Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

Postby Summerlander » 19 Oct 2014 01:30

Well, you are not exactly helping yourself (genes) evolutionarily speaking. Your siblings may propagate some of the genes that you share with them if they, unlike you, lead sexual lives, and the minimum you can do is ensure that they live long enough to procreate. But if you and your siblings are asexual, yes, this is genetic suicide. Your uncles and aunts are more distant and there are less chances of the genetic propagation that is inherent in you.

Now, I can also say, without any shame, that I don't care about some family members of mine. My father was a wife-beater and I'm pretty sure he is still a degenerate gambler today. He is a waste of space so why should I care about him? (Especially when he makes no efforts to apologise, shows no remorse, and does not care about his grandchildren.)

My mother raised me and I love her dearly. I care about her wellbeing. Despite being a Catholic, she respects me as an atheist and she cares about the family unit. I don't have to agree with her on every point in order to love her. She is also free to believe in God and an afterlife. It isn't a crime.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Postby buildit » 19 Oct 2014 02:12

Summerlander wrote:There is no purpose there. There is no extinction with the conscious goal of aiding the extancy of other species. Things happen willy-nilly.

Okay so it was a hypothetical evaluation, not a literal analysis of the situation.

Genetics themselves are funny. As humans we are against the analysis of what matches would produce the best genetics in our children, too much like Hitler I guess. Yet, humans have played genetic match maker for dogs, cows, horses, pigs, deer, trout, bass, frogs, salmon, cats, birds.......... No one got the whillies when we made seedless bananas or grapes. :roll: So at some level Nesgrl is right about the possibility of a more platonic and less sex driven society. Sex, lust or whatever you want to view it as is not a necessity for human survival and as a race we might evolve into a less endorphin driven society anyways.
This is not to say relationships, companionship, even intimacy has no redeeming qualities. It is well documented that these interactions reduce stress and build confidence allowing for better health and longer life spans.

That's my $.02. :D
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 02:42

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:48, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 19 Oct 2014 03:02

Just an FYI, you do know that most people view cloning as bad due to a lot of bad history and press. It would take many years and a lot of successfully cloned organs to change public opinion of cloning.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 03:24

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 19 Oct 2014 03:56

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:Just an FYI, you do know that most people view cloning as bad due to a lot of bad history and press. It would take many years and a lot of successfully cloned organs to change public opinion of cloning.

Then we will have to do research and do whatever we can to perfect cloning. Cloning is so much better than the alternative, because cloning is so much cleaner and less invasive. Cloning you can keep your personal space while it is happening, and you can just stay as platonic friends with the other.

Hugh? No, cloning still requires a human womb. Sorry females still needed as incubators.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 19 Oct 2014 04:02

:lol: That's the other thing I really, really don't understand about this entire fiasco of a bad idea.

So, let's say that somehow on God's green earth you manage to convince the vast majority of human beings that altering their most primal and defining attributes into asexual, anti-romance, anti-love, isolationist prudishness is the best way to create a productive, secure society for the human race and for all the sub-sentient species of earth. Let's say that you manage to establish your fascist regime of unsocial stiff-spines, in which perfectly moral, sane nymphomaniacs are either murdered at birth or forced to live in hiding from the platoons of police-dogs hunting them down. Let’s say that people are invariably prohibited from procreation or kisses or any sexual contact of any kind or even any physical contact at all--and you will ensure this … how exactly? Death penalty? Banishment (what, are we in the Dark Ages :lol: )? Doesn’t matter.

Let’s say you somehow pull all of this off. So …

Why, why, why, do you think that cloning is the best way to ensure the survival and proliferation of the species?! For some incomprehensible reason you keep talking about nothing, absolutely nothing, but cloning! Why?
You do understand that, through the extremely unsustainable method of cloning, you are creating a continuation of offspring with identical DNA? IDENTICAL DNA. Do I need to say that again? IDENTICAL DNA. So, with my miniscule little regressive mind (because, you know ... I am, by nature, a raping, psychotic sexual deviant), I am trying to comprehend: Why cloning? It’s not that you even are considering any other means of continuing your master “Aryan” race--you only talk about cloning.
There are literally so many ways to artificially produce offspring. Especially since in your little fantasy society, you consistently say that you're so gloriously “scientifically and medically advanced.” So why not just have "Biological Production Houses" where they have sets of artificially-grown human reproductive organs inside machines, constantly pumping out babies into artificial uterus chambers?
So I guess your idea, with all the cloning, is to artificially create a genotype in which all feelings of romance and sexuality are nonexistent, and then use this genotype as the basic blueprints and preset for all human beings afterward? Even with this method, it is an absolutely terrible idea. In one mind-blowing display of foolishness, you eliminate any room for improvement in genes through natural selection.
All ethical problems with cloning aside (clearly we're beyond--or perhaps before--the territory of 21st century morality or ethics), cloning is certainly not the best means of approaching the problems resulting from you defying your true, evolutionary nature.
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 04:27

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:49, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 19 Oct 2014 05:27

nesgirl wrote:Actually with cloning, we will eventually be able to improve genes in the future. And get rid of the negative genes that I possess inside of me. And if I clone, I won't have to touch or go near anyone. I don't need to deal with negative relationships, ever, or to ever have my space invaded. This makes it so that I can keep living an isolated life.

That would be great and I look forward to when gene therapy can solve genetic diseases and heal viruses forever. But it's not here yet. So for the moment you can freeze your eggs to be fertilized from a sperm bank should you want a little NESchild. ;)

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 06:01

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:49, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “Off-Topic”