The Boogyman Proved Real

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 13 Nov 2014 13:00

"That means that 3 years of my entire..."
"I however believe that..."

It would be different, HAGART, if you were speaking of a hallucination that haunts your sleeping mind. Instead you speak of a physical, viable being that can be traced through history and still lingers today, terrifying bad children and seeking nutrition from people's food trays. You act in reality as if it were wholly real by putting out urinated food trays. You physically act on this information, and this indicates belief, since belief is defined as something an individual accepts to be true and thusly proceeds to act on said conviction. If you believed a psychopath was standing outside your door, it would provoke a plan of action from you very different from if you believed your mother was standing outside your door (wow ... I just realized I use a hell of a lot of "psychopath" metaphors and illustrations lol).

There are real reasons and ways we can know dreams to be real. Reality is defined by perception, as I said, but we can still perform reality checks and determine our reality by studying our surroundings and "noticing the shifts in gravity and weather." (Inception.)

Plus, you're employing Orwell's "doublethink" here, and that must be avoided at all costs, for it is dangerous as well as misconceived and illogical. You cannot say you believe Pecatuiah to be a figment of your dreaming mind and also a figure in history. :D

"It would be interesting to study..."

Yes, by all means, conduct as many intensive studies as you can. As soon as you get me compelling evidence for the existence of such quasi-physical creatures, I will believe you ^_^

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby HAGART » 14 Nov 2014 00:49

My memory escaped me, and I just remembered now, that I have indeed conducted several scientific experiments in the past. It was a while ago, so my memory is foggy, but as we continue discussing this you may find that certain things you say conveniently jog my memory. Funny how our minds work much like remembering a dream we had halfway through the day when something triggers it.

I laid out three bed pans of soup before sleep, each containing exactly 300mL of liquid. One was a luxuriously, rich Lobster Bisque (with a hint of urine), one was an insipid Vegan Minestrone (with a hint of urine), and the other was a control which I had filled with only urine. While asleep I awoke to the familiar glittering orb, with opalescent lights coruscating along the walls, and heard the same mysterious words whispered in my ear, "Let's Boogy!"

I jumped out of bed and caught a glimpse of the cryptid wearing a white suit with bell bottoms, contorting it's body in a rhythmic manner before ending in a pose with legs apart, hips out, one arm raised and an extended finger. Then it scurried off. I quickly drew a rough sketch, and then I checked the bedpans and poured each into a graduated cylinder to measure the loss of liquid. The urine was still 300 mL, the Lobster Bisque was 250 mL and the vegan Minestrone was only 50 mL.

That proves that The Boogyman is indeed real, and is a vegan. I did more research on the internet armed with my findings and the rough sketch I drew. It turns out there is a tribe in western Americas in the village of Hollywood that is a Mecca for vegans and I found that many have ties to the cult of Scientology. I was surprised to find out that in their ancient scriptures they speak of a being known as "The Travolta". It comes out 6 times a night, and never on a Saturday because apparently it is sick on those nights. The Google images matched my sketch.

I also discovered that the Boogyman has a strange affect on animals. My dog, who sleeps next to me was acting strange the next day. He seemed more content than usual and wouldn't eat, as if the Boogyman had somehow, through special powers I can not even begin to fathom, mysteriously filled his belly with nutrients.

More studies must be done on how these BoogyPeople live, socialize, interact with us, and their mysterious affect on dogs.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 14 Nov 2014 02:16

Very interesting experiment. And I suppose it is semi-plausible albeit for two things:
The reality of your witnessing Pecatuiah is impossible to confirm. It could have been any number of things: false awakening, OOBE, a queer form of sleep paralysis, or maybe your dog slipped some LSD into your dinner when you weren’t looking (always a possibility :D).

We are also relying entirely on your spoken word. I myself could say that I saw a five hundred foot tall fire-breathing spider waltzing down the city streets while driving home today. But would you believe me?

A third important component here:
You let your dog sleep with you every night. (I can appreciate a faithful owner.)

