Population in Dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
jamjam

Re: Population in Dreams

Postby jamjam » 31 Jan 2012 16:16

I'm sure the things It showed were indeed amazing! You just didn't explore them! Things aren't always what they seem especially in dreams! I really don't mind people in my dreams because I try to help them... they might be smarter than me! Some of them are extremely interesting!
Sweet dreams,
jamjam

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 01 Feb 2012 00:45

True, I didn't really inspect those places closely. In the past I've usually have been shown impressive and breath taking things, so I was expecting the same. I will try to keep that in mind if it happens again. Lately I've been having lucid dreams very frequently, like four times a week or so. So I might get to put into practice sooner rather than later.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 01 Feb 2012 01:39

HAGART wrote:Let us know if you talk to your dream figures in crowded places and what they say

It may be just me, or do we all experience this?..., but there is only ever ONE sentient 'person' that we can talk to at any given time, and get answers from (In other words, they speak back). The other 'people' around, no matter how numerous, are more or less, for a lack of a better word, mindless zombies. They give answers, but speak in riddles and sound ridiculous. I have never been able to speak with two sentient beings at once either, which leads me to believe I am only talking to myself in some way. The 'being' is always different, but still the same: The subconscious. But it is a 'self' that gives true answers, whether I agree or not at the time.

Gooeymaw wrote:They were all just minding their own business, but they suddenly look my way

All in unison? I have had that happen to me and it is creepy. They all look at you at once, as though they are all iterations of the same 'being'. So actually they are all ONE 'being' and not a 'crowd' because of the Kaleidoscope effect. ( I just coined that, maybe it's been said before, i dunno....) It's hard to explain, but makes sense to me.

Gooeymaw wrote:I am totally unimpressed and make my request again, but only to be shown other un-interesting things.

I try to change a dream a lot and fail. I find it best to go with the flow, and as a 'dream character' told me recently, "My will can only influence the dream." In other words, as I interpret it, I can only effect a little, but have to go with the flow for the most part. I can change it, but it never works right because half the mind has already setup the 'world'. It takes a lot of mental effort to change EVERYTING and go against what has already been setup by.... well lets face it, 90% of our mind which is the subconscious.

(DON'T TAKE THE 90% SERIOUSLY. IT WAS JUST AN ARBITRARY NUMBER TO EXPRESS HOW, IN A TUG OF WAR WITHIN THE DREAM MIND, OUR CONSCIOUSNESS WILL ALWAYS LOSE!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Doctorjuice

Postby Doctorjuice » 08 Feb 2012 06:52

I would say stop trying to fight them. Pull one of the people aside and ask them what is going on. Ask them, "Why is everyone here?" or "Where can I go to be alone?" or "Why won't you all just leave me alone?"

I believe it's always a good idea to make friends with your dream figures and subconscious.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 08 Feb 2012 11:18

What a beautiful idea DoctorJuice, however Gooeymaw being a fellow werewolf I'm pretty sure this is how he makes friends http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTel5vVhYqQ ;)
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 09 Feb 2012 03:25

HAGART wrote:
HAGART wrote:Let us know if you talk to your dream figures in crowded places and what they say

It may be just me, or do we all experience this?..., but there is only ever ONE sentient 'person' that we can talk to at any given time, and get answers from (In other words, they speak back). The other 'people' around, no matter how numerous, are more or less, for a lack of a better word, mindless zombies. They give answers, but speak in riddles and sound ridiculous. I have never been able to speak with two sentient beings at once either, which leads me to believe I am only talking to myself in some way. The 'being' is always different, but still the same: The subconscious. But it is a 'self' that gives true answers, whether I agree or not at the time.

Well, seeing as how I usually just want to get away, I've not had the chance to try this out, but I don't see why the one sentient being couldn't hop around depending on who I was talking to.

Gooeymaw wrote:They were all just minding their own business, but they suddenly look my way

All in unison? I have had that happen to me and it is creepy. They all look at you at once, as though they are all iterations of the same 'being'. So actually they are all ONE 'being' and not a 'crowd' because of the Kaleidoscope effect. ( I just coined that, maybe it's been said before, i dunno....) It's hard to explain, but makes sense to me.

Well, MANY of them all turned to look at me, others just went about their own business, almost as if they heard my wishing them away and were mildly offended.

