Science proves it

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
buildit

Science proves it

Postby buildit » 19 Oct 2014 00:05

So if anyone without friends who are also able to control their dreams feels they are unproven or looked at like they're crazy, well here you go. Science actually has tested and shown people can control their dreams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eYt4ZmkR8
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Re: Science proves it

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 01:06

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

buildit

Postby buildit » 19 Oct 2014 01:53

Well, then I give up. :lol: Maybe we could sign a group witness form or a petition for you? ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 19 Oct 2014 04:43

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2014 03:23

Michio Kaku is just a Sesame Street Puppet on TV. Did he say anything innovative or is he just reading a script? I'm dumbfounded by how these people on TV are so dumb.

I want to teach Stephen Hawking how to lucid dream. Being a smart person I'm sure he's heard of it and can use his body again for a brief period. Why is it all considered hog-wash? I'm serious!

Anyway, as a lucid dreamer I can tell you, whatever the brain activity is for eating 'a chocolate cake' in reality is based upon past experience, and it's also activated in a lucid dream when you eat the illusion of 'a chocolate cake'. I am amazed by muscle movement too and how you can do a pull-up or climb a wall in a lucid dream and feel every muscle and every tendon stretch and work just like real life. (It's rare, but it has happened to me a few times). Stephen Hawking wasn't born in a wheel chair and it happened later in life due to disease, and (I shouldn't pick on him, but it sums up all scientists in general), he should learn to lucid dream!

I want them all to, and then come back to me with something important to say.

buildit wrote:So if anyone without friends who are also able to control their dreams feels they are unproven or looked at like they're crazy, well here you go. Science actually has tested and shown people can control their dreams.

(It was an invitation to vent and kick a little Science-TV-Puppets around and I could have been worse!) 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2014 03:34

nesgirl wrote:Some people are just like Patrick when SpongeBob is Dream Sharing with him.
SpongeBob keeps telling Patrick that he is dreaming and even shows him dream sign after dream sign, and yet Patrick just doesn't get it, and thinks he lost a quarter. Even at the end of the SpongeBob episode, he still believes he lost that quarter, and asks everyone if any of them has a quarter because he is oblivious.

Yes, we all know that we get false memories and illogical thoughts no matter how 'lucid' you think you are. I've been lucid in a dream still trying to find that 'quarter' many times.... It's a good analogy.

But we all do it and it's nothing to be ashamed about. It seems to be a part of lucid dreaming unless someone tells me otherwise and that they have COMPLETE LOGICAL CONTROL! And that part of our brain gets shut off and the Amygdala reigns supreme which is emotion and memories without logic! You can't control it, but you can tame that beast!

(I'm still trying)

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Oct 2014 03:43

HAGART wrote:(It was an invitation to vent and kick a little Science-TV-Puppets around and I could have been worse!) 8-)

Fine by me. I am not sure why but I actually wonder what Hawkins dreams about? After all he doesn't believe in life after death so it's not like thing are looking up for him. :roll: Maybe he has dreams where his physics don't work and death isn't the end of all consciousness? :|

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2014 04:21

I don't want to kick someone when when they are already down, but body aside, I hope Mr. Hawkings wakes up mentally and learns to feel again!
(just saying)
"He's more machine than man." -Star Wars

I'll just go ahead and anger everybody and suggest he dream of girls in bikinis from time to time just like Monroe did.

(I think I just about pissed off everyone with my reply, but I like to joke to myself and I like to laugh.) I await The Nesgirl Carnage :|

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Oct 2014 13:13

HAGART wrote:I don't want to kick someone when when they are already down, but body aside, I hope Mr. Hawkings wakes up mentally and learns to feel again!
(just saying)
"He's more machine than man." -Star Wars

I'll just go ahead and anger everybody and suggest he dream of girls in bikinis from time to time just like Monroe did.

(I think I just about pissed off everyone with my reply, but I like to joke to myself and I like to laugh.) I await The Nesgirl Carnage :|

You never know what simple pleasures might stimulate him. ;)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2014 16:07

For the record I was wrong. It was Robert Waggoner in a interview I saw who said he use to 'chase girls in bikinis' in his lucid dreams a lot before he took it to the next level. Monroe said he use to 'pinch bottoms'. I was wrong. Both are innuendo and it seems like every guy tends to do that and I'm sure most women do too in their own way when first starting out lucid dreaming if you know what I mean.

I'm off on a tangent but I wanted to get my facts straight. Plus it's fun to push a few of nesgirl's buttons to get a reaction. :mrgreen:

Return to “Dream Science”