So what I propose is that perhaps my canine brethren ate from the food pans you laid out. That’s what I’d do. I noticed that the urine pan was untouched. And your dog was very content the next day. :)
:lol:
Well said.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby HAGART » 14 Nov 2014 03:09

Evidence that I have carefully gathered doesn't lie. The Boogyman, or one of them, in my case, "The Travolta" showed up, and then the soups were mostly gone! How do you explain that? Evaporation? I laugh at that idea as a scientist and we all know water molecules will not change states from liquid to gas in such a short time. Sorry to say it, but you are wrong!

Boogyman showed up, soups are gone. It's a direct link!

I am still puzzled about my dog's behavior though and how the Boogyman affects him. Now that I recall my memory is coming back......

I once conducted the same experiment and my dog had just had an operation on his leg, nothing major, but he had stitches. I was visited yet again by the mysterious man of Boogy, "The Travolta" is my specific one that has chosen me, and the next morning all soups were the same volume. The Boogyman did not drink from either. But he did slide the bedpans across the floor because each was in a different position after I woke up. There was a strange, viscous, ecto-plasmic goo on the floor leading from the bedpans to the edge of my sleeping dog's cone that he was wearing. I analyzed it and the DNA proved it was canine in origin.

That proves with science, beyond any reasonable doubt, one simple a final conclusion. The Boogyman is part canine in origin.

Further studies must be conducted, but my evidence doesn't lie!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3645
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby Summerlander » 14 Nov 2014 12:51

HAGART wrote:This is obviously a real phenomenon since The Boogyman is reported among all cultures, but simply goes by different names. We all have different names for a tree in different languages, but it's still just as real.


Thank you! Now ain't that logical! 8-)

HAGART wrote:But I did some thinking and there is something I don't understand. How can The Boogyman appear in different bedrooms at the same time across the globe? This can mean one thing and one thing only. There must be many different boogymen. They are all are 'trees' by different names, but even each tree is unique and there are many species.


There may be many supernatural beings out there but the Boogyman is only one. We must remember that trees are still very much physical. The Boogeyman is a metaphysical being that can interact with the physical universe. And since he can manipulate physical things, we are not just talking about the Newtonian level. Pecatuiah has access to things quantum. Remember, physicists accept phenomena like quntum leaps, superpositions, and entanglement in quantum theory because they have no choice. Sounds illogical and counterintuitive, doesn't it? And yet these views must be given weight because they appear to be empirically confirmed. Hence this being can be in several places at once... :ugeek:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 14 Nov 2014 13:02

In modern-day texting language usage, "lol" is used as a conversation lubricant as well as to convey empathy and maybe sometimes even indicate mild amusement. But this time I can safely say that when I write "laugh out loud," I mean it in its truest, most honest form:

Lol, HAGART.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3645
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby Summerlander » 14 Nov 2014 15:07

deschainXIX wrote:
Summerlander wrote:Wow! So much to explain! LOL!

You can experience a dream sequence that is profoundly vivid without being an oneironaut. In fact, your lack of being a lucid practicioner makes it even more likely that you experience some sort of sleep-induced hallucination that you were not aware was false. Every night billions of people have experiences like this, and some of them are even more terrifying and pseudo-realistic. We must come to realize that these things are figments of our own very potent minds.


I guess we should say that everything I remember from my childhood is a figment of my imagination, too, right? What about the Catholic school I went to? Not real? All my memories are not in the slightest reliable despite the fact that my cousin and my sister also experienced the Boogyman according to them... during the day! Were they hallucinating too? Was my sister lying when she said she was tied up by Pecatuiah? Was my cousin "just hearing things" before he helped me escape? Did we have a collective hallucination? You are yet to prove that what I experienced was a dream or hallucination. Where is your evidence? Did you have access to, and record, my cerebral states at the time? Exactly. Presuppositions, presuppositions... :roll:

deschainXIX wrote:We can explain Pecatuiah's appearance coinciding with ancient mythos by realizing that you had already been given the idea of a boogeyman by your aunt. Your aunt planted the seed, and your mind did the rest--filled in the blank with all your strange experiences. A question to consider: Did you later question and discuss with your cousin the experience? Because if not, there is no way we can know she was actually present. She could very well have been a dream character. Evidence invalid.


