Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
nesgirl

Re: Religion and Politics: Iraqi Crisis

Postby nesgirl » 05 Nov 2014 19:58

Summerlander wrote:

Double standards. What do you think about 20-year-old Maddy Coz tweeting the following about David Beckham's 10-year-old son: "Romeo Beckham, you're like ten and so hot!" and then people slating paedophile-hunter Stinson Hunter for suggesting that she was inapproprite?

Hunter's argument urged people to imagine that a man was saying that to a 10-year-old girl. He merely reversed the roles and asked if people would be as justificative of the hypothetical male poster. I think Coz could have said something like, "Romeo, you're a handsome boy, you must take after your father and will be a ladies' man when you're older." This would be appropriate. But people seem to think that only male paedophiles exist. Imagine the uproar or the suspicion that would arise if a heterosexual man merely tweeted the following about a prepubescent girl: "You are so pretty, you'll definately be a fox when you're older..."

No, I know when they are acting really inappropriate around me. If they get really close within my personal space, are starring at me with really inappropriate looks, if they have an instrument in their hands and they are playing it while getting too close, or like on the bus or train when guys will intentionally sit right next to me or across from me and when there are empty seats available. A few times I have been asked if I am available, and I said NO. Even if I wore a purple shirt with a black triangle shirt in the middle of it (symbolism of anti-romance), I still don't think they would leave me alone.
If a guy really wanted to be platonic friends with me, rather than acting like a complete idiot in front of me, why doesn't he at least try be civil in front of me?
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Nov 2014 20:53

I'm not disputing your intuition about the intentions of certain men that you come across. I wouldn't even deny the fact that a lot of men are weak, pathetic, inappropriate, and often ill-equipped for women. 8-)

But you have not answered to the veridical instance of ostensibly venial inequality I've just mentioned which clearly bestows a repose to women that men would not get in that same situation. In fact, men know not to go there if they know what's good for them.

A special kind of insouciance is required from Maddy Coz for her to tweet that, something that all men cannot afford and the fear of witch-hunts should equally be on the minds of paedophiles. This fear was not present in Coz at the time. I hope this is clear... :idea:
Last edited by Summerlander on 05 Nov 2014 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 05 Nov 2014 20:54

@Summerlander

Wow, that's quite a lot of information. I've got to second nesgirl in saying that you have an admirable knowledge of political history. Thanks for sharing that!
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Nov 2014 21:02

Thanks, Worldenterer1. I think it was deschainXIX who said that. Curiosity bestowed the cat another life in my case I suppose... 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Worldenterer1

Postby Worldenterer1 » 05 Nov 2014 21:10

Summerlander wrote:Thanks, Worldenterer1. I think it was deschainXIX who said that. Curiosity bestowed the cat another life in my case I suppose... 8-)

Ah yes, that was deschain.
Lucid Dream Count: 10
Normal Dream Count: 100+
Goal for next LD: Think with portals.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Nov 2014 21:32

Summerlander wrote:I'm not disputing your intuition about the intentions of certain men that you come across. I wouldn't even deny the fact that a lot of men are weak, pathetic, inappropriate, and often ill-equipped for women. 8-)

But you have not answered to the veridical instance of ostensibly venial inequality I've just mentioned which clearly bestows a repose to women that men would not get in that same situation. In fact, men know not to go there if they know what's good for them.

A special kind of insouciance is required from Maddy Coz for her to tweet that, something that all men cannot afford and the fear of witch-hunts should equally be on the minds of paedophiles. This fear was not present in Coz at the time. I hope this is clear... :idea:

I am going to go with what you said about that. They really need to learn not to act like idiots.
Hey I thought it was fun just playing video games with a bunch of guys at my mom's friend's house before. Most guys don't actually think a female would enjoy that (in many cases that's true), and they don't consider some females actually do enjoy things like that.

I know a few of my gender do the same thing and it is a bit shameful.

Witch hunts would be on the minds of them, because I would definitely get mad at someone or defend the kids from someone who was one.

Oh you think you can come up with a really good argument in this one newbie thread? There's this one newbie I am arguing with who just cannot accept why Lucid Dreaming is so wonderful and I am trying to teach Lucid Dreaming to. Maybe my whole Lucid Dream escapist thing is not good enough reasoning, but maybe you could give your reasons to why you like Lucid Dreaming.
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15457&start=20
I think many of us would really get arrested for homicide if what that newbie said was true, because I think too many Lucid Dreamers like myself have killed their DCs.
Goodbye forever...

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 05 Nov 2014 22:06

@nesgirl

Modern feminism annoys me to no end. Most of its "tenets" and claims can be refuted simply by turning the table around. Switching the roles of males and females in any situation.

People constantly complain that women are looked-down up or objectified or viewed as useless or whatever it is they're complaining about in the particular moment.
Fine. But men are incessantly told they lack empathy and sympathy, are stupid/illiterate, ugly, disgusting, sloppy, misunderstanding, violent, et cetera. Most of all, men are told to be utterly and omnipresently ashamed of their sexuality, while women are encouraged to explore there's. In fact, in response to the recent Marysville Shooting tragedy, Anita fucking Sarkeesian (whose twitter account “Feminist Frequency” is promoted by Twitter) tweeted that masculinity is the invisible hand behind all the seemingly ever-present shootings we have here in America and is in fact the root of most violence. Suppose some man as equally popular as Sarkeesian said that the hyper-emotionalism characteristic of females is the root of all depression and suicide. Well, we would have a vicious case of mediaitis on our hands (outraged inflammation of the media).
Obviously both statements are extremely ignorant and outrageous--but the point is that people unquestioningly accepted the first one. Simply because Sarkeesian is a feminist woman. And feminism is good! It's politically correct! It's modern!

These is a good video on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-Nw3zyYpvs
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 05 Nov 2014 22:27

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 05 Nov 2014 22:57

You tend to think very egocentrically, nesgirl. If you had noticed, I was actually making commentary on modern society being poisoned by feminazism. Feminism served its purpose in developing human civil discourse, but now it is a wholly antiquated school of “ideas” fueled by reaction and irrational, myopic feelings.
I was not, however, criticizing you personally. Stop taking things personally. I was simply enlightening you, since evidently you are a feminist in addition to an asexual and you don’t seem to know about the stupidity of modern feminism. I respect your asexuality to the fullest extent (although not its political implications), but I do not your feminism.

I appreciate you ceded me the point about Sarkeesian. Good; you’re thinking.
But you’re still being a feminazi by saying that guys are inherently evil for being responsible for your asexual discomfort. Again, more one-sided double standards. Am I to assume that were you to be a very attractive asexual male, you wouldn’t get problems from girls trying to hit on you? Try to think beyond your own personal experience, nesgirl.

(Another little thing you mentioned that I’d like to address, because it is outright libel. Why would I think handicapped persons are incapable of experiencing emotions? Moreover, why would I criticize you for sharing gossip some person told about you in high school? Not only is all of this totally incorrect, but it came out of nowhere.)
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 06 Nov 2014 01:29

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 03:28, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

Return to “Off-Topic”