11%
No, but I am willing to try
47%
No, and I'm reluctant to try out of fear
No votes
No, and I never will (I'm an atheist who doesn't see any point)
31%

Total votes: 45

Summerlander

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby Summerlander » 05 Oct 2014 20:32

I've got Hagart's Disease. Look, I've done it again. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 06 Oct 2014 17:17

OMG these posts are so long.. it will take more time than i think. and i wanted to say something too.

when i entered in to this waking life state. i was human... then my parents changed me in to christian.. u know bcoz they r too christian... funny people .. then after 24 years of life i began to think like a human. now i am a human. instead of following someones belief system, i am following my own. i wasted my life praying to a GOD that never answers. instead i should have meditated. the countless hours of thinking about purpose of life lead me to the concept of "Universal Consciousness" that encrypted in all of us, u know the Unconscious mind. And now i am trying to tap in to its potential. In my life there is only one God like figure, and it is Mother Nature. and we r a product of its incredible energy.

And dont think am not gonna read all the posts here, i will. am just posting my view here. just to stay with u guys.
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Oct 2014 17:16

@ R99:

You are somewhat of a pantheist. Like Spinoza and Einstein. That's cool. You don't really have a personal god and you are certainly atheistic about the God portrayed by so-called Holy Scripture.

If you manage to read all the posts here you won't tegret it. Everyone here has said something interesting so far. Both religious and secular. Meditation is good for you too! Here's a quote about it:

"You hear about the science that says it can do some pretty extraordinary things to your brain and your body: lowering your blood pressure, boosting your immune system, thickening the gray matter in parts of the brain that have to do with self-awareness and compassion, and decreasing the gray matter in the areas associated with stress. That’s all really compelling. I work out because I want to take care of my health, and meditation seemed like it could fall in the same bucket. But my first taste of it was miserable. I set an alarm for five minutes and had a full-on collision with the zoo that is my mind. It was really hard."

- Dan Harris

@ nesgirl:

nesgirl wrote:Hey Summer you are going to get a real kick out of this Lucid Dream and start arguing with me at this same time. By the way, you never specified what Deity you exactly wanted. Greek Mythology can work in this case.

Any god will do! LOL! 8-)

nesgirl wrote:It starts off as I ask Hades for assistance and he summons his best servant, anti-Eros (means anti-romance) who is so loyal to his name that he was neutered as soon as he could be.

You did the neutering, I take it. Guys, never sleep in the same room as nesgirl! :mrgreen:

nesgirl wrote:Hades then hands me a mortality potion that is capable of making any deity mortal. We then hike up Mt Olympus, and the first deity that we see is Eros (deity of romance), and I throw the mortality potion at him, and we kill him of electrocution.

Nesgirl, this is better than Homer's Odyssey, I tell ya'! :lol:

nesgirl wrote:We then approach the other Olympians like Zeus, Athena, etc, and then I command Anti-Eros to do his thing, and he goes and spays and neuters the Olympians.

Ouch! Parthenogenetic massacre. You could never become a surgeon! You condone the actions that took place in your lucid dream? Girls, beware, too... :o

nesgirl wrote:they all proceed to gain educations and gain careers.

Cool! This is good... :)

nesgirl wrote:Mt Olympus is now a water park for the citizens to play on. After a while, the citizens gain enough knowledge and learn how to clone. Hades then approaches the citizens and looks at the purple flag, and says, "Wow what you are doing is so cool, I think I might neuter myself too." Greece now not having deities look over their shoulder from Mt Olympus, no longer having romance in it (a purple flag is in the middle of their city), and being more knowledge oriented being governed over by Anti-Eros is now a proper Utopia where the citizens are living happily.

