The Boogyman Proved Real

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Summerlander

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2014 17:09

Wow! So much to explain! LOL! :mrgreen:

buildit wrote:Makes me wonder if this is where the whole thin man story really began. :o

What about the fat man story? :mrgreen:

HAGART wrote:The problem is that you ate the soup. It is known from ancient Indian mystical Baba-Guru-Yoda-Monks, that the soup is coveted by "Pecatuiah" from ancient eastern mysticism, roughly translated to, 'the man of boogy'. It should be poured into a bed pan before sleep as an offering to that being.

That is why he was angered and appeared "snow-skinned" as you described. He was malnourished.

I want to delve deeper into this and truly help you, but I must know more facts. Was the soup tomato based, stock based, or was it a cream soup?

LOL! Interesting interpretation but I think the ancient Indian mystics were mistaken about Pecatuiah wanting the soup. (My aunt has already imparted quite a lot of information about the Boogeyman to me.) I believe, rather, that Pecatuia finds kids who eat nutritive soups worthy of respect. But it is curious that you should focus on the ingridients. In Romania, Pecatuiah is known as "L'uomo nero" and is said to take away kids who don't finish their soup. (In Iran, parents warn their children that the Boogeyman does exactly the same!) Now I think I was having something similar to the Romanian ciorba de perisoare, which includes beef, potatoes, onions and peppers. I had the chicken variant, not beef. Nutritive nevertheless. :)

I don't think his appearance matters so much, and, indeed, Belgians have identified him the be a shapeshifter, master of deception, with a penchant for frightening and confusing his victims. But he is also known to occasionally drink the blood of his victims. So the Boogyman may enjoy being and looking like a vampire part-time. :shock:

deschainXIX wrote:There are several problems with your story here that are quite clear to me. The most obvious and overshadowing of them all is the fact that you hallucinated the boogyman in a dream. Come now, Summerlander. You’re an oneironaut; you should be able to tell the difference between reality and hypnagogic projection.

The Boogyman chased me during my childhood. I was not yet an oneironaut. Also, how do you explain those times when he appeared to me during the day, cloaked in bed sheets just like in Goya's "Que viene el Coco"? My cousin even heard him chant once and helped me to escape. :o

deschainXIX wrote:The first important detail is that your Aunt told you about Pecatuiah. How could your Aunt, some random individual, have psionically-obtained information about the world that no one else does? I did a Google search for the words “Pecatuiah boogyman.” And you know what came up? Absolutely zilch.

There is a privy kind of knowledge that was imparted to my aunt which was first told by my great grandfather who was a Jewish German general. My great grandfather first spoke of "Pouka" (from the Old Norse "puki," which means nature spirit). It etymologically turned into "Peca" (which in Portuguese and Spanish comes from the word "pecar," meaning, "to sin"... coincidence?) :twisted:

In Tamil Nadu, India, he is known as Poochaandi. Notice the resemblance? Babau in Italy. Papao in Portugal. You really think these coincidences are a product of normal etymological evolution that began with some made up fairytale long ago? Think again! Jin Baba, the Djinn in Pakistan. Baba Yaga, in Russia. :!:

In many countries he is even portrayed as carrying children in a sack. No smoke without fire I say! Pecatuiah was around in the days of the Buganese pirates of Indonesia, when these used to terrorised the seafaring Europeans. Some say these evil pirates hated the legitimate traders and do-gooders so they summoned a terrifying evil spirit. Since the Buganese pirates were also referred to as "bugis," the European sailors named the demon that haunted them and their children at night as "bugi man." That's where the term Boogyman is believed to come from. I absolutely believe that Pecatuiah, the Boogyman, is real! :|

Pecatuiah once lived in human form during the reign of Sultan Mansur Shah in the 15th century. His name was Hang Tuah, one of the greatest martial artists who ever lived. It is of no coincidence that "pencak silat" means "martial arts" in Indonesian. Think of "Pencak Tuah" and you soon arrive at PECATUIAH! What more proof do you need? :geek:

As a boy, Hang Tuah was already very spiritual and he practice meditation. (Surprise, surprise!) This paid off as he now roams freely as he wishes between the physical realm and the spirit realm. If you want to learn more about this avatar of Pecatuiah, check out Sejarah Melayu, the semi-historical Malay Annals. As an adult, he was very loyal to the sultan. Now, the sultan had a princess who would only marry him if a list of requirements was met. In the list she requested seven jars of virgins' tears and a bowl of the sultan's first born son's blood. Tuah could see that this was difficult and failed his sultan before he died. It is said that he is now making up for this in the afterlife by collecting tears of children worldwide (by frightening them), and occasionally taking blood from the sultan's descendants.

