WILD problem occurring frequently...advice please!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Intrepid

WILD problem occurring frequently...advice please!

Postby Intrepid » 31 Jan 2012 15:01

I recently had my first successful WILD upon my 2nd determined attempt. I've learned what signs to look for to know if I'm heading in the right direction as far as relaxation, HI, and maintaining consciousness. HOWEVER, lol, usually about the time when I'm getting vivid HI flashes (full-color scenery, audible noises or voices etc) my entire body becomes, or feels like it becomes flush and warm. I've learned to ignore the onset of sleep paralysis, which, for me, sometimes feels as though my skin is crawling a bit and I have the urge to shift position. This sensation is different, though. It doesn't go away like the tingling SP feeling, and it's kept me from "riding the wave" several times now. Has anyone else experienced this or, much more importantly, overcome it? Thanks for the feedback :-)

KylePK

Re: WILD problem occurring frequently...advice please!

Postby KylePK » 01 Feb 2012 05:40

You;re lucky you can WILD so quickly (2nd try? damn) but yes, I too have this surge of warmth. I always call it The Pulse. Because it explodes in my mind, feels like pure energy and pulses through my entire being. Usually it feels almost like a hot flash, and can often prove quite distracting. For me, it only lasts a few seconds but also ruins any chances I had of succeeding it seems.

Unfortunately I pose no solution for you. Only another viewpoint of the same problem. My personal thought is that I need to learn to observe but not let this feeling interfere with my attempts. Easier said than done.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

Intrepid

Postby Intrepid » 02 Feb 2012 17:39

It's good to know at least one other person experiences that sensation. It doesnt happen every time, but when it does, it's very distracting.

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2012 18:24

It sounds like something you'll just need to push on through and ignore so you can get back to "riding the wave", as you put it. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”