Waking life

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
buildit

Re: Waking life

Postby buildit » 24 Oct 2014 04:20

HAGART wrote:So who are you to complain! :lol:
"I didn't like this free thing I saw and wonder why I watched it for free".
"If only I could get that waste of a time I call my free life back...." ;)

( I have to laugh and will never feel bad for recommending it to you, love it or hate it! ) 8-)

I like the chimpanzee scene where he is running the projector and then eats the script at the end... so many great moments! :ugeek:

You mean like the two guys in the bar who shot each other?

Oh, and I said watched it online. I didn't say it was free. :roll: "No Refunds" :cry:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 24 Oct 2014 05:27

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:21, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Dreamscape!

Postby HAGART » 24 Oct 2014 05:48

I should watch Dreamscape, Nesgirl. You have obviously seen Waking Life and I like your view of the ambiguous ending. There is no right or wrong answer. In fact WAKING LIFE, is not about answers, but about questions.

I have found Dreamscape for free on You Tube. Full Movie!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0lsoPhBu00

Before I see it, I must say, love it or hate it, I can't complain if it's free.
(Don't come to me if you think it was a waste of time, and I won't give money back if I never got it in the first place.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Postby buildit » 24 Oct 2014 13:15

Just remember when it was made. C.G. was still a new art form and laft much to the imagination. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 25 Oct 2014 22:20

Thanks for sharing that link, Hagart, I'll watch that.

Does anyone know where I can watch "Waking Life" for free? If you don't readily have the link, don't bother searching for it for me. I can find it myself; I was just wondering if anyone had an easy, quick link for me :)
Well said.

buildit

Postby buildit » 26 Oct 2014 03:54

deschainXIX wrote:Thanks for sharing that link, Hagart, I'll watch that.

Does anyone know where I can watch "Waking Life" for free? If you don't readily have the link, don't bother searching for it for me. I can find it myself; I was just wondering if anyone had an easy, quick link for me :)

Looks like it's free here...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22ukr7_waking-life-2001-original-full-movie_shortfilms

Or you can break the bank and watch it on you tube. :roll:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Oct 2014 08:30

That didn't work well. It said to follow the link below and when I did, I was prompted with a 'sign in'. Thanks for trying and I am not complaining when something is free. But I don't recommend that link. I use to have a good one to Putlocker but that website is messed up now. I hope we can find a good link sometime.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 26 Oct 2014 16:54

I still use Putlocker. I might watch it there, if the quality is good. If not I'll just buy it. I would have bought it already but it's hard finding a film like that.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Oct 2014 05:46

I watched Dreamscape on You Tube and that link works well.

It was a fun movie to watch on a lazy Sunday afternoon, not expecting much, so I couldn't be disappointed. I liked how it was a retro 80's movie and although it seemed low budget and the music that plays during every climatic scene was really cheesy, it was probably a big movie at the time. But I enjoyed it for those reasons!

As a lucid dreamer I can poke so many holes in the way they depict dreams and ignore any control the main person, who is dreaming, has on it, but it's just a fun Hollywood movie and that would be like analyzing a car chase scene. It had a good premise and you need to fill in the gaps with imagination.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 27 Oct 2014 11:57

Yeah I feel the same way. Christopher Nolan's "Inception" is one of my favorite movies to this day, despite most of it being fantasyland nonsense as far as the reality of lucid dreaming and dreaming in general.
But that one scene where Cobb is in the hotel bar with Fischer, pulling the "Mr. Charles" routine is one of my favorite scenes from any film ever. I'm not sure why. I just love the tone and the dialogue as Cobb tries to make Fischer lucid. That's probably the reason I love Inception so much. The dialogue is just perfect.
"My name is Mr. Charles. You remember me, don't you? I'm the head of your security down here."

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Return to “Off-Topic”