A Powerful message to all Lucid Dreamers.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamstudent

A Powerful message to all Lucid Dreamers.

Postby dreamstudent » 21 Nov 2014 06:51

"If you can dream it, you can do it" -

This is a quote many have heard and it is 100% true for a select few of us, those few are lucid dreamers, because we can consciously dream thus for we really can do it. We HAVE DONE "IT" and we CAN DO "IT" again and again. If everyone was conscious enough in life to Lucid Dream: then some of the greatest scientists in the world could of taken the easy way out solving advanced algorithms in an induced lucid dream where they could physically see an algorithm in actual motion or perhaps project the problem on a 1000 ft. wide 1000 ft. high board and create an advanced calculator that doesn't exist to help them and come up with the answer! Or another example maybe developing an airplane or a car from the ground up and physically touching and feeling the texture and designs you have imagined! These are things that WE, Lucid Dreamers can do, that no-one else can so please hear me out, and think beyond the limitations of todays society..

There is so much violence in the human race, must we drag that into our dreams? The dream world gives infinite possibilities and after careful consideration and investigating I noticed a very sad and yet troubling problem among the Lucid Dreamers among us. It seems as though a vast majority of the posts on this forum involving either 'Killing LD's or 'LD Powers' etc. etc. are either indirectly and directly associated with violence. We Lucid Dreamers, WE, have a special gift guys and girls (Nesgirl). Can we not use "this special gift" if you will (I am not saying Lucid Dreaming is a gift from a Creator or anything, just a general statement to empower you to understand the rarity of people WHO CAN LUCID DREAM), to better understand this life and the concepts that are all around us? Perhaps, trying a power that isn't destructive and maybe even oh I don't know, ORIGINAL OR CREATIVE? For example: I myself am going to try in a Lucid Dream where I project a screen in front of me (much like a holographic T.V. monitor that will follow my face where I go and I can look at it to see what's on the screen) and put down all my ideas of what I want to do in my Lucid Dreams, BECAUSE I KNOW EVERY SINGLE CONSISTENT-LUCID-DREAMER ON THIS FORUM OR IN GENERAL HAS A LIST INSIDE THERE MIND OR WRITTEN DOWN OF THINGS THEY WOULD LIKE TO TRY, DO, OR EXPERIMENT WITH IN THERE LUCID DREAMS. Do you see how beneficial an idea like a screen that tells you your list of things you want to do INSIDE the dream can be? VERY VERY VERY BENEIFICIAL, if we put some effort into a list of very beneficial powers that could create things or design things RATHER THAN DESTROY, COULD WE NOT TEST THE LIMITS AND BOUNDARIES OF LUCID DREAMING? COULD WE NOT BRING OUR CREATIONS OR THOUGHTS FROM THE DREAM WORLD INTO THE REAL WORLD? LET US TEST THE BOUNDARIES AND STRETCH THE LIMITS OF LUCID DREAMING, LETS GO BEYOND THE LIMITS OF WHAT WE KNOW AND GO INTO THE UNKNOWN, TOGETHER... TOGETHER.

I am open to constructive criticism and your opinions as I value any and all Lucid Dreamers ideas, thanks everyone.

Please feel free to share your ideas on Constructive Super Powers:

R99

Re: A Powerful message to all Lucid Dreamers.

Postby R99 » 22 Nov 2014 16:19

I here u dreamstudent. i have the same way of thinking. nice to know some people r thinking this way. Trying out of ordinary will always bring out unimaginable results. i am doing it right now . (in m way ofcoz.) i dont like killing any DCs in my dream. i always end up helping DC's instead. to me DC r the mental projections of ourself and rarely sub conscious mind that can produce intelligent DC, i encountered 2 of them till now. and they could trick u anyway they like. I always believed an inner observer who have all the answers we want. who can teach anything in this world and out of this world. we just need to tune in to him or it or whatever "IT" is. and i am trying it to achieve. Not all the humans knows about this amazing world living inside them. and we r that selected few who have the key to this world.

Gud to know u share the same passion like me.i am with u buddy. Gud luck to our limitless adventure... :)
I see the Truth now.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 23 Nov 2014 08:36

It is quite encouraging to hear you say that DC's are a connection to our inner unconscious and can potentially have limitless answers, I think its more of a question of are we ready to get the answers we are looking for rather than if we can, because we all know how easy it is to spawn a dream character or talk to a dream character when lucid. But thanks R99 very encouraging.