At the same time he introduces children to the spiritual nature of existence. Hang Tuah also once said, "Takkan Melayu di Dunia." It's Malaysian for "Never shall the Malay vanish from the earth." Shamans are well acquainted with Pecatuiah, they know him as "Yekyua" (rhymes with "...tuiah"). Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan knew about him, and he was suffiently trained to be able to tell the difference between vivid or lucid dreams and visions of objectively existent spirit worlds. You think scientists have the time to dedicate their lives to spiritual training? People like Don Juan devoted their entire lives to it and made discoveries that Western civilisation isn't prepared for. Just read Castaneda's "The Art of Dreaming." :ugeek:

It can be argued that Pecatuiah wants children to be loyal and just to their parents just like he was to the sultan. In the Netherlands, the Boogyman is known to sometimes only take children temporarily. Spiritualists have posited that there is a kind of spiritual symbiosis between Pecatuiah and the parents of his victims. It is almost as if in his mind he is doing the parents a favour by frightening the naughty children. Some say, in this respect, that he is not evil but he certainly has a false reputation to maintain. It is the price he pays, or indeed his penance, for having failed Mansur Shah in his past earthly life. If you doubt the veracity of this story, check it out. It's all out there and legit. 8-)

deschainXIX wrote:Now … when you woke up and went to the bathroom, elements of your house were different and changed. This you readily dismiss without much consideration. You don’t think it even a little important to wonder why your entire house had changed? How could your mother have possibly changed the layout of the entire house during the brief span of your sleep, while you rested undisturbed by the commotion? Changed details are telltale signs that you are traversing a dreamscape. It wasn’t real, Summerlander.

It felt very real when I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Everything was clear. I did not ask my mother whether she had made changes of not but she is known to do this a lot and it doesn't matter what time it is. Also, it wasn't the entire house. It was a few things in the bedroom, the corridor and the bathroom. Besides, Pecatuiah, as I mentioned before, is known to frighten and confuse his victims. This sometimes involves optical illusion in the surroundings. It could be his attempt to make the homely environment more unfamiliar so that the victims feel somewhat lost and helpless. It kinda prompts you for what comes next... :)

And it can't say it wasn't real. You simply weren't there. It felt real and it recurred at daytime, albeit his presence was less conspicuous for some reason. Perhaps he really is a vampire and needs to cover his body with sheets during the day... :o

deschainXIX wrote:Then “Pecatuiah” shows up and he speaks to you and you somehow know exactly what he is saying. Why do you know the exact translation of what he said? It sounds like no other language ever written, and yet you seamlessly are able to comprehend him. Moreover, how do you remember every little detail of Pecatuiah’s piece of dialogue (and even how to spell it) years later? All of this is more proof that you were in a dreamscape. But that last part makes me think that maybe you’re lying.

When he chants "Pecatuiah" he is announcing himself and this hardly requires any translation. "Saco minguaco" is almost similar to Portuguese. Saco = bag; minguaco is similar to minga = shrink. Lele (little boy but also colloquially addresses the penis); cala = shut up, silence. A little telepathy might have been used to clarify exactly what he meant. 8-)

deschainXIX wrote:If you fainted how did you end up back in the bed? What, did Pecatuiah drag you back into bed so as to cover up all the evidence? Why?

I was probably taken temporarily, as the Dutch have discovered about the majority of their children. Sometimes Pecatuiah just wants to teach naughty kids a lesson.

deschainXIX wrote:Where was your sister? Do you have any explanation that she was gone? This you disregard just as dismissively as you did the altered elements of your house. Did your sister make a habit of mysteriously disappearing in your youth?

Sometimes she would say that Pecatuiah had tied her up and hidden her in a dark place before he went after me. That was odd. I guess he didn't want her to interfere while he was trying to take me. :shock:

deschainXIX wrote:You’ve seemed to be a level-headed person in the past, Summerlander. But I don’t know anymore. There is no reliable evidence for your claims. Even without any evidence, your story has holes the size of South America.