Parthenogenetic fascism. The pogrom of sexuals. The mutilation and desexualisation of those who are spared. Survivors fear the new asexual dictatorship enough to submit. Neo-Hermaphrodism established. (No males, no females, an asexual amalgamation.) By the way, what happened to Hermaphroditus? Executed? Or separated into Hermes and Aphrodite first before castration? :lol:

nesgirl wrote:This was so much fun. The things you can get away with in a Lucid Dream (and if you think an anti-romance Lucid Dream is inappropriate, then why not look at the opposing side at its most TMI side?)

I'd rather be with a female who is woman enough endure the consequences of having sex. :mrgreen:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 08 Oct 2014 01:32

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 08 Oct 2014 02:37

Summerlander wrote:I've got Hagart's Disease. Look, I've done it again.

In case others don't get it, I'm The Editor In Chief! I'm a Master Editor. That's Hagart disease. ;)

Peter wrote:I have a natural tendency to bate

I don't want to imagine what Peter is the Master of... :lol:

Reading my own dreams and hearing others, including nesgirls, it further demonstrates my theory: We dream what we believe and then believe what we dream until it becomes a cycle. Step away like R99 did and try and disbelieve everything. What are you left with? How will you make choices in the future once you scrap it? Will you spontaneously create new ones? Can we live without beliefs, and prejudice, and assumptions of any kind? Is it even possible?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Oct 2014 05:51

Very good :)
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

R99

Postby R99 » 08 Oct 2014 06:42

Who said i disbelieve everything. i believe in Universe , it have many secrets to revel to us. and we r so ignorant to realize it. the religion says stick with them follow the rules the god the almighty going to save us. this concept is not going think for us. look at the world now , what it done to our world. lack of free thinking lead to us this dreadful world. i want to be free at least in my mind. i have my reasons. i dont think anybody could understand it. except my few friends..

Dont let Religion said to u that its the only way. think outside the box. hurt nobody. be nice to everybody. and think 4 urself.
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Oct 2014 12:12

R99 wrote:Dont let Religion said to u that its the only way. think outside the box. hurt nobody. be nice to everybody. and think 4 urself.

Well said! :)

nesgirl wrote:You know that many men will ditch a female if they find out they caused a female to reproduce. And you don't realize how much HARDER it is on the female to go through that.

Yeah, I know. But this is only an evolutionary strategy begotten by natural selection. Female gametes are larger (eggs) and less numerous than male gametes (one man can hold gazillions of sperm cells). There is also a very limited number of times a woman can give birth compared to how the male can really germinate the population by spreading his seed. A man can seek multiple partners and procreate by the thousands. Think of it this way: the philanderer who constantly abandons his pregnant females will have a greater chance of effectively spreading and ensuring the survival of his genes than the faithful who will only only reproduce a dozen times, at the most, in his monogamous relationship. The faithful is, in effect, being more wasteful of the spermatic jillions in his testes. 8-)

The philanderer is morally wrong, of course, but what he does is certainly evolutionarily productive. The monogynist does his genetic propagation no favours by comparison. The philanderer will also pretend to be a monogamist to those females who look for long-term commitment. We may also flip the coin in that some women have evolved an intuition for weeding out philanderers and welcoming only faithful men. A good strategy that is often employed by these females is playing hard to get. If the man sticks around, he is faithful and committed. The philanderer will not waste time as this is detrimental to the prolific propagation of his genes. He will seek gullible women. :mrgreen:

As for me not realising how much harder it is for women...nesgirl, my parents are divorced, my father cheated and he was a degenerate gambler, too. I was practically raised by my good mother. :D

nesgirl wrote:Do you not remember back in grade school, we learned a little something called personal space? And in fact it should apply to all genders. If you wish to look and behave like a civilized citizen out in public, and not have the public look at you weird, you need to follow those rules. And everyone needs to learn the basic elementary school rule of keep your hands and feet to yourself.

Sometimes people wish to have their personal space invaded, nesgirl. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 08 Oct 2014 20:18

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Peter

Postby Peter » 08 Oct 2014 20:26

We could live life keeping our personal space

One view and their are a lot of people in happy relationships as well. We cant dismiss them from the debate
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Dream Science”