The Greatest Powers of Lucid Dreaming.

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
dreamstudent

The Greatest Powers of Lucid Dreaming.

Postby dreamstudent » 21 Nov 2014 06:54

"If you can dream it, you can do it" -

This is a quote many have heard and it is 100% true for a select few of us, those few are lucid dreamers, because we can consciously dream thus for we really can do it. We HAVE DONE "IT" and we CAN DO "IT" again and again. If everyone was conscious enough in life to Lucid Dream: then some of the greatest scientists in the world could of taken the easy way out solving advanced algorithms in an induced lucid dream where they could physically see an algorithm in actual motion or perhaps project the problem on a 1000 ft. wide 1000 ft. high board and create an advanced calculator that doesn't exist to help them and come up with the answer! Or another example maybe developing an airplane or a car from the ground up and physically touching and feeling the texture and designs you have imagined! These are things that WE, Lucid Dreamers can do, that no-one else can so please hear me out, and think beyond the limitations of todays society..

There is so much violence in the human race, must we drag that into our dreams? The dream world gives infinite possibilities and after careful consideration and investigating I noticed a very sad and yet troubling problem among the Lucid Dreamers among us. It seems as though a vast majority of the posts on this forum involving either 'Killing LD's or 'LD Powers' etc. etc. are either indirectly and directly associated with violence. We Lucid Dreamers, WE, have a special gift guys and girls (Nesgirl). Can we not use "this special gift" if you will (I am not saying Lucid Dreaming is a gift from a Creator or anything, just a general statement to empower you to understand the rarity of people WHO CAN LUCID DREAM), to better understand this life and the concepts that are all around us? Perhaps, trying a power that isn't destructive and maybe even oh I don't know, ORIGINAL OR CREATIVE? For example: I myself am going to try in a Lucid Dream where I project a screen in front of me (much like a holographic T.V. monitor that will follow my face where I go and I can look at it to see what's on the screen) and put down all my ideas of what I want to do in my Lucid Dreams, BECAUSE I KNOW EVERY SINGLE CONSISTENT-LUCID-DREAMER ON THIS FORUM OR IN GENERAL HAS A LIST INSIDE THERE MIND OR WRITTEN DOWN OF THINGS THEY WOULD LIKE TO TRY, DO, OR EXPERIMENT WITH IN THERE LUCID DREAMS. Do you see how beneficial an idea like a screen that tells you your list of things you want to do INSIDE the dream can be? VERY VERY VERY BENEIFICIAL, if we put some effort into a list of very beneficial powers that could create things or design things RATHER THAN DESTROY, COULD WE NOT TEST THE LIMITS AND BOUNDARIES OF LUCID DREAMING? COULD WE NOT BRING OUR CREATIONS OR THOUGHTS FROM THE DREAM WORLD INTO THE REAL WORLD? LET US TEST THE BOUNDARIES AND STRETCH THE LIMITS OF LUCID DREAMING, LETS GO BEYOND THE LIMITS OF WHAT WE KNOW AND GO INTO THE UNKNOWN, TOGETHER... TOGETHER.

I am open to constructive criticism and your opinions as I value any and all Lucid Dreamers ideas, thanks everyone.

Please feel free to share your ideas on Constructive Super Powers:

deschainXIX

Re: The Greatest Powers of Lucid Dreaming.

Postby deschainXIX » 21 Nov 2014 13:05

Why do you care what everyone else does in their lucid dreams? Does it affect you in any way? Does it affect anyone at all? No.

Can you provide any real reason to abstain from violence in lucid dreaming? From what I could see, you only said using lucid dreaming as a catharsis (or artful purging) for primal human violence is wrong, but you didn't give any reason as to why it is wrong. Undoubtedly no one uses lucid dreaming solely for destruction--but there is nothing wrong with creating catharses. If you think anything done in lucid dreaming is condemnable, you're condemning people for thought-crime, and that is an incorrect position.