To this day my family members confirm that that is what happened. My mother even bought incense to no avail. My aunt was privy to information that isn't available to all. My great grandfather, who was Jewish, had access to Kabbalistic secrets about the nature of reality. There is an orphic kind of knowledge which is elusive to scientists and many sceptical, ordinary people. But some people who do know have been given exalted positions in ultra-secret government departments worldwide. This information is deemed to be inaccessible to the mainstream because mankind as a whole is not ready. They don't want ordinary people dabbling in dangerous matters of the occult. So they conceal them. You may be thinking, "Oh no, Summerlander has turned into a conspiracy theorist..." and tell me that there is no evidence. But think about it, deschainXIX, the evidence I have provided only doesn't appear solid or substantial to you, and many like you, because the conspiracy is that good! What did you expect? An advertisement? :D

deschainXIX wrote:You've yet to provide an explanation for there being such a gaping void in the internet concerning the word "Pecatuiah." Absolutely nothing comes up. If he's so well-known to people, why do I get literally no connections? No one has ever referenced the name.


It wouldn't be on the Internet. That is his real name. The proper way to pronounce it: Pe...(pear)...ca...(path)...tui... (cuisine)...ah...(her). But I believe there is a similar variant in Kimbundu, a Bantu language widely spoken in Angola, where my mother is from. :)

deschainXIX wrote:The boogeyman is nothing more than a scheme devised by generations of parents desperate to scare their children into respectful, listening submission. And this is what happened to you. Your aunt planted that idea within you, and a dark plant has grown to tower over your entire life. It's time to wake up.


And all parents worldwide came up with the same idea? Sounds a bit improbable. A meme passed down the generations that everyone agreed to? The idea that a single metaphysical being reveals himself to many is my Occam's razor to you. You need to wake up. Mainstream science and philosophy has brainwashed you. It is a belief system that gets you to think materialistically at all times. Your doctrine is scepticism and this bias compels you to deny the possibility of the Boogyman at all costs.

deschainXIX wrote:"What is ... the most resilient parasite? Bacteria? A virus? An intestinal worm? An idea. Resilient ... highly contagious. Once an idea has taken hold of the brain it's almost impossible to eradicate. An idea that is fully formed--fully understood--that sticks; right in there somewhere."
--Dom Kobb, "Inception"


Yes. Scepticism and materialism has infected your brain. But there arte some contagious ideas that we can be immune to. I am particularly immune to the tenets of Islam. We can still make judgements about what we are exposed to. What I experienced, and many others around me, was enough to convince me. The Boogyman is real. :geek:

deschainXIX wrote:With this argument, are you going to say that Santa Claus is real too? Simply because in other languages there are similar words used to refer to the big man? :D


The legend started somewhere, didn't it? There was indeed a bishop by the name of Nikolaos in the early medieval period of history. It started with something real, you see! But this is a different case. The man died and Santa Claus is mostly folkloric, a concept deliberately coloured for children. The Boogyman is something real. Santa may be used to subtly sway children into submission, fair enough, but there is only the mild threat of not getting any presents. If Christmas is enough to elicit good behaviour in children, why the need of a fake monster that could take them away? The Boogyman is not a parental strategy. It's real.

deschainXIX wrote:Also … where did you get that information about the boogeyman being passed down through your family’s generations? Did your aunt tell you? Because if so, it is unreliable, seeing as it invades upon my previous supposition that all of this is being spun from the tongue of your aunt.


My mother confirmed it and mentioned the secret was passed down the generations while my aunt was telling me about Pecatuiah and what he does. My mother was present at the time, you see. But this means nothing. It does not discredit the story.

deschainXIX wrote:Meditation does not allow you to be detached from your body. The mind and the body are the same, both reigned to the natural materialism that they are; dualism is a pre-scientific notion at best. Even all the astral projection nutcasese believe that you can never be permanently disembodied, because of your close ties to it. Even if you could be disembodied, you wouldn’t be able to exert your will in the physical realm.


