Unusual type of dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamstudent

Re: Unusual type of dreams

Postby dreamstudent » 28 Oct 2014 02:05

buildit wrote:
dreamstudent wrote:Your not wierd, I believe and not sure I'll prove in my life time, that dreaming is a study and science completely separate from others. There is a lot about dreams that's undiscovered I believe. So one cannot think themselves weird for being more aware of the world around them.

Whatever you weirdo. :lol: Like must sciences I think it's a melding of many disciplines. Probably organic chemistry, physics, micro biology, physiology, psychology and more than likely math. ;)

I get what your saying build it completely but I agree with you that is all those, but like obviously psychology involves neurobiology in some ways, so I'm saying eventually 'what if' it could be a separate science.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

buildit

Postby buildit » 28 Oct 2014 02:27

dreamstudent wrote:I get what your saying build it completely but I agree with you that is all those, but like obviously psychology involves neurobiology in some ways, so I'm saying eventually 'what if' it could be a separate science.

So like Ecology, which is a study of the home (environment), yet involves Geology, Chemistry, Liminology, Biology, Botany, Economics, Math, Meteorology, and several other "Ologies" I haven't studied yet. ;)
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Nov 2014 12:51

It sounds like one of the yogi states, a witness state where you are there but separate, an observer but one that is just "being". Not a thinking state. If you are in the state Im thinking of, I dont see how you would bring awareness there on purpose as its not really a state you can program as its not a normal dream state, thou the subconscious is manifesting before you too.

I can stay in one of those states all night, from time to bed to time to properly wake up in the morning (well used to be able to, I lost the ability to sleep in normal way one time for a week and went into that kind of state instead).. presence of beingness .. and end up remembering everything from during the night. Its like not going to sleep but being asleep. Its hard to explain but I dont normal dream in that state, i dont get into my dreams.. I just "watch" . The Watcher/Observer state.

ps.. what I found is that is that after a while if one is getting in this state regularly, one can end up being lucid in the witness state and being able to see everything you dream but as separate as you during the night and be able to analyse and actually think normally all night..but then wake up completely refreshed once one gets up in the morning. (its like part of the mind which dont sleep). (this is different to normal lucid dreaming as Ive found this state if one does get normal consciousness in it, comes with a super clear mind/can be more clarity then even when fully awake, while you stay out of the dream).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Blast169

Postby Blast169 » 03 Nov 2014 02:00

My opinion is that dreams can literally do/be anything

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 11 Nov 2014 19:17

All dreams are essentially formulated of hypnagogic imagery. They are nothing more than false perception information being displayed within our minds. We have this false conception that we need to have bodies or an existence within a dream, when actually we don't even need to be limited by the laws of physics or landscape.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 12 Nov 2014 04:12

It seems to me like the dreaming awareness is capable of creating numerous variations of the dreamer's perception of self in the dream environment. I say just go with the flow and enjoy the novelty of whatever "flavor of the day" dream body you have.

If you have a very abstract sense of body, or no body, it might be interesting to look for a mirror and check to see what your reflection looks like. Then jump into the mirror and see if there is a major change in dream scene.

If you have a lot of dreams in which you seem to have no body, so you can't, say, look at your hands as a dream sign to trigger lucidity, maybe you could conjure up just a pair of floating hands. Or perhaps you could suggest to yourself before going to sleep, "Tonight I will see a dancing elephant in a dream and then suddenly become aware that I am awake in my dream." - or some other unusual dream sign.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”