Where are our Dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Snaggle

Re: Where are our Dreams?

Postby Snaggle » 10 Feb 2012 13:06

Summerland On Loki, he became the blood brother of Odinn which allowed him into Asgard. Your other point is reasonable, except when one does not know what they believed one should not make up "beliefs" for them.

Peter Robert Monroe's cult/group believes that consciousness does not resided in the head or the body for that matter. It's interesting that a group about OBE believes that OBE don't exist because one's consciousness is never in the body and therefore never leaves it.

Jet199 cool, though I'm biased as an Yngling and therefore a descendant of: Othinn; Njord; Freyr and Tyr ;) Not to mention that Beowulf and Sigurd Fafnirbane are also Ynglings :D
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Feb 2012 15:41

Snaggle wrote:Summerland On Loki, he became the blood brother of Odinn which allowed him into Asgard. Your other point is reasonable, except when one does not know what they believed one should not make up "beliefs" for them.

I'm sorry, you were saying...? :cry:

Ahem...sorry, but, the fact of the matter is that you were proved to be wrong on a minor issue and I can't take you at face value any more.

Should I use the Aztecs' interpretation of the eclipse as a more suitable analogy next time? :mrgreen:

Snaggle wrote:Peter Robert Monroe's cult/group believes that consciousness does not resided in the head or the body for that matter. It's interesting that a group about OBE believes that OBE don't exist because one's consciousness is never in the body and therefore never leaves it.

Yes, it is interesting, isn't it? not to mention that the term "OOBE" describes the experience exactly how it feels and does not claim that it really happens with 100% certainty. After all: "Out-of-Body EXPERIENCE". It is still a pragmatic term. :o

Semantics...how wonderful!

Snaggle wrote: Jet199 cool, though I'm biased as an Yngling and therefore a descendant of: Othinn; Njord; Freyr and Tyr ;) Not to mention that Beowulf and Sigurd Fafnirbane are also Ynglings :D

Dear mother of Thor! :?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Feb 2012 19:20

Snaggle wrote:Peter Robert Monroe's cult/group believes that consciousness does not resided in the head or the body for that matter. It's interesting that a group about OBE believes that OBE don't exist because one's consciousness is never in the body and therefore never leaves it.

I'm curious as to why you use the derogatory term "cult" in reference to Robert Monroe?
The word "cult" has such a negative connotation to it... I can only assume that you use in an attacking manner? Please correct me if I'm mistaken. :)

Yes, there are individuals who believe that consciousness doesn't reside "in" these physical bodies, only focused "towards" them. This would actually make the term "Out of body experience" incorrect, as you are never actually in your body to go out of it. The experience of "leaving" ones body is simply a matter of perspective.

Monroe came to this conclusion when he discovered his "Phasing" method of projecting (It's in Ultimate Journeys). With it, he learned to phase his consciousness directly into the non-physical retaining his awareness during the shift. Which is, in essence what people refer to as a WILD. It's a smooth shift of consciousness into the non-physical without any break in awareness.

I find that an important skill to learn/have while reading the different experiences people have is identifying the metaphors they use to explain/describe their experiences and being able to line them up with the metaphors you use. This doesn't exactly get rid of the confusion of language and interpretation, but it doesn't help a bit in conversing with other people when you can use their language to explain your experiences. :)

Summerlander wrote:
Snaggle wrote:Summerland On Loki, he became the blood brother of Odinn which allowed him into Asgard. Your other point is reasonable, except when one does not know what they believed one should not make up "beliefs" for them.

I'm sorry, you were saying...? :cry:

Ahem...sorry, but, the fact of the matter is that you were proved to be wrong on a minor issue and I can't take you at face value any more.

Being wrong about one minor thing doesn't invalidate his existence.
You of all people should realize this Summerlander.

