All Debates Summed Up! (In a cute video)

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

All Debates Summed Up! (In a cute video)

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2014 05:00

Ever wonder why we bicker about whether an OBE, or Lucid Dream, or a an Astral Projection is the same thing or not?

It's because we are just mere children arguing whether it's 'raining' or it's 'sprinkling'. Then it gets VIOLENT! And someone is bound to get 'poked in the heart'! :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sKdDyyanGk

This video also pertains to debates on Religion, The Soul, Free-Will, and of course, the myriad of lucid dream experiences we experience without labels yet.

Is it possible to realize that we have been idiots this whole time, failing to realize the friendship we all have, coming together from all places in the world for one common experience we all share in this forum?

(I put this in the Debate Section... err... I mean... the Off-Topic Section). ;)

BUT IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT WAY!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Re: All Debates Summed Up! (In a cute video)

Postby buildit » 18 Oct 2014 05:21

By definition a debate is composed of to polar and opposed sides of an issue who thru verbal acuity on the topic vie for dominance and public support.

I personally prefer a good discussion where ideas are shared, considered and if of value adopted for further personal consideration. ;)

Because quite frankly no one here is going to provide me some great epiphany about the value of my personal faith. :roll:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 18 Oct 2014 05:36

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 18 Oct 2014 05:42

nesgirl wrote:Too bad it is kind of late for me, because I likely got reported again. Although playing the 5 minute games on the Adult Swim websites help with the depression.

And Anti-Romance isn't religion BTW, it is Politics.

Also I have issues with making friends anyways, which is why I don't want to make them. I also have too many issues with my mood, so I don't want to make them.

And yet wise men "women" say, "Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never know love at all." I assume the same is true for great friendships even if it doesn't rhyme as well. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 18 Oct 2014 05:49

Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 18 Oct 2014 06:00

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:
And yet wise men "women" say, "Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never know love at all." I assume the same is true for great friendships even if it doesn't rhyme as well. ;)

Unfortunately that isn't always true, especially when you get betrayed, it is like being jabbed right in the stomach.

Sure, so are lots of things in life. Yet if you stop experiencing.... risking... feeling you loose what makes you alive. Reason without curiosity is no better than a lap top computer running a virus scan. :lol:

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 18 Oct 2014 06:45

Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Oct 2014 07:44

I don't know if it's "Spwinkling" or "Wraining" anymore.
I just feel Cat's and Dog's falling out of the sky and I'm going to grab my umbrella and run to shelter.

But before I run, isn't it interesting to analyze that video? It's one guy against twins, and both sides use authority figures to prove their points. (Their God... err... I mean mothers). We mature and grow out of it..... I hope.

And I like the twin sister who mediates it and takes control. (Of course she still takes the side of her God... I mean... Mother figure and denounces the fact that it is 'sprinkling' and proclaims that it is indeed, 'raining'.)
But she, just like me, sees the two fighting and urges a compromise. (To no avail of course.....)

DO YOU REALIZE HOW RIDICULOUS WE ARE?! WE ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM CHILDREN OR EVEN DOGS FIGHTING OVER A BONE!

(wake up)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Postby buildit » 18 Oct 2014 17:31

HAGART wrote:I don't know if it's "Spwinkling" or "Wraining" anymore.
I just feel Cat's and Dog's falling out of the sky and I'm going to grab my umbrella and run to shelter.

But before I run, isn't it interesting to analyze that video? It's one guy against twins, and both sides use authority figures to prove their points. (Their God... err... I mean mothers). We mature and grow out of it..... I hope.

And I like the twin sister who mediates it and takes control. (Of course she still takes the side of her God... I mean... Mother figure and denounces the fact that it is 'sprinkling' and proclaims that it is indeed, 'raining'.)
But she, just like me, sees the two fighting and urges a compromise. (To no avail of course.....)

DO YOU REALIZE HOW RIDICULOUS WE ARE?! WE ARE NO DIFFERENT FROM CHILDREN OR EVEN DOGS FIGHTING OVER A BONE!

(wake up)

And like animals we do things to establish order, build skills for future conflicts and as an excuse to interact with others.

As for Nesgrl's comment. I already have a 100 lb doberman, a great friend but his conversation skills are still infantile even if we do have a great bond. The biggest down side is when you animal friends reach the end of their time. I've already had two best friend pass in my loving arms in order to save them the pain and suffering of old age, I'm not looking forward to the third. :cry:

There are NO easy answers and anyone who said life would be fair lied to you. The best we have is the comfort of those who know our pain and are willing to empathizes with us. :|

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 18 Oct 2014 20:51

First of all, we don't all share friendship. Second, even friends don't always see eye to eye. Third, disagreements should always be expressed. Fourth, debates are productive and intriguing when there is passion involved. Fifth, we primarily evolved to argue before reaching reason. Sixth, don't be arrogant but above all do not be afraid to come across as arrogant.

I like it when people see what I see and agree with me. But I also like opponents. Defy me with all your might if you are 100% sure about your position. Come up against me without pulling any punches because you might just sway me. But to sway me you need evidence and reason.

Once swayed, I'll start making concessions...

Btw, sorry nesgirl but I'm with buildit when it comes to romance. Despite dolorous lessons in life, despite suffering in romance, at least you experienced it and can empathise with others in similar situations. You can derive strength from past experience and help others. And, at least, you know you can love and use your head at the same time.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”