I never said it did. But meditation does help one to achieve rare or elusive states of mind. It helped Hang Tuah hone his concentration while he was alive. It made him more attuned to the nature of reality, thus preparing him for the hereafter in terms of spiritual orientation. 8-)

deschainXIX wrote:This is obvious proof that the boogeyman is an irrational figment constructed by parents to reign in their children. To get them to behave. This “spiritual symbiosis” that you detect is actually you misinterpreting the truth that you intuitively perceived: that parents created the boogeyman.
Similarly is it with the God-construct. Humans created him, and it is easy to trace his nature as portrayed by holy books to the men who thought him up.


I'm with you on the God delusion. And in some cases parents may indeed threaten their children with the Boogyman whilst believing this one to have been fabricated. But are you going to tell me that the children whose parents didn't care to use supernatural threats have never experienced the Boogyman firsthand? :|

deschainXIX wrote:Is it not apparent to you that it is extremely convenient for Pecatuiah to have visited you the very night your aunt informed you of his existence? Why had you never experienced his terror prior to your aunt warning you of him? I'm genuinely curious to hear about this.


It may seem extremely convenient, an uncanny coincidence, but that's how it happened. People dream about lottery numbers the night before they actually win. Why have I not experienced the Boogyman prior to being exposed to information about him? Well, why not? Is it such an impossible or improbable set of events? It happens all the time. I'd never heard of Mel Gibson until I watched Lethal Weapon. The next day I saw him in London outside the Empire cinema. It happens. What are you getting at? :mrgreen:

deschainXIX wrote:As for telepathy ... :lol: Come on! You're giving your mystery monster more and more superpowers as you go to shoddily patch up the I'm tearing. First he's a ghost, now he's a vampire, now he's a telepath. This is just all far too convenient, my friend. :)


He bends the fabric of space and time. He can hide between the physical and the metaphysical. He is aware of all the quantum mechanical rules. He can easily access dark matter worlds. Baryonic matter is all we know a little bit about and that only constitutes a small percentage. As for telepathy, or mind-entanglement, check out what Michael Persinger has to say on the matter, my friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6VPpDublg

deschainXIX wrote:Upon this plane of existence, upon the knowable world, we must rely upon what can be obtained within the knowable word. Our world, our reality, is defined solely by our perception. That is the only world that we are wholly certain of, and it is the world that we must live in and act upon. Our suffering and pleasure take place in our reality, so we have to accept certain things to be true in order to improve and be comfortable. Perhaps reality is false … but it is the only reality we know. Look at it this way--all there is in a human being is it’s experience. My experience is all that is truly “real.”


The fact that science is limited to this world is the very reason why our ken will always remain empirically myopic. We need to pay more attention to subjectivity. It will help us to decipher the riddle of consciousness and certain states of mind reveal to us the existence of other dimensions. Even string theory makes this plausible.

deschainXIX wrote:I may be living in a high-complex virtual Petri dish, a programmed computer reality, and my body is in cryostasis in the real world. That doesn’t matter at all. Because what I am experiencing is in this computer simulation--all that is technically real is the computer simulation. I may accept this computer simulation to be false, but I still wouldn’t want a serial killer to abduct me and slowly torture me to death.


Just like you wouldn't want the Boogyman to terrorise you. But at least you admit that the brain in a vat scenario may be the case. Which doesn't stop you from accepting whatever your brain is fed to be real even if it isn't. Do I detect hypocrisy here? Why should I reject the existence of the Boogyman then? :mrgreen:

And then you say:

deschainXIX wrote:And further if I believe all other people in the simulation are capable of experiencing pain and pleasure, then we should by all means employ science and empirical reasoning to make ourselves as ignorantly comfortable in this “world” as possible.


