Quick question.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
GavinBoyd

Quick question.

Postby GavinBoyd » 13 Oct 2014 06:38

What is the most important skill to posess in order to have lucid dreams? Is it a high self awareness? I've been pretty much trying everything but meditation or any other self awareness raising exercises for that matter, and I think this may be why I am unsuccessful.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Blackjack3

Re: Quick question.

Postby Blackjack3 » 15 Oct 2014 22:48

I personally think self-awareness is very helpful because every time I have a lucid dream it's either because I'm doing a routinely reality check or I look at the situation and realize something is not right. The more you ask yourself if your dreaming the more likely you will do it in a dream. But it has to meaningful, I have thought it in a dream then immediately thought of something else and got distracted.

Meditation will help but if you don't have time for it then just self-awareness and reality checks is the way to go.

GavinBoyd

Postby GavinBoyd » 16 Oct 2014 05:41

Thanks for the input. I've been being pretty disciplined when It comes to reality checks but I feel like I should be doing more. When I dream, I never really know its happening until I wake up. It's like I never dream in present tense I've been thinking a higher self awareness would help this, but I think I should practice other ways, besides reality checks. I guess I can start meditating, but I just feel like I'm too hyper and squirmy for that. When I meditate for about 7 or 8 minutes, the only thing I can think about is how bored I am and that I can't wait for it to be over. Any other ways to help self awareness? Or perhaps some tips to make meditation more tolerable and effective?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

tompine73

Postby tompine73 » 18 Oct 2014 16:54

I also have a lot of trouble with meditation. I have found that the 61 point technique works quite well. For me each point lasts an in breath and out breath so maybe 3 to 4 seconds each and therefore 3 to 4 minutes for a whole cycle, after that I try to just listen to any sounds without really thinking about them.

This gives me anything from 3 minutes to about 10 minutes (if I do 2 cycles and am breathing fairly slowly) depending on how I feel. I know 3 minutes is pretty pathetic but it’s not bad place to start without getting too frustrated. What’s more, I will often do this more than once a day.

Thinking about remembering 61 points seems daunting but many are used twice and it comes surprisingly easy (and what’s more it’s mentioned in one of Stephen Laberge’s books so it can’t be bad!)

http://www.meditationmojo.com/meditation-articles/advanced-meditation/61-points-relaxation-meditation

Guess what! I have just found the technique recommended on this site:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/the-61-point-relaxation-technique.html

GavinBoyd

Postby GavinBoyd » 21 Oct 2014 05:36

Thanks! Never heard of that technique before. I'll defiantly have to try that one.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Return to “For Beginners”