Will it work?? Answers only please!!

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Hendrix

Will it work?? Answers only please!!

Postby Hendrix » 29 Aug 2014 03:22

Another technique is to count up to 100 in your head, optionally adding (for example) an “I'm dreaming” between each number. Alternatively, you can imagine stepping down stairs and reading each floor number, from 100 to 0. Try to make this image as vivid as possible — include not only what you see, but also what you hear, feel (touch the banister), and smell. At some point this image should continue into a dream or you will begin to get sleep paralysis as described above. It is easy to lose count, especially with counting up to 100 with an 'I'm dreaming' with each number. But stay focused: you are not going to sleep; your body is, and you must concentrate fully.

Does this technique really work?? People who have tried this respond

Inedible

Re: Will it work?? Answers only please!!

Postby Inedible » 29 Aug 2014 06:25

The way I tried it was counting backward. Either I'd be asleep by 80 or I'd do multiple rounds. I tend to go to sleep easily.

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 29 Aug 2014 22:52

I tried this a few times: I count down from 100 and between each number say "I am lucid" or "This is a dream" or something like that. One time when I hit zero a buzzing immediately sounded loudly in my head. I was totally not expecting it and snapped awake. Shame, because I think an LD could have sprung fairly easily from that point.
Dreaming is my drug

Jackson

Postby Jackson » 30 Aug 2014 20:10

No. One of two things always ends up happening. 1- I lose track of the number I am on, and it's like I didn't count at all, or 2- I get too focused, and can't fall sleep.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

LucidityMaster

Postby LucidityMaster » 08 Sep 2014 06:44

Hey there,

I recommend you just do the counting the breaths for now, and later possibly incorporate the Visualizations as you gain more experience.

Stephen LaBerge's counting technique is very simple, and I recommend it to most beginners of the WiLD category of techniques.

Simply count your breaths and mentally recite, '1 the next scene will be a dream, 2....and so on.

For some reason I have had the best success (with the counting method) when staying awake for 90 minutes.

With hybrid techniques, I hardly have to stay awake at all (I just relax and enter the dream)

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 11 Sep 2014 06:32

For myself it wouldnt work at all, why? cause I cant visualise and 2. Counting doesnt work for me at all.

Ive counted back from one crazily high number before in my attempts with counting techniques and it didnt work at all. In fact counting backwards doesnt relax me at all, it just forces me to have to think and in that state I cant relax. (I counted back from 500 or something like that, it may of been higher).

So to "will it work?" I think that all depends on the individual.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 12 Nov 2014 17:40

I tried doing that. I kept on getting to 1,000. Then I had to restart because it would become too complicated to say, "1,300 I am dreaming." Quite a mouthful.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”