Exactly, it's a belief. In fact, it is known as the theory of mind. You get a strong impression/intuition that solipsism is absurd and therefore false and that other people are sentient like you. You believe other people have minds too because you recognise behavioural features that are similar or identical to yours. But all this perceived information are nothing but mental constructs, representations... You can never be 100% sure! 8-)

Now, I have a theory of Boogyman, so to speak, so why should I reject him? What is the difference between me and you? You see what I'm saying? And wouldn't you want to know about the brain in a vat scenario if that was the case? If a quantum physicist discovered something at the subatomic level which proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we live in a virtual reality --should he conceal his discovery? Shouldn't we seek the truth no matter how uncomfortable it is? And what of the Boogyman? :)

HAGART wrote:That proves that The Boogyman is indeed real, and is a vegan. I did more research on the internet armed with my findings and the rough sketch I drew. It turns out there is a tribe in western Americas in the village of Hollywood that is a Mecca for vegans and I found that many have ties to the cult of Scientology. I was surprised to find out that in their ancient scriptures they speak of a being known as "The Travolta". It comes out 6 times a night, and never on a Saturday because apparently it is sick on those nights. The Google images matched my sketch.

I also discovered that the Boogyman has a strange affect on animals. My dog, who sleeps next to me was acting strange the next day. He seemed more content than usual and wouldn't eat, as if the Boogyman had somehow, through special powers I can not even begin to fathom, mysteriously filled his belly with nutrients.

More studies must be done on how these BoogyPeople live, socialize, interact with us, and their mysterious affect on dogs.


Well, I glad someone is conducting scientific tests on the Boogyman. We need people to take this entity seriously because it is absolutely real. Well done, Hagart. The more evidence we garner the better. :D

Boogyman showed up, soups are gone. It's a direct link!

I am still puzzled about my dog's behavior though and how the Boogyman affects him. Now that I recall my memory is coming back......


Simple and the only logical conclusion! And thank god for your memory. Reliable, isn't it. We need more scientists like you. ;)

deschainXIX wrote:
Summerlander wrote:I'm 100% convinced. The evidence is overwhelming. Too many witnesses!


What witnesses? Provide a document or otherwise piece of literature concerning the existence of Pecatuiah.


So many! Children all over the world, and, sometimes, adults. The majority of adults, however, dismiss Boogyman encounters as nothing but nightmares. Scientists won't even conduct a study for fear of ridicule from their peers. Children certainly won't produce a written account that will be taken at face value. Many believe their experiences were just dreams because their parents tell them so. The unlucky ones who disappeared certainly didn't come back to tell the tale. You see now why the conspirators don't even have to make much effort to conceal the truth. Disinformation and ridicule suffice. :!:

deschainXIX wrote:Pressing upon the navel would hardly silence someone. If anything, surely that would give them incentive to scream louder.


With Pecatuiah anything is possible. It is also possible that he injects some sort of spiritual anaesthetic, or silencing energy, into the navels of his victims. :geek:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 15 Nov 2014 02:34

Summerlander wrote:I guess we should say that everything I remember from my childhood is a figment of my imagination, too, right? What about the Catholic school I went to? Not real?


Yes, none of that is real, Summerlander. Sorry to break it to you. Perhaps I should elaborate, so as to alleviate the outraged objections I’m sure to receive.
Those things are not figments of your imagination; they are figments of your mind. The past is nothing more than an immaterial memory that exists solely in your neural liquids and tissues (an argument could be made that the present is just as immaterial, seeing as it is indeed impossible to live in the present--it takes time for sensory information to be relayed to the brain for decoding and processing). Nothing can be objectively determined solely on the basis of your knowledge of the past. Memory is warped and decayed by the passing of time, and it is based on personal perception, something equally unreliable.

If your memory is so reliable and trustworthy that you would act upon it, I present a question: What did you have for breakfast two weeks and three days ago?

Either way, your memory is not compelling evidence or testimony for the existence of good old Pecatuiah. You could be lying. Or you could be a delusional schizophrenic (I’m drawn toward the latter eventuality :)).

Summerlander wrote:All my memories are not in the slightest reliable despite the fact that my cousin and my sister also experienced the Boogyman according to them... during the day! Were they hallucinating too? Was my sister lying when she said she was tied up by Pecatuiah? Was my cousin "just hearing things" before he helped me escape? Did we have a collective hallucination?


Collective hallucination is not as far-fetched as it sounds. It is plausible and it has certainly happened before, and with malignant implications, as with the present case. Or your siblings could indeed have been lying. Or each of you had separate terrifying experiences derived of childish imagination, fueled by your aunt and mother’s rather cold warnings of Pecatuiah’s visitation.