Lucid dreaming is the one place where we can destroy without repercussion and (more importantly) without hurting anyone. We are free from the constraints of empathy in a lucid dream. So of course most people are going to use it a place to vent--especially since building things is incredibly difficult; as you know, dreams are unstable and inconsistent as far as the laws that apply in reality.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 21 Nov 2014 20:19

deschainXIX wrote:Why do you care what everyone else does in their lucid dreams? Does it affect you in any way? Does it affect anyone at all? No.

Can you provide any real reason to abstain from violence in lucid dreaming? From what I could see, you only said using lucid dreaming as a catharsis (or artful purging) for primal human violence is wrong, but you didn't give any reason as to why it is wrong. Undoubtedly no one uses lucid dreaming solely for destruction--but there is nothing wrong with creating catharses. If you think anything done in lucid dreaming is condemnable, you're condemning people for thought-crime, and that is an incorrect position.

Lucid dreaming is the one place where we can destroy without repercussion and (more importantly) without hurting anyone. We are free from the constraints of empathy in a lucid dream. So of course most people are going to use it a place to vent--especially since building things is incredibly difficult; as you know, dreams are unstable and inconsistent as far as the laws that apply in reality.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

No it doesn't affect them to do violent things in their dreams, and your right I suppose it does seem a bit like I am condemning people who are violent in there Lucid Dreams. I suppose in some aspects I did create a negative outlook on those who are so violent. Your right it doesnt do any harm to anyone or anything, and it does allow for a release 'free of empathy'. But what else do we gain from violently killing a DC besides a 'release' yes do it a few times but how many times do you need to do this before enough is enough? After a while I can see a negative effect occur as an LDer continues to release his emotions in the dream world, they could become obsessed with the grotesque violence and then that may be all they like to do in a Lucid Dream which in my mind would be a waste of an ability not a lot of people have. Why not be violent in the real world where you have your limitations, go hunting or join infantry marines? It seems to me we lucid dreamers would be better off addressing our need for violence in the real world rather than the world that unleashes infinite potential. There are even unviolent ways to fulfill those emotions that need release one such example of the top of my head is a regular meditative habit. Which five minutes a day can make a difference.

I know it seems a little far outreached what I am asking especially since as you pointed out a great fact about lding is that they are relatively unstable considering a lot of factors: are you comfortable where you sleep? Is there too much light? Etc. Etc.

I'm simply saying that the select few of us in the world that can LD which there is a very very small percent have the ability to multitask at a level that humans in the physical world could never 'dream' of being capable of, we have limitless potential and yet there is an abundance for a violent type of lucid dream, that is surprisingly a favorite of majority of people on this site. Although my reasons are a bit vague, they are in both this reply and the post above, take a second to look and think wow when I say hello to a person I have never met how often does lucid dreaming come up in our discussion this could be true even with close friends, family, relatives, you can choose to deny the obvious or accept it we lucid dreamers are a select few. I'm suggesting that yes, there are better uses for LDs than some other uses.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 22 Nov 2014 13:49

After a while I can see a negative effect occur as an LDer continues to release his emotions in the dream world, they could become obsessed with the grotesque violence and then that may be all they like to do in a Lucid Dream which in my mind would be a waste of an ability not a lot of people have. Why not be violent in the real world where you have your limitations, go hunting or join infantry marines? It seems to me we lucid dreamers would be better off addressing our need for violence in the real world rather than the world that unleashes infinite potential.

I think you're looking at violence in a very different way from how I view the subject. I find that violence is not going to consume you, because there's a very important limit here, your mind. This isn't going to be close to the realism of a snuff film unless you are already setting out to do that, in which case you aren't making a problem, you already have that desire for macabre actions. Instead you're going to focus on the idea that you just solved a problem easily, or were able to express your frustration towards something, everyone has their issues, and it's normal to be violent.

Being violent in the real world is much worse then being violent in a lucid dream, first being violent towards others in your daily life is going to have long term consequences, while in a dream you wake up and that dream person you were is gone.