I had a paradigm shift. I have reached the fifth level described by the old wise man in "God's Debris." I think I provided enough evidence here so far. How can so many people all over the world describe the same entity and come up with similar names for it. Pecatuiah introduces himself and this is why. He is real. You can't disprove him... :idea:

By the way, look at the massive hole in rationalism and empiricism. Outrageous presupositions about the world are made using these epistemological methods and the philosopher Immanuel Kant clearly spelled out their inadequacy. The former reckons a priori reasoning is enough to know things about the objective, mind-independent world. The latter reckons the world is knowable, a posteriori, through experience, faithfully believing (as did John Locke and David Hume) that the senses can give us an accurate account of objects and their nature exactly as they are. Really? Kant provided some examples of components that must be brought on by the mind alone to be believed. If our minds are a "tabula rasa" as Hume claimed, how then can the mind make judgements about the very objects it has studied? Where did the concepts for making judgements about these objects come from?

Kant showed us that the real world is not knowable. Everything we have epistemologically imbibed is built on mental interpretations. Reason itself is based on empirical experience and cannot beget the true model of a mind-independent world. Knowledge has constraints because the mind constitutes features of experience and is limited to its subjective representation of space and time. Thus, the veracity of his transcendental idealism and empirical realism. Knowledge only applies to phenomena (how things are given to us) and do not reveal things-in-themselves. A thing-in-itself can never be known.

"The transcendental idealist, on the contrary, can be an empirical realist, hence, as he is called, a dualist, i.e., he can concede the existence of matter without going beyond mere self-consciousness and assuming something more than the certainty of representations in me, hence the cogito ergo sum. For because he allows this matter and even its inner possibility to be valid only for appearance– which, separated from our sensibility, is nothing –matter for him is only a species of representations (intuition), which are call external, not as if they related to objects that are external in themselves but because they relate perceptions to space, where all things are external to one another, but that space itself is in us."

- Immanuel Kant

Thus I reason that I don't know about the real nature of the keyboard in front of me any more than I know about the Boogyman's. What I do know is that they have both been represented in my mind, perceived... felt! Why should one be given more credit as an existential thing over the other? Note, many people experience the Boogyman but only a few get to see and touch my laptop... :twisted:

nesgirl wrote:He made a joke thread like this in the past in the paranormal section Deschain. I don't find this funny at all.

I made a joke before but everyone knew it was a joke and I didn't deny it. This is real now. Do I look like I'm joking? Why would I lie about this? :roll:

deschainXIX wrote:Wait, what? He sounds really convicted.

Thank you! 8-)

HAGART wrote:We must respect each other's views. I get what DeschainXIX is saying, but did you have to be so harsh? Summerlander is going through a difficult time and we must not nit-pick on every detail. He is truly trying to express himself and you must respect that.

Very considerate. But the difficult time is over. It is all true. The afterlife is real and Pecatuiah is certainly a nocturnal and diurnal force in this world. I'm 100% convinced. The evidence is overwhelming. Too many witnesses! :)

HAGART wrote:I too was visited by a mysterious being in the night as I was falling asleep. I put my soup in the bed pan (with a little urine) as I always do, but the "Man Of Boogy" still visited me. I'm trembling as I recall this....

See? and that confirms what I said about the soup and Pecatuiah's intentions. You've become receptive to him because I mentioned him here. In fact, he might have visited you before, in your childhood, and now the channels have opened up again.

HAGART wrote:It was dark, and I opened my eyes and saw my room. I couldn't move. Some mysterious being entered from the doorway and approached me. I tried to scream, but I couldn't. It was the scariest thing of all. It was absolutely hideous! It was wearing bell bottoms!

Did you feel like he was pressing your navel? He might be using different methods of silencing his victims. I do not think that was sleep paralysis at all.

HAGART wrote:It hunched over and whispered in my ear.... "It's time to boogy!" I saw many lights flashing on the walls and a reflective orb above my bed! I woke up suddenly in tears and a profuse sweat.

He's a real life Freddy Krueger, I tell ya'! :mrgreen:

HAGART wrote:EDIT: I just remembered. The Man Of Boogy is vegan and I was providing Chicken Noodle Soup in my bed pan. The being is a vegan which explains it's ornery behavior. (It's the master of ornernaughts after all) I need to make it a vegetable soup next time. With urine of course to add that mysterious thing it craves known as 'Flavour' or in the western tribes of American culture in the village of Hollywood, known as 'Flavor'. Hopefully that appeases it.