I would like to share an experience from my own childhood, and know that I tell you this in total honesty of what I remember happening:

I was very young; only tall enough to reach my mother’s waist, probably. One night, during a storm, the power went out. Everything went starkly black. As I was wandering helplessly through the darkness in search of my parents, I found myself standing at the end of the long hallway leading to the bedrooms. As I looked down that dark length with terror in my heart, I suddenly saw a large man wearing a black Civil War-era type cloak walk across the opening at the end of the hallway. I could barely make him out in the darkness, but the moonlight was enough to provide sparse illumination.
The apparition turned his head to look at me and I saw his two eyes sort of gleam-flash white. Then he walked out of sight.
I began to scream uncontrollably. My parents came bearing flashlights from a different direction, and later they affirmed that neither of them had been back at the end of that hallway during the power outage.

What of this, Summerlander?

I also remember my childhood friends and I somehow coming to believe in all sorts of fantastical creatures like giants, falcons, hobgoblins, fairies, and demons. We would rustle up our little posse and go on nightly fairy-hunts on my father’s estate. The accepting imagination of children is limitless.

Now, I’ve given you the benefit of the doubt that you are not lying in your testimony (which is totally possible).

But the point is that there are many, many possibilities that could explain what happened to you and your family in your childhood. Any number of them could be the correct one. It is impossible to verify, and I am not going to base my belief upon your personal opinion.

Summerlander wrote:You are yet to prove that what I experienced was a dream or hallucination. Where is your evidence? Did you have access to, and record, my cerebral states at the time? Exactly. Presuppositions, presuppositions...


Did you yourself have access to, or record, your own cerebral states at the time? No. The point is not that you were hallucinating. The point is that you could have been hallucinating.
As for me providing evidence, the onus lies upon the believer to prove his belief. I’ve seen you write this sentiment before, so I know you’re aware of the concept. I myself can make any number of radical claims about reality, but they're all null and void until I can provide evidence and sound inductive/deductive reasoning based on that evidence.

Summerlander wrote:To this day my family members confirm that that is what happened. My mother even bought incense to no avail. My aunt was privy to information that isn't available to all. My great grandfather, who was Jewish, had access to Kabbalistic secrets about the nature of reality. There is an orphic kind of knowledge which is elusive to scientists and many sceptical, ordinary people.


No. There isn't. There is only traditional delusion. See my above arguments.

Summerlander wrote:ut some people who do know have been given exalted positions in ultra-secret government departments worldwide. This information is deemed to be inaccessible to the mainstream because mankind as a whole is not ready. They don't want ordinary people dabbling in dangerous matters of the occult. So they conceal them. You may be thinking, "Oh no, Summerlander has turned into a conspiracy theorist..." and tell me that there is no evidence. But think about it, deschainXIX, the evidence I have provided only doesn't appear solid or substantial to you, and many like you, because the conspiracy is that good! What did you expect? An advertisement?


“Mankind as a whole is not ready”? What does that mean? Why would they not be ready? This is total and utter bullshit, if I may be frank. :lol: If the matters of the occult are so dangerous, why don’t they try to spread as much consciousness and knowledge among the public, rather than handing that power to a few obscure members of government?

Summerlander wrote:It wouldn't be on the Internet. That is his real name. The proper way to pronounce it: Pe...(pear)...ca...(path)...tui... (cuisine)...ah...(her). But I believe there is a similar variant in Kimbundu, a Bantu language widely spoken in Angola, where my mother is from.


Fascinating. Oh, Summerlander … you’ve marched yourself to your own downfall. :D
So, the syllables of Pecatuiah’s name and language are wholly different from the syllabic pronunciations of the English language? How do you know how to spell everything Pecatuiah said to you that first night he visited you?
You’ve yet to explain that, by the way. How do you remember every little thing he said? Years later?

Summerlander wrote:And all parents worldwide came up with the same idea? Sounds a bit improbable. A meme passed down the generations that everyone agreed to? The idea that a single metaphysical being reveals himself to many is my Occam's razor to you. You need to wake up. Mainstream science and philosophy has brainwashed you. It is a belief system that gets you to think materialistically at all times. Your doctrine is scepticism and this bias compels you to deny the possibility of the Boogyman at all costs.


