The Atheist and Anti-Pseudoscience Thread

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
buildit

Re: The Atheist and Anti-Pseudoscience Thread

Postby buildit » 12 Nov 2014 02:45

Sounds like a dream job for a conspiracy theorist. Taking the smallest possibilities and making them explode into plausible fact. Opps, did I just out myself a a conspiracy theorist? :lol:

THE BOOGY MAN IS REAL!
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2014 02:48

See, I'm not the only one! ^^^

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:06

"...but I must know more facts. Was the soup tomato based, stock based, or was it a cream soup?"

I'm literally crying right now. :lol: :lol:

We probably should have put it under the "Paranormal Activity" thread, so people wouldn't read this and put them together. Ell well. I'm enjoying the debate so far, and I'm looking forward to whatever Summerlander and HAGART think up next. :D
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2014 12:52

Fuck! The Paranormal forum... :oops:

Let's see what I can come up with... :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 22:37

Yep, looks like people are being drawn in. Summerlander's done a good job of orchestrating a religion-esque phantasm with enough detail to faze people's sense of logos. So... much... research. :D
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Nov 2014 00:05

You are doing an excellent job, too, you son of a gun! :-D

I will have to defend my position somehow. It's quite challenging because you're a voice for reason and the feeling that I'm really in your team just nags me constantly. Hagart has helped me to build my casuistry, too. The more clueless people we get there, and believers, the better for me. I hope you soon find yourself having to put out many fires, deschainXIX!

Damn it! Why do you have to be so right? :-P
I've got work all day tomorrow so I'll probably reply Friday! I can't wait to devise my pseudo-counterargument.

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 13 Nov 2014 00:18

Haha believe it or not I found it a bit of a challenge tackling that massive tumor of argument you posted. It was just so much and all so well thought-out lol.
In the meantime, as I await your reply, I'll try to keep that fire as cold and dead as possible. ;)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 21 Nov 2014 03:23

Atheism refuted by talented genius. Count me as converted back to Christianity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wc5h7XQXoA
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Nov 2014 02:50

I can't wait to watch it. I'm working all weekend so I'll probably reply by monday! :-D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”