You're a known troll who has been banned on multiple forums... yet I still believe you hold value in some of what you say.
For more information, please visit my website
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/
Or join my forums!
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/forums/

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Feb 2012 20:57

Multiple...no. From your site and by you. Yes. Because you couldn't stand me. Also, from tom Campbell's cult site because I threatened to expose them. It's a little oxymoronic of you to ban me and yet believe that I am still of some value.

the sites that I frequent that appreciate my posts and wouldn't dream of banning me are run by people who have actually grown up. The rest haven't gone past the counting with the fingers stage. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Feb 2012 21:52

Summerlander wrote:Multiple...no. From your site and by you. Yes. Because you couldn't stand me. Also, from tom Campbell's cult site because I threatened to expose them. It's a little oxymoronic of you to ban me and yet believe that I am still of some value.

the sites that I frequent that appreciate my posts and wouldn't dream of banning me are run by people who have actually grown up. The rest haven't gone past the counting with the fingers stage. ;)

I believe my point is made rather succinctly.

There are a lot of things you don't understand, my friend. The simple fact that I can still call you "my friend", for instance. One day you'll realize it... for now, I just sit, wait and hope. :)
Or join my forums!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Feb 2012 22:33

Ryan, I have reported your abusive posts and PM to Rebecca. You don't have to continue with your falsity and pretend to be my friend (it is rather arrogant of you). You have no friends as even in the Astral Pulse staff (which is why you came to me for advice about the Stookie incident). Please don't bring other matters to this thread as you are violating the rules and don't PM me any longer. You are like a stalker.

- Padmasambhava

Ryan

Postby Ryan » 10 Feb 2012 22:52

If you feel they're abusive, please do so. As I mentioned to you, that's 100% your right.
I'm sorry you feel that way though. I do still consider you a friend, regardless. :(

Anyway, I love the direction this thread is going... I'll definitely be checking up on it. Keep up the good work everyone. :)
Or join my forums!

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Feb 2012 22:57

Ryan, you know very well they are abusive. If you are okay with someone calling you names and still think they are your friends then perhaps you need to have your head checked. Tom's tomfoolery has clearly got to your head. Your behaviour here is unacceptable and I only feel that you are in need to be taught some manners.

- Padmasambhava

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Feb 2012 01:30

Summerlander wrote:If you ask me, there is more of a chance of thoughts and dreams having their roots in quantum mechanics (would explain why dreams defy human logic) than anything else.

I think conscousness is made of light energy and if so, could experience reality at the quantum level. I find it fascinating to to see the high speed changes that occur in dreams and wonder from where this comes. The closer you look at things in dreams, the faster it seems to move. But waking reality is the same, if you look at things closely (IE. at the quantum level) things are also moving rapidly, nothing in the quantum world appears to be stationary as it does in the physical world that we experience. The more I think about it and learn, the less I believe that we are really experiencing true reality. I think that our waking world is a slowed down otherwise it would be changing so rapidly, we couldn't deal with it. For example, we take for granted that when we put something somewhere, it's there until we move it. This is not so in the quantum world. You never know exactly where anything is.

I agree with those who believe that our consciousness exists outside our body and therefore we are always out-of-body, just more aware of the separation at times as in Lds, and OBEs. As far as astral travelling goes, maybe it's possible, but can't say I've done it. To me, what matters the most though is what you bring back to the waking, phsyical world where we spend the most time. Life is a school and it's all about learning and experiencing.

If you disagree with any of this, please refrain from the kind of attacks I'm seeing here. We should all be trying to learn and no one here is an expert. Thanks.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Feb 2012 09:18

a couple of issues - first of the "attacks" they are not so bad and not much past banter and open in the fact that they are here so I am not to concerned about them.

Now back to where we were. Its an interesting thread and one with no answer as we all tack our experiances onto our beliefs abd thats how our mind works. My experience creates in my mind the belief that all of what I do is in my mind. The fact? that we hear in our mind - not outside of it, we see in our mind -not outside of it leads me to believe that dreaming is the same thing. Just like the hearing and seeing the imput that our senses use to create this illusion we call reality comes from OUTSIDE our mind, but as far as dreaming goes I just dont know about the imput that we use. If its recalled from past in some way then maybe its all in our mind and everything is a product of past experience and all is fantasy. If not then that is very interesting as to what parts are externial input and what isnt.

As far as Monroe goes, I have read his works and feel they were very brave for his time and of course there will be following that is blinded by belief and twisted a little as that is what we do. All I think is that he is a master of the technique of entering a dream state via a wild and to do this easily gives a great base for consistant exploration and that will lead to understanding.

Phew - got all that out :D
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”