I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby Jack Reacher » 01 Feb 2012 06:37

I find counting down from 100 to be helpful, kinda makes sure I dont fall asleep. While counting down eventually I will notice im getting carried away in a thought, then that thought will turn into a motion picutre/dream thingy. Usually I observe it to much and snap out, that means I just start counting down again and wait for it again.

When it comes again, just observe and go along with it. When things get real vivid try a reality check and walk around, dont run off and do crazy stuff ( easier said than done, I remember I dived into a wave and woke up instantly), instead look at your hands or something. If the dream wasn't stable and it snaps out, just go back to counting.

I recommend trying this strategy only if you have plenty of time in the morning. I think going in and out of these little dreams also makes the trance more effective, not sure why though. I remember when I used to click snooze on my alarm clock I would get stranger and stranger dreams.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

KylePK
Posts: 275
Joined: 17 Jan 2012 04:35

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby KylePK » 02 Feb 2012 05:35

Jack Reacher wrote:I find counting down from 100 to be helpful, kinda makes sure I dont fall asleep. While counting down eventually I will notice im getting carried away in a thought, then that thought will turn into a motion picutre/dream thingy. Usually I observe it to much and snap out, that means I just start counting down again and wait for it again.

When it comes again, just observe and go along with it. When things get real vivid try a reality check and walk around, dont run off and do crazy stuff ( easier said than done, I remember I dived into a wave and woke up instantly), instead look at your hands or something. If the dream wasn't stable and it snaps out, just go back to counting.

I recommend trying this strategy only if you have plenty of time in the morning. I think going in and out of these little dreams also makes the trance more effective, not sure why though. I remember when I used to click snooze on my alarm clock I would get stranger and stranger dreams.


^^^^^ I had to quote the whole thing cause you have the right idea. This happens to me too (first thing you said), so you just ride the H.I into the lucid dream?
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

User avatar
Jack Reacher
Posts: 490
Joined: 21 Jan 2012 05:03
Location: New Zealand

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby Jack Reacher » 02 Feb 2012 07:54

Well I try to, but usually I just get carried away with it and somehow spontaneously realise im dreaming before I get too far into the dream. I guess this strategy is like peeling away the layers from the top. Basically you snap out but it takes longer and longer to snap out of the images, and eventually its just right without you getting too engrossed in the dream. I hope that makes sense to someone out there.

As I get better I probably will be able to ride the images into the dream normally, but as im really just starting I thought I should share this as a begginer strategy
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

Online
User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3180
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby HAGART » 03 Feb 2012 03:41

Jack Reacher wrote:without you getting too engrossed in the dream. I hope that makes sense to someone out there.


THAT MAKES EXACT SENSE.

I personally use the term, 'entranced' in the dream. It's the same thing. You just get well... 'engrossed' in it.

And it is the ENGROSSING, not the IMAGERY that is the key to wake induced lucid dreaming. The point we just lose ourselves in it, but stay aware is hard. Very hard. I still wake up a few minutes later, sometimes I jerk awake because sleep paralysis was about to kick in. Or I have a 5-10 minute dream, but was thinking and mulling the whole time so it was more like a vivid 'day-dream'.

I've had plenty lucid dreams, starting from within a dream, but I have never been able to stay aware and conscious as I fall back to sleep, and slip into a dream in the early morning.

I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

KylePK
Posts: 275
Joined: 17 Jan 2012 04:35

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby KylePK » 03 Feb 2012 23:43

Its hard to observe and ride the images into a WILD without getting engrossed in it though, it doesn't even seem possible lol.
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby Ryan » 09 Feb 2012 18:29

KylePK wrote:Its hard to observe and ride the images into a WILD without getting engrossed in it though, it doesn't even seem possible lol.

You can always try a different approach.

Riding the images into a WILD is what I call a Mental Rundown. Alternatively, you can try the "Noticing" exercise:

http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/09/06/what-is-phasing-and-noticing/
and
http://unlimitedboundaries.ca/2011/02/01/phasing-with-noticing-a-more-detailed-explanation/

I use the Noticing Exercise quite often as I usually get too carried away with the images. LoL
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

KylePK
Posts: 275
Joined: 17 Jan 2012 04:35

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby KylePK » 10 Feb 2012 04:56

That is a whole lot like what I attempt to do already, although his level of detail certainly helps! Thank you for posting that!
Striving to live free and enlightened in every way.

User avatar
Ryan
Posts: 548
Joined: 07 Aug 2011 19:47
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: I ALWAYS FALL ASLEEP!!!

Postby Ryan » 10 Feb 2012 05:10

You're quite welcome. I'm glad it helps.

I've got lots of other tidbits of information like that on my website if you care to take a peek around. :)
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/


Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest