The Boogyman Proved Real

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2014 02:36

When I was a child, my aunt told me boogyman's real name. His name is Pecatuiah. She told me that Pecatuiah kidnaps naughty children at night when they're asleep. That same night Pecatuiah came for me. I guess I should have finished my soup instead of letting my sister have it. I got up in the night to use the toilet. The house was slightly different than what I remembered it to be but I figured my mother had changed the layout while I was asleep. Suddenly, and without warning, a snow-skinned man emerged from a wall, like an opaque ghost, and leered at me. He had the most maleficent smirk as he gazed at me with the deepest blue eyes. He could see right through me.

He began to chant: "Peh...Pecatuiah...saco minguaco... lele cala..." - and immediately I understood this to mean " Pecatuiah will shrink you and bag you, little boy is silenced." I screamed and began to run. My family was nowhere to to be seen. He got hold of me and pressed my navel, magically muting my voice. Somehow I escaped but I knew he'd be back. I must've fainted after the experience for I came to in bed in the morning. I told my oldest sister. That evening Pecatuiah returned but was strangely wrapped in a blanket. He chanted those strange words again but sounded different. This happened before bedtime and my sister was missing but my mother was talking to a friend in the living room. I told her everything. She bought incense the following day to ward off the evil spirit. I am absolutely convinced that the Boogyman aka Pecatuiah is real!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

buildit

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby buildit » 12 Nov 2014 02:54

Makes me wonder if this is where the whole thin man story really began. :o
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Nov 2014 02:57

The problem is that you ate the soup. It is known from ancient Indian mystical Baba-Guru-Yoda-Monks, that the soup is coveted by "Pecatuiah" from ancient eastern mysticism, roughly translated to, 'the man of boogy'. It should be poured into a bed pan before sleep as an offering to that being.

That is why he was angered and appeared "snow-skinned" as you described. He was malnourished.

I want to delve deeper into this and truly help you, but I must know more facts. Was the soup tomato based, stock based, or was it a cream soup?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:00

There are several problems with your story here that are quite clear to me. The most obvious and overshadowing of them all is the fact that you hallucinated the boogyman in a dream. Come now, Summerlander. You’re an oneironaut; you should be able to tell the difference between reality and hypnagogic projection.

The first important detail is that your Aunt told you about Pecatuiah. How could your Aunt, some random individual, have psionically-obtained information about the world that no one else does? I did a Google search for the words “Pecatuiah boogyman.” And you know what came up? Absolutely zilch.

Now … when you woke up and went to the bathroom, elements of your house were different and changed. This you readily dismiss without much consideration. You don’t think it even a little important to wonder why your entire house had changed? How could your mother have possibly changed the layout of the entire house during the brief span of your sleep, while you rested undisturbed by the commotion? Changed details are telltale signs that you are traversing a dreamscape. It wasn’t real, Summerlander.

Then “Pecatuiah” shows up and he speaks to you and you somehow know exactly what he is saying. Why do you know the exact translation of what he said? It sounds like no other language ever written, and yet you seamlessly are able to comprehend him. Moreover, how do you remember every little detail of Pecatuiah’s piece of dialogue (and even how to spell it) years later? All of this is more proof that you were in a dreamscape. But that last part makes me think that maybe you’re lying.

If you fainted how did you end up back in the bed? What, did Pecatuiah drag you back into bed so as to cover up all the evidence? Why?
Where was your sister? Do you have any explanation that she was gone? This you disregard just as dismissively as you did the altered elements of your house. Did your sister make a habit of mysteriously disappearing in your youth?

You’ve seemed to be a level-headed person in the past, Summerlander. But I don’t know anymore. There is no reliable evidence for your claims. Even without any evidence, your story has holes the size of South America.
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Nov 2014 03:04

He made a joke thread like this in the past in the paranormal section Deschain. I don't find this funny at all.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:09

Wait, what? He sounds really convicted.
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Nov 2014 03:13

deschainXIX wrote:Wait, what? He sounds really convicted.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14945

Yeah why not read this thread? This was a joke thread.
At first I literally thought I was Lucid Dreaming when I was reading that, because Summerland would never say that.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:24

Ah, yes. I remember that. I don't know.
We'll see how he responds to my criticism and your comment tomorrow.
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Nov 2014 03:31

We must respect each other's views. I get what DeschainXIX is saying, but did you have to be so harsh? Summerlander is going through a difficult time and we must not nit-pick on every detail. He is truly trying to express himself and you must respect that.

I too was visited by a mysterious being in the night as I was falling asleep. I put my soup in the bed pan (with a little urine) as I always do, but the "Man Of Boogy" still visited me. I'm trembling as I recall this....

It was dark, and I opened my eyes and saw my room. I couldn't move. Some mysterious being entered from the doorway and approached me. I tried to scream, but I couldn't. It was the scariest thing of all. It was absolutely hideous! It was wearing bell bottoms!

It hunched over and whispered in my ear.... "It's time to boogy!" I saw many lights flashing on the walls and a reflective orb above my bed! I woke up suddenly in tears and a profuse sweat.

I wonder if I should add more urine to my soup next time? Can anybody help me!

EDIT: I just remembered. The Man Of Boogy is vegan and I was providing Chicken Noodle Soup in my bed pan. The being is a vegan which explains it's ornery behavior. (It's the master of ornernaughts after all) I need to make it a vegetable soup next time. With urine of course to add that mysterious thing it craves known as 'Flavour' or in the western tribes of American culture in the village of Hollywood, known as 'Flavor'. Hopefully that appeases it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:49

HAGART wrote:We must respect each other's views. I get what DeschainXIX is saying, but did you have to be so harsh? Summerlander is going through a difficult time and we must not nit-pick on every detail. He is truly trying to express himself and you must respect that.

"Every experience that a human can have admits of rational discussion about its causes and consequences."
--Sam Harris

We have to nit-pick bad ideas, HAGART. If something is true, it is simply true, despite it hurting someone's feelings or being out of check with someone's experience.
Also, why would my trying to reason with him harm him? If anything, it would help ease his mind in knowing the boogeyman is not real. One more thing:

"We must respect each other's views." --Michael (AKA HAGART), 2014

"Some views don't deserve respect." --Sam (AKA deschainXIX), 2014

As for your testimony, I have a few comments:
Come on, HAGART. We're all oneironauts, here! We have standards of reality! Perhaps you two are on the wrong forum. You were obviously in sleep paralysis, as per your inability to move when the "mysterious being" approached you.

There are also a lot of continuity issues between you two's stories. For example, why does Summerlander's boogeyman look different from yours? Why does yours speak English while Summerlander's speaks in some strange language?

As for peeing in your food trough .... Urine has very little nutritional value. Why would Pecatuiah be hungering for some mortal being's excrement? I'm only appealing to your crazy views here. Sounds like you people are into some crazy tribal stuff.
Well said.

Return to “Off-Topic”