It won't! By the way, are you joking? :mrgreen:

Cuz I'm dead serious... :shock:
I just realised another thing. I think he has trouble pronouncing vowels. Peca... or puka? Lele or Lulu (as he's also known)?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 12 Nov 2014 20:36

Interesting topic. I search on google about boogyman but didn't found any things.

Are you talking about boogyman or Mr boogie sinister ????
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 12 Nov 2014 20:52

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Nov 2014 21:56

Summerlander has done a lot more research than I have. I only know what my grandmother told me, and it has always been tradition to leave urinated soup in a bed pan to satiate The Boogyman and keep it from harming us.

This is obviously a real phenomenon since The Boogyman is reported among all cultures, but simply goes by different names. We all have different names for a tree in different languages, but it's still just as real.

But I did some thinking and there is something I don't understand. How can The Boogyman appear in different bedrooms at the same time across the globe? This can mean one thing and one thing only. There must be many different boogymen. They are all are 'trees' by different names, but even each tree is unique and there are many species.

That explains how they can be in two places at once, and also why they appear differently for each individual.

I've done some serious thinking and perhaps what my grandmother has told me all this time is wrong. I'm open minded. Leaving soup out in a bedpan to make it go away is like trying to ward off mice by leaving a piece of cheese beside my bed. I will try other methods now. Any suggestions?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 22:17

Summerlander wrote:Wow! So much to explain! LOL!

Indeed. :x

Summerlander wrote:The Boogyman chased me during my childhood. I was not yet an oneironaut. Also, how do you explain those times when he appeared to me during the day, cloaked in bed sheets just like in Goya's "Que viene el Coco"? My cousin even heard him chant once and helped me to escape.

You can experience a dream sequence that is profoundly vivid without being an oneironaut. In fact, your lack of being a lucid practicioner makes it even more likely that you experience some sort of sleep-induced hallucination that you were not aware was false. Every night billions of people have experiences like this, and some of them are even more terrifying and pseudo-realistic. We must come to realize that these things are figments of our own very potent minds.

We can explain Pecatuiah's appearance coinciding with ancient mythos by realizing that you had already been given the idea of a boogeyman by your aunt. Your aunt planted the seed, and your mind did the rest--filled in the blank with all your strange experiences. A question to consider: Did you later question and discuss with your cousin the experience? Because if not, there is no way we can know she was actually present. She could very well have been a dream character. Evidence invalid.

Summerlander wrote:There is a privy kind of knowledge that was imparted to my aunt which was first told by my great grandfather who was a Jewish German general. My great grandfather first spoke of "Pouka" (from the Old Norse "puki," which means nature spirit). It etymologically turned into "Peca" (which in Portuguese and Spanish comes from the word "pecar," meaning, "to sin"... coincidence?)

In Tamil Nadu, India, he is known as Poochaandi. Notice the resemblance? Babau in Italy. Papao in Portugal. You really think these coincidences are a product of normal etymological evolution that began with some made up fairytale long ago?

Yes, I do actually.
You've yet to provide an explanation for there being such a gaping void in the internet concerning the word "Pecatuiah." Absolutely nothing comes up. If he's so well-known to people, why do I get literally no connections? No one has ever referenced the name.
Your mind is simply highlighting the coincidental pattern in etymological roots because that's what you want to see, based on your preconceived notions. What's stopping you from wondering if maybe someone in your familial lineage had extensive knowledge of global etymology and devised a name--"Pecatuiah"--that fit in neatly?
The boogeyman is nothing more than a scheme devised by generations of parents desperate to scare their children into respectful, listening submission. And this is what happened to you. Your aunt planted that idea within you, and a dark plant has grown to tower over your entire life. It's time to wake up.
"What is ... the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient ... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed--fully understood--that sticks; right in there somewhere."
--Dom Kobb, "Inception"
True words.
With this argument, are you going to say that Santa Claus is real too? Simply because in other languages there are similar words used to refer to the big man? :D

Also … where did you get that information about the boogeyman being passed down through your family’s generations? Did your aunt tell you? Because if so, it is unreliable, seeing as it invades upon my previous supposition that all of this is being spun from the tongue of your aunt.

