Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nesgirl

Re: Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

Postby nesgirl » 21 Oct 2014 01:52

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 21 Oct 2014 02:15

nesgirl wrote:
buildit wrote:
nesgirl wrote:Like I was saying, I would probably be at least a bit more rational if I wasn't having PMDD right now.

Is it me or does explaining why you are irrational take away the excuse for being irrational? :roll:

Also does it make me seem irrational to be explaining irrationality to someone who is telling us how irrational she is right now? :lol:

Uh not sure.
Actually I really was acting a bit like a moron a few months ago, in case you didn't know that. And because many of the users got really angry for that, I was about to do for them what I thought was a favor by having myself erased, and wrote that in my signature. One of the users actually saw I was about to do so (before the PM went through), and pleaded for me to stop.
I was having a problem in class earlier with my hyper mood swings. You don't even want to know how annoying it was to everyone, and everyone was asking if I had a problem.

Asking for help is never a bad thing, shooting yourself in the foot in order to get attention and hoping someone sees the foot wound isn't the wound they should be most worried about is. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 21 Oct 2014 02:59

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:43, edited 4 times in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 21 Oct 2014 03:06

nesgirl wrote:The kind of help I would get, in case you didn't know, is being locked away forever, and being tortured and poked by others. It is a fate WORSE than death itself, and I would be so upset if that happened I would stop eating.

I could be wrong, but only you can prove me right or wrong. I think you are smart enough to analyze your situation and look at the world to develop the proper coping mechanisms. We all have our peculiarities that set us apart and develop devices to establish a median range. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 21 Oct 2014 03:27

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

buildit

Postby buildit » 21 Oct 2014 03:46

nesgirl wrote:Oh and did you know Buildit, that they persecuted people like this back in Salem? And their cats? Many females I am sure did not like the fact of being locked away in the Asylums at all, so they isolated themselves from them and others. But I am sure not only people who had mood swings, but other people who suffered from other issues wanted to isolate themselves, because they feared persecution from the people. They made friends with the black cats, because they were loyal loving companions, just like any animal was, and like them, they were hated by the community. But because they behaved differently according to the community, isolated themselves, and adopted these black cats, those stupid religious leaders accused these poor females of witchcraft, which clearly they did nothing wrong, it was just someone religious bashing someone who was innocent. These ladies were then hanged by these religions, and their cats were burned at the stake. Once again, religion took things a little too far. Actually back in Europe, religions were persecuting magicians, and burned them at the stake, accusing them of witchcraft. Poor Esmeralda in the Hunchback did nothing wrong, yet she was still executed (in the book). Poor Hunchback killed himself at the end of the story, because she was his only friend.

Yeah, they weren't too picky as the prosecuted many scientists as heretics. People who are scared and insecure often choose persecution of those who are different as a means of resolving conflict. You can see school children do it when they alienate a child who is physically different.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 21 Oct 2014 04:04

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:44, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Oct 2014 22:46

@nesgirl: I wouldn't necessarily pigeonhole you as a psychopath just because you have mood swings. But I will psychoanalyse you in order to ascertain whether or not you are one. (Bear in mind that psychopaths don't necessarily know they are psychopaths and not all of them are serial killers either.)

Now, I would like you to read the following narrative (the rest of you can do the same) and answer it according to what you think:

A woman meets a handsome stranger at her mother's funeral but she forgets to take his name and phone number. A few days later she kills her sister. Why?

@deschainXIX: I think the US government is partly accountable for the sophistication displayed by the Islamic State. They did train ISIL members in Jordan! Even Osama Bin Laden was disciplined by the CIA! Obviously, there has been a lot of manipulation by Americans overseas and a lot of Foreign Policy mistakes were made. But Islamists had already made up their minds about Americans and the rest of the world's infidels centuries before the so-called Western occupation. The Islamic State today is all about establishing the old Caliphate of barbarism, superstition and inequality. I think Americans are definitely needed now and they are doing right by Kurdistan and human rights. In saying this, I also think Obama is a bit of a laggard when action is required. He should've got involved in the Syrian civil wara lot sooner in order to depose Asad. Because he didn't when he could've and should've, the situation escalated and is now a little precarious. It's just like the former state of affairs with Saddam Hussein: they should have taken him out sooner! What's the best option? Get the oil and share it with the world for profit or let the tyrannical Stalin-inspired madman burn all the wells and assemble WMDs?

I am interested in Middle Eastern affairs and American/British intervention there but I feel like I still don't know enough to form decisive opinions about everything that is currently going on there. I have been recommended a book by Christopher Hitchens (by the man himself on C-Span, lol) which is pertinent to this topic. Perhaps you might want to read it, too. It pays to be curious sometimes. It's called "Blood, Class and Empire."

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Last edited by Summerlander on 21 Oct 2014 23:21, edited 1 time in total.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 21 Oct 2014 23:21

Well, with the limited information given, there are a lot of possibilities. But, since you were talking about psychopaths, I suppose the correct answer is that she might want to kill her sister to prompt another funeral, in the hopes that her "handsome stranger" would attend and she could get his name and number. That is very psychopathic (or at least sociopathic) behavior.
But that doesn't seem like a very intelligent plan of action, to my mind. If the handsome stranger knew the sister well enough to attend her funeral, then certainly the handsome stranger's identity could be ascertained via brief questioning of the sister. No need to kill her. So I'm not entirely confident in my answer.
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Oct 2014 23:26

Lol! Deschain, congratulations, you're a sociopath! :-D

A non-psycho would think she killed the sister because this one started seeing the handsome stranger. The killing would have been a crime of passion.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”