All Debates Summed Up! (In a cute video)

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nesgirl

Re: All Debates Summed Up! (In a cute video)

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 02:09

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:29, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 19 Oct 2014 03:33

nesgirl wrote:And these risks unfortunately are terribly high, much too high for my liking. It isn't just those that made me anti-romantic by the way. I never developed any feelings for romance (like many anti-romantics never have, something about the hormones), so I never understood them. It only made things worse when I was shown the negative things about romance as a teenager, so I learned to hate romance. Keep in mind also I was badly bullied in middle school. If one is badly bullied, abused, or hurt in any situation, they would value personal space very much.

You're saying that traumatic experiences in a person's life, if left untreated, can stimulate the development of psychological deficiencies and impediments that result in a tendency to flinch away from, ward off, and frankly hate ordinarily natural human behavior and characteristics.
All very true statements.
None of which, however, bear any real support for anti-romance as a legitimate school of thought or a legitimate, intellectual remedy for society's problems. In fact, you're just adding more supporting evidence to the fact that all of this is emotional nonsense.
(With that last comment there, you're being very psychologically revealing; your reasoning is essentially: "I've become an introvert as a result of my experience, so ALL people should become introverts, or else they're not allowed to live in my society!")
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 04:02

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 19 Oct 2014 06:43

Summerlander wrote:DeschainXIX, I love you :-*

I read DeschainXIX's eloquent reply, and recent posts about religion and 'soul', and I must say I am starting to fall in love too. Being a sleeping dog on a couch that would be considered bestiality. I hope nesgirl accepts my sexual orientation. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 06:50

HAGART wrote:
Summerlander wrote:DeschainXIX, I love you :-*

I read DeschainXIX's eloquent reply, and recent posts about religion and 'soul', and I must say I am starting to fall in love too. Being a sleeping dog on a couch that would be considered bestiality. I hope nesgirl accepts my sexual orientation. ;)

Don't be falling in love with me. Because you know how I feel about that.

Well at least I already know where in my arguments most others stances are going to be. However I am NOT changing my mind. I still will NEVER change my mind on how I feel on romance or friendship. Let me put it in another way, I CANNOT make friends, and I don't trust anyone, so why would I want to be stuck slaving myself to someone I distrust for the rest of my life? Personally, it is so much easier taking care of a pet. You feed them, you water them, you clean up after them, they don't cost hardly anything, and they treat you with affection and kindness in return and you can even talk to them. Now they are worth having around.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Oct 2014 12:27

We accept you for who you are, nesgirl, but I don't think you treat us with the same courtesy. You also unfairly pigeonhole us as sex monsters when we haven't committed any sex offence. I know there are sickos who sexually assault others, but this doesn't mean that everyone who is sexual is as unscrupulous as that. There is consensual sex which is pleasurable for both/all parties involved and it is a good recipe for a healthy romantic relationship. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 19 Oct 2014 13:22

Yeah, it's time I confessed to everyone. It may explain why my replies sometimes take a long time. I have to wait for my owner to leave the room to quickly type on his laptop (he doesn't yet know I'm sentient) :D
But, yes, as I've said every step of the way, nesgirl, your asexuality is totally fine and acceptable with me--in many ways I admire it. But the combination of creating serious ideals out of your sexual orientation then forcing those ideals on others, and your clearly articulated sentiments about having a totally rigid, inelastic opinion about it all are where there's a problem. :)
Well said.

buildit

Postby buildit » 19 Oct 2014 13:32

Love, I love a good nap, I love a wonderful dinner, I love my house, my motorcycles, my big old dog. None of this love is even similar to the lust I had for several women in my life. Maybe someday the English language will find better words for the many types of love that exist, like Eskimos have for various types of snow.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 16:48

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Oct 2014 00:31

We are not telling you to be sexual. We know it is against your nature. But you urge us to embrace asexuality before our sex lives turn us into psychos and rapists. And you affirm that one day I will feel the sting of being in a romantic relationship.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”