There are a few problems I found in your story:

Summerlander wrote:As a boy, Hang Tuah was already very spiritual and he practice meditation. (Surprise, surprise!) This paid off as he now roams freely as he wishes between the physical realm and the spirit realm. If you want to learn more about this avatar of Pecatuiah, check out Sejarah Melayu, the semi-historical Malay Annals. As an adult, he was very loyal to the sultan. Now, the sultan had a princess who would only marry him if a list of requirements was met. In the list she requested seven jars of virgins' tears and a bowl of the sultan's first born son's blood. Tuah could see that this was difficult and failed his sultan before he died. It is said that he is now making up for this in the afterlife by collecting tears of children worldwide (by frightening them), and occasionally taking blood from the sultan's descendants.

Meditation does not allow you to be detached from your body. The mind and the body are the same, both reigned to the natural materialism that they are; dualism is a pre-scientific notion at best. Even all the astral projection nutcasese believe that you can never be permanently disembodied, because of your close ties to it. Even if you could be disembodied, you wouldn’t be able to exert your will in the physical realm.

Summerlander wrote:It can be argued that Pecatuiah wants children to be loyal and just to their parents just like he was to the sultan. In the Netherlands, the Boogyman is known to sometimes only take children temporarily. Spiritualists have posited that there is a kind of spiritual symbiosis between Pecatuiah and the parents of his victims. It is almost as if in his mind he is doing the parents a favour by frightening the naughty children. Some say, in this respect, that he is not evil but he certainly has a false reputation to maintain. It is the price he pays, or indeed his penance, for having failed Mansur Shah in his past earthly life. If you doubt the veracity of this story, check it out. It's all out there and legit.

This is obvious proof that the boogeyman is an irrational figment constructed by parents to reign in their children. To get them to behave. This “spiritual symbiosis” that you detect is actually you misinterpreting the truth that you intuitively perceived: that parents created the boogeyman.
Similarly is it with the God-construct. Humans created him, and it is easy to trace his nature as portrayed by holy books to the men who thought him up.

Summerlander wrote:It felt very real when I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Everything was clear. I did not ask my mother whether she had made changes of not but she is known to do this a lot and it doesn't matter what time it is. Also, it wasn't the entire house. It was a few things in the bedroom, the corridor and the bathroom. Besides, Pecatuiah, as I mentioned before, is known to frighten and confuse his victims. This sometimes involves optical illusion in the surroundings. It could be his attempt to make the homely environment more unfamiliar so that the victims feel somewhat lost and helpless. It kinda prompts you for what comes next...

And it can't say it wasn't real. You simply weren't there. It felt real and it recurred at daytime, albeit his presence was less conspicuous for some reason. Perhaps he really is a vampire and needs to cover his body with sheets during the day...

As an oneironaut you should not doubt the mind’s terrifying ability to realistically portray the real world with all the clarity and realism the real world has. It doesn’t matter how convinced you are what you experienced was real; everything indicates that it was not.

Summerlander wrote:When he chants "Pecatuiah" he is announcing himself and this hardly requires any translation. "Saco minguaco" is almost similar to Portuguese. Saco = bag; minguaco is similar to minga = shrink. Lele (little boy but also colloquially addresses the penis); cala = shut up, silence. A little telepathy might have been used to clarify exactly what he meant.

Is it not apparent to you that it is extremely convenient for Pecatuiah to have visited you the very night your aunt informed you of his existence? Why had you never experienced his terror prior to your aunt warning you of him? I'm genuinely curious to hear about this.
It is still a major plot-hole you have here, Summerlander, that you are able to recall the exact spelling of every word Pecatuiah said to you that night. The only solution is that you are making it all up.
As for telepathy ... :lol: Come on! You're giving your mystery monster more and more superpowers as you go to shoddily patch up the I'm tearing. First he's a ghost, now he's a vampire, now he's a telepath. This is just all far too convenient, my friend. :)

Summerlander wrote:Kant showed us that the real world is not knowable. Everything we have epistemologically imbibed is built on mental interpretations. Reason itself is based on empirical experience and cannot beget the true model of a mind-independent world. Knowledge has constraints because the mind constitutes features of experience and is limited to its subjective representation of space and time. Thus, the veracity of his transcendental idealism and empirical realism. Knowledge only applies to phenomena (how things are given to us) and do not reveal things-in-themselves. A thing-in-itself can never be known.