StormSharkX

Postby StormSharkX » 15 Dec 2014 22:15

The problem with using lucid dreams to solve huge real world problems is that the answer in the dream could be complete non-sense in reality, also LD's are to fragile I often find it hard if not impossible to alter or control the surrounding world but instead you often find you can only control your own actions within the world, there is techniques you can use to try and create a lucid world of your choice but I find when using them this only lays the guide lines and the dream often takes its own pattern with which I can interact but not alter completely enough to set the exact tools to to something like say design a structure.

Also the dream can all to often be short and fragile, easy to wake up from and easy to forget many key factors leaving you with parcel memories and images.

R99

Postby R99 » 16 Dec 2014 09:21

StormSharkX wrote:The problem with using lucid dreams to solve huge real world problems is that the answer in the dream could be complete non-sense in reality, also LD's are to fragile I often find it hard if not impossible to alter or control the surrounding world but instead you often find you can only control your own actions within the world, there is techniques you can use to try and create a lucid world of your choice but I find when using them this only lays the guide lines and the dream often takes its own pattern with which I can interact but not alter completely enough to set the exact tools to to something like say design a structure.

Also the dream can all to often be short and fragile, easy to wake up from and easy to forget many key factors leaving you with parcel memories and images.

I think u need to do more research b4 posting ur comment. From ur post i think u r at the beginning stage. if u take dream as silly, you r not going to get any benefit from it.
I see the Truth now.

StormSharkX

Postby StormSharkX » 16 Dec 2014 21:34

R99 wrote:
StormSharkX wrote:The problem with using lucid dreams to solve huge real world problems is that the answer in the dream could be complete non-sense in reality, also LD's are to fragile I often find it hard if not impossible to alter or control the surrounding world but instead you often find you can only control your own actions within the world, there is techniques you can use to try and create a lucid world of your choice but I find when using them this only lays the guide lines and the dream often takes its own pattern with which I can interact but not alter completely enough to set the exact tools to to something like say design a structure.

I think u need to do more research b4 posting ur comment. From ur post i think u r at the beginning stage. if u take dream as silly, you r not going to get any benefit from it.

Am not talking from research I am talking from experience, I lucid dream often and with no effort, I was lucid dreaming regularly before I even new the term lucid dream, I only discovered to subject when doing some basic research to find out more about the dreams I was having, by which time I had already developed techniques of my own different from anything I have since read up on that work better from me than anything else I have tried since and still work to date, I have described a couple of my own techniques on here and have had feedback of great success rates from others using my techniques, am not saying my techniques are better since I strongly believe different techniques will work better for different people so would advise to anyone to try a range of different techniques to find ones that work best for yourself, but my own techniques work better for me.

The facts are I am 36 years old, have been regularly lucid dreaming since my teens have only really research the subject for the last year or some, but for all that time I have lived it and treated my dreams as my own personal playground, well its been more of a playground for the last 5 to 10 years since I mastered my dreams and learned though my own teaching to avoid the nightmares, but before then it had its ups and downs, when I was younger I was scared to fall asleep in fear of nightmares my dreams where often so vivid that some nightmares almost scared me for life, but you are right about the lack of research at least since this is something that I always faced and conquered alone never seeking any help or researching on till after I had already overcome some sleep problems I used to experience.

To express the level of problems I was having sleeping from my early teens to my mid 20's, I used to think I was haunted, I know now I was suffering sleep paralysis, I used to often dream vividly that I was lying in my own bed awake unable to move and sometimes have the room full on dream characters that I believed at the time where ghosts, often they would sit on the end of my bed lean over me while I was unable to move frozen stiff while I would be screaming out inside and often woke up screaming, I was scared to turn my light off at night well into my mid 20's because I believed I was been haunted, never told anyone ether or seeked help in anyway for fear of sounding insane, I often still sleep with the light on still these days not because I live in fear of the dark anymore but because I am so used to sleeping with it on sometimes it helps me sleep.