Science and philosophy are not belief systems. They are not doctrines or biases either. Neither do they “get you to think materialistically at all times.” Materialism is what years of thinking and observation have left us with. Were there any evidence for something extraneous to the physical realm, scientists would investigate it just as seriously as they would a discovery about extraterrestrial life. There simply is no room for anything more to the physical world; that is why science suggests nothing more than physicalism.

Even if something existed on a metaphysical plane, we would see evidence for it if it had influence on the physical world (as in the instance of your boogeyman).

Suppose you and I are in a room together. Everything inside the room is what exists. Everything outside the room is nonexistence. You are sleeping. I take a gun and shoot myself through the head. The gun discharges, the bullet travels through my skull, through the wall in the room, and there it ceases to exist.
You are going to wake up to the scene of my death. The instrument that killed me (the bullet) does not exist, and there is no reason to think it does exist, but there is also the smoking gun in my hand, my dead body with its bifurcated skull, and the hole in the wall where the bullet exited existence.

Anything that has a hand to play in the physical realm will have an abundance of evidence to back it’s existence. A materialistic imprint, or wake, if you will.

Summerlander wrote:Yes. Scepticism and materialism has infected your brain. But there arte some contagious ideas that we can be immune to. I am particularly immune to the tenets of Islam. We can still make judgements about what we are exposed to. What I experienced, and many others around me, was enough to convince me. The Boogyman is real.


Actually we should try to be equally immune to all contagious ideas. Immune as possible, at least. We should think for ourselves and never consider anything with preconceived notions and limits in mind. IE--”the boogeyman is real.” A statement such as this has enormous presumptions and implications that are unfounded.

Summerlander wrote:The legend started somewhere, didn't it? There was indeed a bishop by the name of Nikolaos in the early medieval period of history. It started with something real, you see! But this is a different case. The man died and Santa Claus is mostly folkloric, a concept deliberately coloured for children. The Boogyman is something real. Santa may be used to subtly sway children into submission, fair enough, but there is only the mild threat of not getting any presents. If Christmas is enough to elicit good behaviour in children, why the need of a fake monster that could take them away? The Boogyman is not a parental strategy. It's real.


There are such things as both positive reinforcement and negative reinforcement, Summerlander. There needn’t only exist one. It’s also not as if there exists some international consciousness that thinks to itself, “Well, we only need one fairytale to deceive our children. Why think up another?” Things happen, and they’re pointless.

Summerlander wrote:My mother confirmed it and mentioned the secret was passed down the generations while my aunt was telling me about Pecatuiah and what he does. My mother was present at the time, you see. But this means nothing. It does not discredit the story.


Nor does it credit it in the slightest. Evidence invalid.

Summerlander wrote:It may seem extremely convenient, an uncanny coincidence, but that's how it happened. People dream about lottery numbers the night before they actually win. Why have I not experienced the Boogyman prior to being exposed to information about him? Well, why not? Is it such an impossible or improbable set of events? It happens all the time. I'd never heard of Mel Gibson until I watched Lethal Weapon. The next day I saw him in London outside the Empire cinema. It happens. What are you getting at?


What I am getting at is that the chances suggest your experience was nothing more than a hypnagogic illusion.

Summerlander wrote:He bends the fabric of space and time. He can hide between the physical and the metaphysical. He is aware of all the quantum mechanical rules. He can easily access dark matter worlds. Baryonic matter is all we know a little bit about and that only constitutes a small percentage. As for telepathy, or mind-entanglement, check out what Michael Persinger has to say on the matter, my friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6VPpDublg


Pseudoscience, blatant pseudoscience. Come now, we have standards. I could easily make up any number of magical creatures with such superpowers strategically designed to make them unprovable.

Summerlander wrote:Exactly, it's a belief. In fact, it is known as the theory of mind. You get a strong impression/intuition that solipsism is absurd and therefore false and that other people are sentient like you. You believe other people have minds too because you recognise behavioural features that are similar or identical to yours. But all this perceived information are nothing but mental constructs, representations... You can never be 100% sure!


