Quick Question about Dream Recall

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
drslimey

Quick Question about Dream Recall

Postby drslimey » 18 Nov 2014 16:32

Hi everyone!

I've just started reading about lucid dreaming and i'm very interested. I've had about 2 or 3 lucid dreams just by chance. I'm trying to keep a dream journal and plan to write in it every morning, but I have this problem where when I wake up I simply can't be bothered to write in it. I don't know if this is because of some half dream state I'm in at the time or what - I always go back to sleep and wake up later and don't remember any dreams, but I know at the time I did remember them and I kick myself every time for not writing them down.

Are there any tips to help commit myself to writing in my dream journal.

Thanks!

Inedible

Re: Quick Question about Dream Recall

Postby Inedible » 18 Nov 2014 17:22

Two things. Get more sleep so that your dreams are lighter and for that reason you are closer to your normal state of consciousness. The other thing is, spend more time creating interest in recalling dreams while you are doing your routine daily activities so you can set your intent to write down dreams then. Ask yourself questions about your dreams and the kinds of dreams you tend to have normally. Ask yourself what things tend to happen that are unusual that you can use for reality tests. Ask what you would like to do differently in your dreams if you were lucid in them. It has to be playful, so that you generate positive emotions and link them to the idea of writing your dreams down.

erichsa

Re: Quick Question about Dream Recall

Postby erichsa » 18 Nov 2014 18:11

I use a cheap voice recorder record the dream when I wake up, and write the dreams a want to in to my dream journal during the day. It works for me. :)

Return to “For Beginners”