On the flip side to this I have experienced paradise my dreams, experienced places of such beauty that its not easy to describe as a visual form, because it is more than just a vision it is more like an experience or feeling, the best I can describe it is as a open field of natures making but somehow different to what you would find in reality, there are others there but its not like some boyhood sexual fantasy, there is no control over anyone or anything, everyone and everything is free almost the the place its self has its own spirit that gives an unimaginable amount of comfort to everything around, even with the lucid reality knowledge that I was only dreaming taking any type of action, becoming an adventurer to explore in paradise became pointless, almost like there where no obstacles to overcome noting worth altering making it so that the greatest appeal was just to remain as was and enjoy the experience for as long is it could last while doing nothing.

So in a nut shell my research maybe limited but my experience is vast, and one thing I know for certain at least from my own experience is that places are impossible to create, at least entirely I can guide some effects on the environment but not rebuild entirely, I can explore in some dreams change my surrounding, even wake myself up if I don't like the setting I am given, this been my greatest and only defense against nightmares, but Lucid Dreaming from my own experience involves a mix of the realization that you are dreaming and the ability to control your own actions within the dream, trying to rebuild the environment comes with such a low success rate it almost always results in accidentally waking yourself up, I have had some success adding something to the environment such as new dream characters for example, I can even exit a footpath away from the woods or walk into a new room which will change the environment, but even then the next environment been the new room or where the next path leads to is beyond my own creating and just the next random place given by the dream, so I guess you could say it is possible to create a new environment but there are always going to be new random aspects involved, you can't just build an environment to a specific specification, and yes I have tried and like I say the end result is near always you end up waking yourself up and its a LD wasted.

On another subject that may or may not be of relevance, is that I was diagnosed at school with having Asperger's Syndrome, its a rare type or Autism, if this has something to do with why I dream like I do or not I have no idea but I often suspect that it might based purely on the assumption that this condition is rare and my dreams are very different to most, am just saying because this is a possibility that maybe reasonable for giving me a lifetime full of both vivid and lucid dreams.

R99

Postby R99 » 17 Dec 2014 05:51

Sorry, if i sounded wrong. No disrespect. And to the matter at hand, I meant by research is about reading and learning stuff about dreaming. So far you are good at dreaming. Did u ever read any books about lucid dreaming. To know more about Lucid dreaming , its a good start. And also this site contains lots of info too.... use it.

Dreams dont make sense at first. its bcoz we are not the creators, subconscious is. We are just adding thoughts in to it, and it starts to create it self. Ofcoz u can always create your own creations to the dream, But the major part is from subconscious. Subconscious tend to only symbolizes, dreamer need to explore more to know about it. Did you ever read "Lucid Dreaming, Gate Way to Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner?. Read it. its a very good book for Lucid dreamers. You will be amazed by the power of subconscious. I see you used to suffered by Sleep Paralysis. Sleep paralysis is a great way to induce LD, only if u know how to control it. And also feel free to post ur comments and questions , there are lots of experienced Lucid Dreamers in this site.

Gud luck with ur journey to to inner self, dreamer. :)
I see the Truth now.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 17 Dec 2014 12:05

Yes from my understand of lucid dreamers mostly from this forum is the depth of dream and stability of dream are the primary reasons why my methods mentioned above are flawed. I understand what your saying

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 17 Dec 2014 12:13

I like your big long story shark its interesting that the dream was so beyond anything earth like its hard to explain ive had few dreams similar to that butt when I ado its amazing, look forward to more of your sharing

StormSharkX

Postby StormSharkX » 21 Dec 2014 18:40

dreamstudent wrote:I like your big long story shark its interesting that the dream was so beyond anything earth like its hard to explain ive had few dreams similar to that butt when I ado its amazing, look forward to more of your sharing

It was one such dream that inspired me to start trying to focus on controlling my dreams in the first place, after one very specific dream I experienced years ago that I will never forget, I wanted nothing more than to recreate the dream, it became almost like an obsession, I have experienced dreams like the one described since but have never recreated the exact same dream experience despite all my efforts, I have created many unique, fun even paradise like experienced, but the dream that kicked off my entire obsession with wanting to focus my dreams remains unique.

To describe it may not sound all that exciting but the feeling that inspired was pure Exstacy, all that happened in the dream was it started out with me dreaming I was laying awake on my own bed unaware I was actually asleep, as described above this was not uncommon occurrence for me at the time and more often than not resulted in some of my worse nightmares, but this time it was to be different.

