How I enter lucid dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
StormSharkX

How I enter lucid dreams

Postby StormSharkX » 24 Oct 2014 02:33

I can use star trek to control and enter lucid dreams.

This is not something that happen over night, its something I have worked on within my mind for years and that has progressed to a stage where I can literately enter a hypnotic like state which I can control for sometimes what feels like hours when I am on the verge of going to sleep.

I say lucid dreams but I am not really asleep, at least not when I enter the state, if I fall asleep I often loose all control over what dreams, the secret is to remain between sleep and awake. Sleep to the point where you loose all awareness of your reality (hence of where you really are, laid in bed alone with your eyes closed) but remain conses enough to guide yourself through your dream. This method often works better with the lights on

My imagination starts out been beamed onto the starship voyager in a totally different part of the galaxy, here I am greeted as a friend by anyone I feel like inviting into my dream world, I often used to choose members of the voyager crew, 7of9, Captain Janeway, then my choices in time became more obscure like a random Bajorian crew mate with no character to who I could develop my own characteristics, till eventually anyone from ether my own reality or past, or fictional character could be there to greet me on the transporter, even blank characters that I could create from a picture, there is but one constant rule, to successful enter my lucid universe they would have take on the role of the greeting party at the transporter hence, replacing part of the voyager crew.

This is where my lucid dream state would always start, but not every time I tried would I successfully fall into my character as the guest been greeted on voyager, often I would have to reset my imagination back to this point try and try again till I lost awareness of everything else and begin to live the lucid dream, its hard to describe how you know when you in the right mind set because you become unaware, but need to without falling fully asleep drift away into the dream loosing all awareness of your reality and gain full concussions over your self in the dream, its like walking a path that starts at this set position at some point down the path no telling where or when you loose yourself into the character you have created and continue to live it in a lucid state, if at any point you regain awareness you have to start again the further you go the more intense the dream becomes and the more you begin to take control over your character and the less you become aware of your reality if that makes any sense, yet it just takes a second to span out of it but practice can create longer more reliable sessions.

So here is the path I follow:

I am beamed up onto the transporter room of the starship voyager far far away in another universe, here I am greeted by others I choose to be with in my dream.

The greeting is often long and intense, maybe intense is not the right word but here there is definite exchange of information, we discuss and I learn about them as they learn about me, I am still in control not quite asleep but very lucid, I don’t try to force hard on certain aspect of my character or those I choose to be my guides (maybe hosts would be a more accurate description) but instead let the stage set its self from my subconscious, if I don’t like it I can start again, I can only guide my subconscious but not overpower and over control I need to stay lucid, often my characters can surprise me with characteristics I did not push for but let naturally develop, these surprises are often nice if not always, guided but not forced characters work best even my own character which can take many forms such as honorable warrior or rouge explorer.

We may often leave the transporter room together and start to look around the ship, I allow them to give me tour of other areas of the ship, without forcing the situation I allow them to almost invite me to look around, they become my guide, plces we may visit include the mess hall (here I often confuse universes and end up at quarks DS9) I often see the bridge or simply stare outside a window looking into endless space from the hallways of voyager, I have shuttle craft at my disposal, hollow decks, I am anywhere in the universe in a world of dreams, I can visit world conceded within my imagining, I can be a warrior, a hunter, a lover, a lost explorer found drifting alone in space, the crew of voyager are always helpful they can allow me to choose to travel or live among them use, there are hollow deck facilities where I can create my own settings, or I can take them to visit my home world visit my own people which can in its own expression be paradise, if your going to visit paradise in your lucid dream I am not taking about some distorted boyhood dream of a sexual nature, paradise is beyond what I ever imagined, very peaceful and commutative together place, there is no control and are no slaves in paradise even of a sexual nature, it is pure freedom and love, beautiful beyond anything you will ever seen in real life, it almost cant be forced, you need to let your dream take you there without forcing it, if you are forcing it then you have too much control and know you are trying to control a dream, and by doing so are not in a state of unawareness lucid enough to experience the true feeling when you reach paradise.

A self entered lucid dream is guided not driven.
Last edited by StormSharkX on 24 Oct 2014 03:54, edited 5 times in total.

buildit

Re: How I enter lucid dreams

Postby buildit » 24 Oct 2014 03:00

Sounds like you have an abnormally strong affinity for Star Trek. Interesting how you have honed your technique to embrace that reality. Sounds like it works well for you so good job.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

StormSharkX

Postby StormSharkX » 24 Oct 2014 03:26

buildit wrote:Sounds like you have an abnormally strong affinity for Star Trek. Interesting how you have honed your technique to embrace that reality. Sounds like it works well for you so good job.

I have developed a very strong success rate using this guided method of entering sleep, I feel its not lucid in the way many might understand, since I often become a passenger inside the dream guided by the people (characters) I meet at the transporter room where i gain access to the dream, when they start to show me round the ship is often where I loose consciousness of the reality that I am in bed falling a sleep and gain consciousness over the character I undertake in my dream, at which point it begins to seem real, but its this been guided that keeps me from waking up, I am almost certain of this, if I try and push myself towards the hollow decks or towards the shuttle bay then often I end up waking myself up and having to start over again, I need to be guided by my dream hosts but when it clicks right it really works well, the introductions are often important to guide myself in the right direction, if I want to visit paradise then I need to tell them of my home world make them want to visit, make this paradise of my imagination then, for once I am fully emerged its then that my hosts will need to take me there.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 24 Oct 2014 17:52

[quote]I am beamed up onto the transporter room of the starship voyager far far away in another universe, here I am greeted by others I choose to be with in my dream.
[/quote
]

I am a Star Trek fan and at present I am near the end of Voyager season 3. I watch one episode about every evening, and I will from now start practicing your method as it makes sense to me. I have a fair vivid dream recall, but could improve being lucid.

Welcome to the World of Lucid Dreaming. :)

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 03 Nov 2014 18:44

So has Star Trek helped me? Yes it has. Before going to sleep I visit Voyager chatting to people, at the moment it is mainly 7of9,Neelix and Tom Paris. I find my dreams last longer, and also for the first time I can after waking up and going to sleep again continue where I left off in my last dream. Here a much abbreviated sample: I had to fetch a deed of sale, after a long body flight I got back to my home town. End of Dream, putting dream on to my voice recorder. Getting up for a piddle back to bed, thinking of the dream falling asleep." I am standing with the signed deed of sale outside the office, Peter says: Yes Erich can fly that is why he is back already. A person says, I don't believe you. Peter ask: Erich please show them. I oblige and fly up and also do a body flip." (I like to show off and also teach people flying) I have a dream recall most times after my first waking up which is not long after falling to sleep due to a weak bladder, and the last two dreams in the morning before getting up. Focusing on voyager I do seem to have longer dreams and also more vivid. I think I am more receptive to dreams because Star Trek could be seen as a dream. Lets see what the future brings. :)

Old Traveler

Postby Old Traveler » 03 Nov 2014 19:14

I LOVE Star Trek. Next time you beam up take me with you. :lol:
Old Traveler.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 04 Nov 2014 10:22

Last evening after posting my findings I called up the next episode which was voyager season 4 episode 13 Waking Moments. To my great and pleasant surprise Waking Moments is about Lucid Dreaming. Commander Chakotay knows how to lucid dream, and his skill is needed in helping to save a dreaming crew. I enjoyed the episode, but judge for yourself. :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”