Then if you're hunting or joining the marines, that takes a lot of time compared to lucid dreaming. Hunting requires buying the supplies when in a dream I just pull it out of my pocket, then have to be patient and track a target, it is much more involved then just making a crumbled temple, seeing Hydra come out of it and defeating it in a majestic manner. Marines is literally dedicating a section of your life, it's not the answer unless you want that life style a marine has, and from what I've heard, it's not one for lucid dreamers or anyone who likes sleeping.

I'm suggesting that yes, there are better uses for LDs than some other uses.

It all depends on your perspective, I find that lucid dreaming currently is a great way to just relax and have nothing to do in. Others use it for more active things like flying a plane, having sex, or speaking to knowledgeable DC's. I wouldn't say any use is THE way to use lucid dreaming, instead it's what people find is the best way to you use for them.

You might think it's selfish to use it for personal enjoyment since it isn't helping anyone and this ability is rare, but everyone deserves a break from work, and dreaming is a great way to have that break.
Three steps from bliss.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Nov 2014 05:01

Destruction is a form of creation and it's all conserved. Destroy a building and you just created rubble.

Next time you're in a lucid dream, destroy all buildings, kill all dream characters, expunge everything and behold what you have just created. :ugeek:
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 24 Nov 2014 23:48

Yes. What even is "creation" and "destruction"?
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 25 Nov 2014 03:47

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:33, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Nov 2014 09:31

deschainXIX wrote:Yes. What even is "creation" and "destruction"?

Rip a head off a DC and you created a corpse.

Have sex. What is that but a feeling? Nothing was gained or lossed.

Even that corps wasn't a being so beit! Nothing can be gained or lossed in a dream except emotions.

Rip me a new one and tell me I'm wrong. I would love that. For I can tell you all honestly, as a lucid dreamer, I've done it all, and nothing, I MEAN NOTHING, can ever offend me. I even tried to experience nothing and there was nothing there! Always something!

Emotions are futile. This is what Dreamstudent is against, I know, but I must say that's what happened to me. I feel good and compassionate, and I dare anyone to tell me otherwise. I like to play with the Borg concept, and have a more existential view:

Existence is Futile. :ugeek:
That's what they should have said in Star Trek! :geek:

What is there when there is nothing, after you destroy or assimilate everything? It's still nothing. Just a futile addition of zeroes. Same as existence for every person. Nobody goes anywhere or 'does' anything. They just exist. And they go nowhere.

I have taken this concept into my dreams, as I assume everyone else takes their own concepts into dreams.

THAT'S WHY IT'S POINTLESS TO CARE ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE DOES IN A DREAM, BUT YOURSELF.
It's all you. Listen and learn from others, though and take it or leave it, for that is the only way to learn.

(This was not to DreamStudent, I like you, and you spoke the truth, but I speak my message to all others reading this, whoever they are....)

Getting to know people on this Forum and getting to know my Dream Characters is the ultimate power of lucid dreaming and the answer to my existence, which is not futile. (To me anyway... for now.... I can still argue against that....)

(EDIT: I was up at 4:30 a.m. when I wrote that. I blurt out weird stuff at night, but then again, maybe it's actually smart. Just can't put my thoughts into well structured paragraphs is all....) :mrgreen:
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

wispulation

Postby wispulation » 27 Nov 2014 00:03

Hello,
That was a really interesting and wonderful read and i just want to thank you for writing that, anyway A small thing i want to add, Wouldn't it be better if humans took all their anger and rage in the Dream world (because no harm come in dreams) Just one mans thought
I was just thinking
To achieve a Lucid Dream you have to believe you CAN Lucid Dream

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Nov 2014 02:02

"If you can dream it you can do it."

Hmmm... no. In a lucid dream you can fly to the moon like superman. In waking life that is simply impossible.

And anything can be done in a lucid dream. You can be as depraved and immoral as you want to be if such freedom gives you pleasure. It is your mind. Forget the mannacles of the real world for doing unusual things in dreams may inspire creativity. Like being a serial killer in the dream world and getting a good inkling of how someone like the Green River killer felt. Then you can write a novel, a crime thriller, where you convey the villain's mind in exquisite detail. ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”