Non-Frightening Sleep Paralysis?

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
Derpybunneh

Non-Frightening Sleep Paralysis?

Postby Derpybunneh » 24 Oct 2014 23:46

I have no memory of ever experiencing SP, I've heard of experiences which included, demons, aliens, scary stuff, etc.. So, I am wondering if it is possible to, when having sp, instead of seeing all that stuff mentioned above, can you ever see normal/happy things? Like, a dog in your room? :?:

Because it is just your brain making stuff up, so, that means I would probably see something other than demons, aliens, etc.. Unless my subconscious is really a menacing chaotic monster.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

nesgirl

Re: Non-Frightening Sleep Paralysis?

Postby nesgirl » 25 Oct 2014 02:38

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 25 Oct 2014 17:12

nesgirl wrote:You don't have to be afraid. As long as you aren't scared while entering SP, the experience will not be frightening when you enter SP. Whatever you feel or hear you just relax and realize it is not going to hurt you. Realize that SP is a type of semi-dream you are having and relax while it is going on. If during the time you are relaxing you find your breathing doesn't match the breathing you hear, you are inside your dream body (aka you are dreaming), and you can now move yourself inside your dream body away from your bed and enter a WILD.

Thanks for the info, but that wasn't my question. My question is, is it possible to not see scary things, such as demons? Can I see just normal stuff (like people, animals)?

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 25 Oct 2014 17:33

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 27 Oct 2014 22:08

nesgirl wrote:
Derpybunneh wrote:
nesgirl wrote:You don't have to be afraid. As long as you aren't scared while entering SP, the experience will not be frightening when you enter SP. Whatever you feel or hear you just relax and realize it is not going to hurt you. Realize that SP is a type of semi-dream you are having and relax while it is going on. If during the time you are relaxing you find your breathing doesn't match the breathing you hear, you are inside your dream body (aka you are dreaming), and you can now move yourself inside your dream body away from your bed and enter a WILD.

Thanks for the info, but that wasn't my question. My question is, is it possible to not see scary things, such as demons? Can I see just normal stuff (like people, animals)?

If you keep calm and tell yourself it is only a dream you are having, sure why not? I've controlled my SP before in that fashion where I summon dream imagery for a few minutes and control it before phasing into a dream. SP is in fact sort of a pseudo-dream after all. If that is what you would rather do is control dream imagery until you phase directly until you phase into a Lucid Dream and it keeps you calm, that is perfectly fine.

THANKS.

Return to “Sleep Disorders”