House of Wisdom???? Really?

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
R99

House of Wisdom???? Really?

Postby R99 » 23 Nov 2014 17:46

This scenery was from a random dream. actually that dream have no continuation. it was like bits of random events. its about a mother and her little daughter. most of them doesnt made any sense at all. the only thing i remember is this scene. i was showing this little house and a well to this child, the small house is built on huge boulder the structure is stable but to get there, need to climb up on an very unstable and all most impossible structure made out of wood log. this is the exact representation of that dream scene. the time is sunset, and the looks of it, some one is living on that house. and also, a well on boulder???? thats kind of extra weird.Already uploaded this scene in "Dream Art", but for larger audience am also posting this scene here. i have my own interpretation, but first i would like to know about ur views. plz reply if u have something to say. thank u.

from the look of it , i came up with this title. "House of Wisdom.
Attachments
house of wisdom.jpg
house of wisdom.jpg (212.39 KiB) Viewed 1935 times
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Re: House of Wisdom???? Really?

Postby Summerlander » 24 Nov 2014 02:24

Could the house of wisdom represent this Forum? ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 24 Nov 2014 05:39

Very funny summer.. :) now wats ur thought?
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 24 Nov 2014 13:53

I could give you a Jungian interpretation coloured by my own bias from witnessing your interactions in this Forum. Of course, it most likely won't be an accurate reading, if any whatever, but I haven't got much to go by in waking life terms. I don't know you outside of this Forum, you see!

The mother could represent your anima, that side of you most in touch with the subconscious and thus a reservoir of wisdom. The anima finds it hard to express all this wisdom to the child (the part of you eager to learn and grow up) so she chooses to show the child the way to that reservoir. The house, therefore, represents a more integrated self. It provides all the resources that lack on the outside, even light (enlightenment) which the child will need as the sun is setting.

But the way to this integrated self, this ideal where knowledge is readily available, is perceived to be precarious by the dreamer (you). It won't be easy. Note that the dream itself is not working towards some goal, it merely acts as a mirror that reflects deep feelings and emotions regarding waking life interactions. There may be some obstacles in waking life that you are willing to overcome in order to get to where you really want to be.

Note that you came up with the "House of Wisdom." This is all very theoretical, by the way. A Freudian interpretation would have been radically different and perhaps inappropriate.

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 24 Nov 2014 14:39

Thanks Summer, a very good interpretation. my own interpretation is almost like urs too. see.. u r good at this. thats what i was expecting from u. and again thanks 4 ur replay.
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2014 13:43

No problem. I can only provide a generic, and somewhat oneirically semiotic interpretation. In the end you will always have more insight because it's personal. From reading Jungian psychoanalysis, I learned that the concept of a house, or home (to be precise), in dreams represents the self. It follows, logically, that the conditions of the dream abode can inform the dreamer of the state of self. If the house is a mess, perhaps the self needs more organisation or integration. Perhaps it needs a makeover if the dreamer feels uncomfortable in it. A view from the outside can provide an intuition of how others perceive you.

In this case, the house of wisdom is not your home, but it may feel "homey" and represent a place where you want to be. Or a desired state of mind that you want to reach and familiarise yourself with. If you find this Jungian input insufficient, a little Freudianism might help. The sun is the object of burning desire which is setting. Daytime, thus, is the ambience of sexual pleasure that you crave. The child is the side of you wishing to explore sexual fantasies. The mother symbolises your intuitions about how to conquer the object of attraction, the house (the attractive gender). The way to win it over, the path to reach it, is perceived as precarious. Twightlight, mostly in the dark about what to do. With Freud, it was mostly and ultimately about sex when it came to people. I feel that Carl Jung's psychology may be more applicable here but again only you, as the dreamer, can determine that. Of course, just because it is personal it doesn't mean that you will intuitively know everything about your oneiric experience. You must play detective too.

This is a know-thyself quest and one dream ("House of Wisdom") is merely a modicum of a clue on how to do that. You might want to arm yourself with psychoanalytical and oneirological literature. And then you might even develop your own methods of exploration and dream philosophy.

Are you an avid lucid dreamer? As an oneironaut, you might want to quiz dream characters and observe symbolic clues and how they make you feel. It might lead you to a more proficient you in the end. Good luck if you pursue it! :-)

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2014 14:19

By the way, I can make out the silhoette of a pregnant humanoid by looking at your picture. The house sits on top of the belly. The mother shows the child around... the birth of an ideal waiting to be realised in your mind, perhaps? You said someone lives in the house...

How about returning to that scene and exploring it lucidly? Ask the child what it represents. Ask the mother. Explore the well. Speak to the boulder and see if it comes to life. Fly to the hilltop and enter the house of wisdom. Explore its interior and meet whoever lives there.

I know that things are very unlikely to look the same as before. But accept the changes you encounter. Your state of mind is constantly changing and therefore changed since. So concern yourself with the state of the house now and what you think needs to be done. Do not attempt to transmute the dream world to make it look as it did before. Transmutation is useful when the goal is escapism or entertainment, but in this case it is all about exploration. Let the dream world do what it must, stabilise it, sure, as a competent lucid dreamer should in order to prolong his experience as much as possible, but try not to radically change the setting that presents itself before you. Interact with what is already available.

If it looks too different, don't worry. As long as you have the essential which is redolent of the first dream, eg. house on the summit of a hill. Nothing stays the same and this couldn't be truer of the dream world. It is not a real world, it is a surreal one. Anything is possible there as you can potentially bend its mental fabric to your every whim, but, the initial dream qualia that presents itself will always have something strong to say about your present state in cryptic form.

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 26 Nov 2014 07:35

Summerlander wrote:The mother shows the child around...

No summer not the mother ,I AM the one who shows the child around. but not around just the house.

And yes, the dreamer is the only one who could make his own dreams interpretation perfectly. its not just about dream signs and also emotion came to play in a dream. and also i will try to know about this dream in my next LD.

thanks summer... :)
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 26 Nov 2014 11:41

Oh! I beg your pardon, it was indeed you who did the showing around. It is even more personal than I thought and very goal-driven. It seems you thirst for some sort of mental expansion where every intrinsic aspect of your personality is urged to mature further. I was also thinking that the well signifies wishing.

Anyway, good luck with your oneiric quest. I hope it's fun and insightful for you. Bon voyage and sweet lucid dreams! :-)

- Padmasambhava

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 29 Nov 2014 19:02

Did you make this?
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Return to “Dream Interpretation”