So there I was laying on my bed dreaming without realizing it just seemed like I was laying awake in my own bed nothing different to my normal room, at a time in my life I was haunted by such dreams and terrified to turn my light off at night, when suddenly I started to float up out of my bed and out of my window, once I was outside all I could see was endless open fields, it was a beautiful and I was not scared for some unknown reason this time like was the more common outcome of my Paralysis dreams of this time of my life, as I continued to float above across the fields the only other thing I can recall is seeing a forest area in the distance, the dream then became lucid as I realized I was only dreaming, up to then I rarely had other lucid dreams I wanted to continue, this was probably 20 to 25 years ago, I cant really remember many other dreams from back then only the nightmares and recollections of the dreams I thought where real haunting as already stated above, sometimes I would realize I was only dreaming within a nightmare back then and then my only concern became to try and wake myself up, but this time was my first experience where I can recall not wanting to wake myself up knowing I was dreaming, instead I wanted to float over towards the forest.

I had little control over the dream or my dreams in general at the time I did not even know the term "Lucid Dream" or at least what it meant, dreams where something I had never studied and I was more usually terrified by them from my personal experience with them which was something I always only kept to myself.

So by this point I had floated out of my bedroom window into a lush world of beautiful open fields with a forest in the distance, I had become aware that I was dreaming and just wanted to stay with this dream and go over to the forest. With the dream been lucid I began to try and adjust the direction I was floating into in order to direct me towards the forest, I was not very good at controlling my flight path and was struggling some what to focus on my direction, and I started to ascend upwards in my dream flight in a path that looked like it would take me above and over the forest, I could not seem to reverse my decent and float back downwards, instead I just continued to float upwards till I was rising up into and beyond the clouds and the forest below was fading further and further away.

My memory beyond this point is sketchy but I entered a new place a pure unrivaled beauty above the clouds, I was still floating only the surrounding had chanced into a place I can not fully explain, but it was a place of great comfort and I did not feel alone, I am not religious person even less of a religious person back then, although I am fairly open to the possibility that there is a god more so more recently than ever, but I certainly dont believe in any religious interpretation of god, more I would not dismiss than I would believe that there is some kind of greater intelligence thought process used to create the universe and life, but if there is such a thing has Heaven then this could well have been it, on a visual plane the place or at least my recollection of it is blank, a feeling of comfort and sheer bliss would better describe the experience.

the experience was short in real time I dont know how long it lasted, but it seemed like just a few minutes from start to finish, most of which time was spent floating across the fields, once I had passed the clouds and entered the new realm of what seemed like Paradise it seemed like only seconds, to say 30 seconds seems about right I dare say, but in that 30 seconds I wanted to stay forever, I ended up waking myself up because I wanted to test to see if it really was just a dream, it occurred to me after realizing I was only dreaming, that this may not be a dream, like when you tell yourself "this is a dream" within your dream to trigger the lucid dream experience, I after asked myself the question "is this a dream or have I died and is this really heaven" or "am I dreaming or dying" as crazy as this sounds, I was at this point not scared by the possibility that had entered my mind that may have died, in fact it was so perfect a place I had entered I was hoping this was Heaven and that I was dead and could stay there forever.

Then more out of curiously than fear I tried waking myself up to test to see if I actually could do so, as my way of testing to see if I was dead or not, and the truth is I honestly did not expect to be able to wake up from this dream I though been dead was the more likely explanation at the time but felt I had to prove this to myself and went ahead and woke myself up to face the reality that it was just a dream and that I had just woke myself up from the most beautiful dream I had ever experienced and I was devastated, tried falling straight back to sleep hoping I could continue from where I left off but no such luck.

Although I have never been fully able to relive the experience i lived that night, I do feel that dream was the beginning of what helped be to overcome my fear of sleeping and problems I was having with Sleep Paralysis, it gave me a focus and aim to strive towards for me to be able to better control my dreams and overcome my fears of been haunted during my sleep, something that now 20 years later I have overcome, but my been able to focus and guide my dreams all began with that one night, that for the first time I can recall showed me that I could experience great pleasure though dreaming and not just horrors.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”