"The transcendental idealist, on the contrary, can be an empirical realist, hence, as he is called, a dualist, i.e., he can concede the existence of matter without going beyond mere self-consciousness and assuming something more than the certainty of representations in me, hence the cogito ergo sum. For because he allows this matter and even its inner possibility to be valid only for appearance– which, separated from our sensibility, is nothing –matter for him is only a species of representations (intuition), which are call external, not as if they related to objects that are external in themselves but because they relate perceptions to space, where all things are external to one another, but that space itself is in us."

- Immanuel Kant

Upon this plane of existence, upon the knowable world, we must rely upon what can be obtained within the knowable word. Our world, our reality, is defined solely by our perception. That is the only world that we are wholly certain of, and it is the world that we must live in and act upon. Our suffering and pleasure take place in our reality, so we have to accept certain things to be true in order to improve and be comfortable. Perhaps reality is false … but it is the only reality we know. Look at it this way--all there is in a human being is it’s experience. My experience is all that is truly “real.”

I may be living in a high-complex virtual Petri dish, a programmed computer reality, and my body is in cryostasis in the real world. That doesn’t matter at all. Because what I am experiencing is in this computer simulation--all that is technically real is the computer simulation. I may accept this computer simulation to be false, but I still wouldn’t want a serial killer to abduct me and slowly torture me to death.
And further if I believe all other people in the simulation are capable of experiencing pain and pleasure, then we should by all means employ science and empirical reasoning to make ourselves as ignorantly comfortable in this “world” as possible.
(By the way, “tabula rasa” was actually Locke’s thought.)
Well said.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 22:23

Summerlander wrote:I'm 100% convinced. The evidence is overwhelming. Too many witnesses!

What witnesses? Provide a document or otherwise piece of literature concerning the existence of Pecatuiah.

Summerlander wrote:Did you feel like he was pressing your navel? He might be using different methods of silencing his victims. I do not think that was sleep paralysis at all.

Pressing upon the navel would hardly silence someone. If anything, surely that would give them incentive to scream louder.

If a boogeyman has been terrorizing children through the ages, up until present day, why is there absolutely no talk of him anymore outside of common colloquialism in referring to an irrational, schizophrenic fear? Why has there not been in-depth scientific studies into his existence? Conspiracy theorists and the rest videotaping their beds at night in hopes of capturing him on film? We have them constantly trying to prove aliens and bigfoot exist. Why not this?
Well said.

buildit

Postby buildit » 13 Nov 2014 01:10

Well, I am happy to announce I am no longer worried about the boogie man, I just found out Disco is dead and there will be no more boogie- man. :lol:
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 13 Nov 2014 01:22

Please, buildit. This is serious! (Or at least it apparently is to Summerlander and HAGART lol.)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

buildit

Postby buildit » 13 Nov 2014 03:40

deschainXIX wrote:Please, buildit. This is serious! (Or at least it apparently is to Summerlander and HAGART lol.)

Hagart will get it, he was born to boggie.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Nov 2014 05:48

I did some math today, considering I dream on average 3 hours a night, 365 days a year, for 35 years. It turns out I have been in a dream for 4.375 years. Let's assume that is a very high estimate and I can safely say I have been in a dream for 3 years.

That means that 3 years of my entire existence has been in a dream. So therefore even if the Boogyman is a figment of our imagination and only appears in a dream state, it's certainly a very real part of my life as real as anything else I have experienced. I just changed the definition of 'real' a little, but that debunks Deschain's argument and I have proved that, for all intent and purposes, they are indeed a real part of my life.

I however believe that the Boogyman and Boogymen are more real than that and truly exist beyond my mind. Anything real must abide by the laws of physics just like anything else. They are a cryptid which although haven't been documented scientifically still in fact exist. I know because I saw one once.

It would be interesting to study them. We already know their main diet, and bedrooms are their natural habitat. How do they procreate? If there are Boogymen, are there Boogywomen? Perhaps a Boogybaby as depicted in the movie, "Trainspotting" when he's lying in bed.

There is no need to fear them if we study and understand them. Most scientists would laugh at such an idea, but we need to have innovative thinkers like myself if we are ever to break new ground and make new discoveries.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Off-Topic”