It’s inherent, instinctual nature. Theory of mind naturally arises in a young child at a certain age, just as puberty does. By this fact we can know that each of us are equally sentient, conscious, and real. I’m a nihilist; I have not yet encountered a circumstance in which I can see construct. There is no such thing as morality or meaning, other than what our nature suggests. It’s a bad truth, but it’s the truth.

Summerlander wrote:Now, I have a theory of Boogyman, so to speak, so why should I reject him? What is the difference between me and you? You see what I'm saying? And wouldn't you want to know about the brain in a vat scenario if that was the case? If a quantum physicist discovered something at the subatomic level which proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we live in a virtual reality --should he conceal his discovery? Shouldn't we seek the truth no matter how uncomfortable it is? And what of the Boogyman?


You misunderstand me. I don’t think we should be ignorant about the dimensions and circumstances of our reality--that is why I am willing to face the fact that reality is nothing.

Okay, say I am the president or leader of this community of virtual reality people. I would of course want to commission all scientific prowess on unlocking the secrets and nature of our reality. If I knew that we were living in a computer simulation, I would of course share this knowledge with the public people. But I would also philosophize with them, pointing out all of the various things I’ve said here: that our experience is what is important, not our reality, and that we must act here like we are in the real world. I would want people to take their reality seriously (which they would, of course, because they would have no other option).

However, I would never make any objective claims about the nature of reality. I would never say, “This world is real,” like you are saying, “The boogeyman is real.” Instead, I would say, “This world is not real, but our experience within this virtual reality is real, and we must treat it so.” Especially if there was no chance of escaping the virtual reality. If there was any chance of learning more about the nature of the false reality and the outside world, I would commission my top scientists on the problem immediately. I want lucidity, but I also value humanity.

Summerlander wrote:Well, I glad someone is conducting scientific tests on the Boogyman. We need people to take this entity seriously because it is absolutely real. Well done, Hagart. The more evidence we garner the better.


Yes. Evidence. I call for evidence. Give me some, and we will talk. :)

Summerlander wrote:Simple and the only logical conclusion! And thank god for your memory. Reliable, isn't it. We need more scientists like you.


(Lol nice buildit satire.)

Summerlander wrote:So many! Children all over the world, and, sometimes, adults. The majority of adults, however, dismiss Boogyman encounters as nothing but nightmares. Scientists won't even conduct a study for fear of ridicule from their peers. Children certainly won't produce a written account that will be taken at face value. Many believe their experiences were just dreams because their parents tell them so. The unlucky ones who disappeared certainly didn't come back to tell the tale. You see now why the conspirators don't even have to make much effort to conceal the truth. Disinformation and ridicule suffice.


You failed to answer my question. Provide tangible proof. Some paper written somewhere. A testimony, a police report. Something. Anything.

Summerlander wrote:With Pecatuiah anything is possible. It is also possible that he injects some sort of spiritual anaesthetic, or silencing energy, into the navels of his victims.


“With Pecatuiah anything is possible.”

Case in point. :D
Well said.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3645
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby Summerlander » 17 Nov 2014 15:04

The reason why I clearly remember what Pecatuiah said is simple: traumatic experiences have an impact on one's memory. Hence why we sometimes say that we remember certain things that happened years ago like it was yesterday. There is no significant or critical time discrimination between short-term and long-term memory in the brain that determines how strong a mneumonic perception will be. But impact will guarantee clarity and sometimes accuracy. By the looks of it, you were also visited by the Boogyman. Sometimes he appears to children as a warning to not step out of line. His attire is quite telling in congruity with Pecatuiah's fashion sense. What you saw was definitely not a figment of your imagination although I understand your inclination to believe that it was when you look back through the glasses of physicalism.

I shall be back with some evidence to present for all to see. Watch me. B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 17 Nov 2014 20:03

Actually I would argue that an experience being traumatic and impactful would make it exponentially more likely that the memory is flawed or totally false. Most children don't even remember traumatic experiences; their minds block them out completely as a defense mechanism.
But whatever...
:D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest