New technique: OLD

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Derpybunneh

New technique: OLD

Postby Derpybunneh » 22 Oct 2014 21:12

I don't really need to have a trigger or reality check to become lucid. It seems like I can just become lucid, without doing anything.

Does this happen to anybody else?

I dub this technique, OLD (occur-lucid-dream).
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Peter

Re: New technique: OLD

Postby Peter » 23 Oct 2014 07:13

Anytime and 2 ld's ??
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

StormSharkX

Postby StormSharkX » 16 Nov 2014 17:59

I too have entered Lucid dreaming many times without even trying, this was the reason I started researching the dreams I was having, because I was Lucid Dreaming even before I knew the term "Lucid Dreams", I knew I was often able to become aware of the fact that I was in a dream and consequently be able to make my own alterations to such dreams before I even released this ability was even given a name.

I even developed my own techniques to allow me to enter lucid dreams more frequently, gain more control and make them last longer before researching the ability, still use these techniques to date, after researching and trying some new techniques, I find for me personally the techniques I created myself work better than any others I have tried, at least for me they do since I believe that different techniques may work better for different people and some that I may have little success with may well work well for others.

Reality checks is something that I learned about after developing my techniques so they are not part of my personal techniques, I have practiced then since, but don't really need them, I often just know when I am dreaming so don't bother with them, in fact I recall once trying the "time" reality check after reading about it somewhere, I read that if you look at a clock in a dream the time never makes any sense and you will get some type of random feedback, this check failed me I checked a clock after asking a dream character to look at there watch and what I saw was a realistic time in digital format, I can recall thinking to myself "what the hell that was not suppose to happen this is a dream I should not be able to see a real time" but I did and then just thought to myself "never mind I know this is a dream anyway" and even though the reality check failed I was still able to continue the lucid dream knowing I was dreaming.

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 18 Nov 2014 00:52

StormSharkX wrote:I too have entered Lucid dreaming many times without even trying, this was the reason I started researching the dreams I was having, because I was Lucid Dreaming even before I knew the term "Lucid Dreams", I knew I was often able to become aware of the fact that I was in a dream and consequently be able to make my own alterations to such dreams before I even released this ability was even given a name.

I even developed my own techniques to allow me to enter lucid dreams more frequently, gain more control and make them last longer before researching the ability, still use these techniques to date, after researching and trying some new techniques, I find for me personally the techniques I created myself work better than any others I have tried, at least for me they do since I believe that different techniques may work better for different people and some that I may have little success with may well work well for others.

Reality checks is something that I learned about after developing my techniques so they are not part of my personal techniques, I have practiced then since, but don't really need them, I often just know when I am dreaming so don't bother with them, in fact I recall once trying the "time" reality check after reading about it somewhere, I read that if you look at a clock in a dream the time never makes any sense and you will get some type of random feedback, this check failed me I checked a clock after asking a dream character to look at there watch and what I saw was a realistic time in digital format, I can recall thinking to myself "what the hell that was not suppose to happen this is a dream I should not be able to see a real time" but I did and then just thought to myself "never mind I know this is a dream anyway" and even though the reality check failed I was still able to continue the lucid dream knowing I was dreaming.

Yeah. Personal techniques I'd assume work better because it is, personal.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

R99

Postby R99 » 27 Nov 2014 16:00

StormSharkX wrote:I too have entered Lucid dreaming many times without even trying, this was the reason I started researching the dreams I was having, because I was Lucid Dreaming even before I knew the term "Lucid Dreams", I knew I was often able to become aware of the fact that I was in a dream and consequently be able to make my own alterations to such dreams before I even released this ability was even given a name.

Could u plz explain ur technique?. am curious to know.....
I see the Truth now.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”