Life after death?

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
nesgirl

Re: Life after death?

Postby nesgirl » 12 Oct 2014 02:41

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:27, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Oct 2014 02:52

Yeah. Btw, soon you will have a reply on the "religion-politics: Iraqi crisis" thread. Just been busy lately. Catch you later. Sweet lucid dreams full of deities! B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Oct 2014 03:05

Summerlander wrote:Yeah. Btw, soon you will have a reply on the "religion-politics: Iraqi crisis" thread. Just been busy lately. Catch you later. Sweet lucid dreams full of deities! B-)

I like this bet because if I'm right you have me reminding you how wrong you were for eternity, if I'm wrong well it's a shallow victory for you. :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Oct 2014 03:52

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:28, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Oct 2014 04:00

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:
Summerlander wrote:Yeah. Btw, soon you will have a reply on the "religion-politics: Iraqi crisis" thread. Just been busy lately. Catch you later. Sweet lucid dreams full of deities! B-)

I like this bet because if I'm right you have me reminding you how wrong you were for eternity, if I'm wrong well it's a shallow victory for you. :lol:

Unlike Summerland, for me, it is more of a coveted desire, not a belief.
I have issues like I said earlier that I don't want to be stuck with for eternity.
You are lucky, you may not deal with things in life that literally do make you want to escape to your Lucid Dreams and Multimedia Designs, but even then, that isn't enough.

I have real issues I deal with. You think I want to be stuck doing this for eternity, think again. I feel guilty enough when these things happen in reality, and I don't want eternal guilt on my shoulders:
Yes sometimes because of my mood swings I can literally be like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Lcck2lJHLg or like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NPc08-BWvg (this mood swing causes me to have insomnia) If I have certain mood swings I can sometimes act like a complete jerk, which when I realize I am, I feel really bad about it.

Well, I do understand your reasoning on this. I actually know who your polar bear is.... :oops:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Oct 2014 07:18

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:28, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Oct 2014 11:09

Well, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. But I doubt I am. For me it isn't about victories. It is more about staying on the side of what is evident, factual, and true.

I cannot readily believe in something for which there is no evidence.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Oct 2014 13:10

Summerlander wrote:Well, if I'm wrong I'm wrong. But I doubt I am. For me it isn't about victories. It is more about staying on the side of what is evident, factual, and true.

I cannot readily believe in something for which there is no evidence.

I might believe you believe in theories that conform to a pre existing set of standards you have. Outside that set of standards are monsters and just like the numerical monsters are hard to accept in our real world.

Title ACM SIGSAM Bulletin Homepage table of contents archive
Volume 34 Issue 4, Dec. 2000
Editor Mark Giesbrecht Univ. of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Pages 16-32
Publication Date 2000-12-01 (yyyy-mm-dd)
Sponsor SIGSAM ACM Special Interest Group on Symbolic and Algebraic Manipulation
Publisher ACM New York, NY, USA
ISSN: 0163-5824 doi>10.1145/377626.377635
When the results of certain computer calculations are shown to be not simply incorrect but dramatically incorrect, we have a powerful reason to be cautious about all computer-based calculations. In this paper we present a "Rogue's Gallery" of simple calculations whose correct solutions are obvious to humans but whose numerical solutions are incorrect in pathological ways. We call these calculations, which can be guaranteed to wreak numerical mayhem across both software packages and hardware platforms, "Numerical Monsters". Our monsters can be used to provide deep insights into how computer calculations fail, and we use them to engender appreciation for the subject of numerical analysis in our students. Although these monsters are based on well-understood numerical pathologies, even experienced numerical analysts will surprises in their behavior and can use the lessons they bring to become even better masters of their tools.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Oct 2014 13:29

LOL! Buildit, rather than focusing on non-sequitur pseudo-analogies, ponder more on your Carl Sagan quote. :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 12 Oct 2014 21:42

Summerlander wrote:LOL! Buildit, rather than focusing on non-sequitur pseudo-analogies, ponder more on your Carl Sagan quote. :mrgreen:

I have and decided my life is too short to make decisions on what to ignore just because it doesn't fit my world view.

Return to “Dream Science”