Gooeymaw wrote:I am totally unimpressed and make my request again, but only to be shown other un-interesting things.

I try to change a dream a lot and fail. I find it best to go with the flow, and as a 'dream character' told me recently, "My will can only influence the dream." In other words, as I interpret it, I can only effect a little, but have to go with the flow for the most part. I can change it, but it never works right because half the mind has already setup the 'world'. It takes a lot of mental effort to change EVERYTING and go against what has already been setup by.... well lets face it, 90% of our mind which is the subconscious.

Yeah, it's the same for me. I seem to have very little inflence. But it does get really frustrating when all I want to do is just cut lose and have some fun on my own terms. Stupidl sub-conscious, it's such a fun-hating old school marm.

(DON'T TAKE THE 90% SERIOUSLY. IT WAS JUST AN ARBITRARY NUMBER TO EXPRESS HOW, IN A TUG OF WAR WITHIN THE DREAM MIND, OUR CONSCIOUSNESS WILL ALWAYS LOSE!)

Oh, yeah I figured that much. I know how you meant it. I mean, who can actually say what percent of something you can't see you use? No worries there.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Feb 2012 04:05

I found your responses within the quote and I read them... for others reading, they may not, but... let them be confused! :?

Anyway,
I just realized something today, and I haven't even checked my dream journal to verify it. I probably should before I jump to conclusions, (but who wants to sift through over a hundred pages of notes?). Here's what I noticed: MOST OF THE TIME, WHEN I EVER CONJURED A PERSON OR EVEN A PIZZA (inanimate objects are easier).... I WAS ALONE.

The other day, I was in a room and family members were around. It was like a family gathering of sorts. I couldn't conjure anything. I tried a pizza on the ground, (my favorite comfort food), I tried a sexy woman (my favorite comfort person). BUT NO!

In my experience, it is easier when alone. It is still fun to be in a crowd and mess with people, ( I think Jam Jam helps them, but I am a jerk! :D )

P.S. Before somebody else notices, there was a glitch and it was Rebbecca who wrote, "Let us know if you talk to your dream figures in crowded places and what they say"

Doctorjuice

Postby Doctorjuice » 09 Feb 2012 06:09

I believe somebody mentioned something about only bring able to talk to one sentient dream character while the others seem mindless. I don't think this is the case in my dreams. There can be multiple sentient beings and they can have a good range of personalities. However I'll more often just have my focus on a conversation with only one. I believe my subconscious likes to take the focused approach of one focused conversation rather than the scattered approach of drawing on conversation from multiple people at once (in other words, talking to multiple people at once). This is similar to real life, as I often like to hang out with small groups of people or just one on one. My most fruitful, deepest conversations and interactions usually occur when it is one on one.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 09 Feb 2012 10:01

one is capable of being more than one character in a dream and of interacting with more than one. i think you guys are limiting yourself to just one you at a time who can only talk to one other at a time.

I'm sure the things It showed were indeed amazing! You just didn't explore them! Things aren't always what they seem especially in dreams! I really don't mind people in my dreams because I try to help them... they might be smarter than me! Some of them are extremely interesting!
Sweet dreams,-Jamjam

So you don't do things like slice off the head of the chief vampire's bride with a slow draw cut, pick her head up by the hair and throw it at the vampire- how nice! The majority of dream and even nightmare characters are friendly and so one is kind, helpful and friendly to them, but when they're not one needs to show them what a real werewolf is like ;) In combat one needs to stick at nothing and do things to mentally unbalance ones foes so they'll lose their heads and make mistakes.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Feb 2012 02:51

Doctorjuice wrote: There can be multiple sentient beings and they can have a good range of personalities. However I'll more often just have my focus on a conversation with only one

Actually, now that I remember, I did have a lucid dream in which there were several people who were, sentient. I had to look the word up again and it means able to perceive feelings and things. ( I meant it before more as 'able to think and have a consciousness' Maybe it's the same thing).

The dream started as a lucid false awakening and when I went down stairs there were people in my house. And they all knew I was lucid dreaming and had personalities as though they were real people. But I never met them before in my life. I never willed them to be there or conjured them though. I find doing that only produces one person with a personality. And also there was a main leader of their group and I talked to him mostly as though he was my friend and the others where just acquaintances.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”