A Temporal Friend

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Enra Traz

A Temporal Friend

Postby Enra Traz » 28 Nov 2014 11:23

Greetings, everyone! I'm Enra Traz. I'm from the year 2212. I know it may be hard for some of you to believe this but I am indeed a time traveller. I haven't even been born yet! My time machine includes a mechanism similar to an Alcubierre drive which creates a negative density field around the temporal pod. This density, of course, is below the vacuum of space. Once the pod is propelled to move in space, it will not. It will move in time instead. It pierces through the temporal frame like a bullet through fog.

The temporal pod, or time machine, has already been invented in your time and kept a secret. Nobody is able to travel before this machine was built, something to do with the impossibility of violating meta-causality. anyway, I thought people should know there are time travellers and this forum seems to have open-minded people.

Hope to speak to you all soon!
Last edited by Enra Traz on 28 Nov 2014 14:12, edited 1 time in total.

Summerlander

Re: A Temporal Friend

Postby Summerlander » 28 Nov 2014 12:28

Mister or Miss Traz! Thank you very much for letting us unpriviliged pastlings know that time travel is possible. I take it that, unlike John Titor, you are the real mccoy! :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

PKJacker

Postby PKJacker » 28 Nov 2014 13:13

Pretty cool that you're able to time travel, seems like it took a lot of work to make the machine so you must be quite a person.

Hope you stick around.

Three steps from bliss.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Nov 2014 13:52

Traz didn't make it. Apparently the time machine has already been built somewhere. Traz has travelled to a time preceding his/her birth.

You think it's possible Erna Traz is a time traveller? It would make this forum pretty special. Have we had someone like this before? I wonder... :-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 28 Nov 2014 16:07

Summerlander wrote:Mister or Miss Traz! Thank you very much for letting us unpriviliged pastlings know that time travel is possible. I take it that, unlike John Titor, you are the real mccoy! :-D

I understand your sarcastic skepticism, Summerlander. In your position I would be just as skeptical. But it is true. I'm here to record some history and measure urethane consumption by human beings on a global scale using some electronic equipment that has not been invented in your time yet. Others like me have travelled to other times and specialize in biological leaps and random mutations within the anthropic evolution.

Apparently, ethyl carbamate, in particular, has had a drastic effect on much of the genesis of my contemporaries. Cancers and arrhythmias are widespread so we must gather all the evidence we can to determine the root cause of what went wrong. Our lifespan, generically speaking, has undergone a gradual curtailment due to the consistent imbibition of chemical compounds we could have done without. Needless to say, this is a major concern for us in the 23rd century! Just imagine this: super-beta blocker injections in my time are as common as candy in order to preclude infarctions. I don't mean to sound patronizing, but, you as "pastlings" are quite literally behind in time and understanding. You haven't even become aware of the problem.

By the way, it's Miss! :) Once Elizabeth Warren becomes the next US president women's rights skyrocket on a cosmopolitan scale. ;)

PKJacker wrote:Pretty cool that you're able to time travel, seems like it took a lot of work to make the machine so you must be quite a person.

Hope you stick around.

It is cool but scary as I am on a very serious mission. I did not invent the time machine but did receive a basic introduction on what it entails. So I'm probably not as quite a person as you imagine me to be. I'm merely a (future) government adjutant selected for this mission by a database computer that coordinates métiers. Time travel operations are pretty secluded even in my time and I am not privy to all classified information. Only a select few know the inventor of this age so as to prevent vital history leading to future time-travelling operations from being erased from existence.

Theoretically speaking, the temporal pod is a central point in our history. We are the first species on Earth to succeed at time travelling. But the quantum physics behind it do not permit us to travel before it was made. And if anything were to happen to its blueprints and prototypes, my future is erased as predictions go. Now, inevitably, me and my confrères have already altered a few things, some quite significant, and continue to do so. These things are unrelated to the time machine and are harmless. For you, of course, the universe will not have been tampered with by any temporal foreigners. Moreover, due to changes made from our perspective, you future will never be my future even if most of it is similar. For us, it is different...

If I travel from here into the future, it won't be my original present I will encounter, but rather, the future of some parallel universe which tallies with any changes made here. But there is a caveat with this. Due to a temporal tracking device in the pod, I am able to return to my home present in its untainted condition as though no changes were ever made. This permits us to not worry so much about who or what we run into save for anything to do with the invention of the time machine. The pod will always be attracted to it's point of origin in the end even if I program it to explore the future of where you are headed temporarily. Because of our technological precautions, neither me nor my colleagues will ever be stuck in any time or parallel universe. Some of you who read this will think that the many-worlds interpretation of quantum theory must be true and you are correct. This solves the grandfather's paradox to an extent as everything that can happen in this universe -- it's many probabilities that rank at all percentages in different existential levels -- has happened.

So we are here purely to study every factor that has contributed to the present calamity of our world. Not to make changes by changing past events as this won't do. My world has already happened. Ironically, even with the time machine, we cannot see our future (per se). We have to take the knowledge of the past into the present in order to rectify mistakes and aid the quantum decoherence of future states by a team of scientists "back" (forward?) in 2212. They then make a prediction of what future our universal collective is more likely to follow.

I know what you are thinking. Why can't we just use the time machine to check our future? Because travelling forwards from our time can randomly land us in any number of possible futures. Once the pod leaves 2212 to go forward, it becomes completely independent in the temporal dimension, even if the tracking can still yank it back to its point of origin, but the travelling can best be described as "not temporally travelling in a straight line as it were" to quote Quen Lev, a renowned quantum physicist of our time. So we can't be sure which future is the one for us yet.

Summerlander wrote:Traz didn't make it. Apparently the time machine has already been built somewhere. Traz has travelled to a time preceding his/her birth.

You think it's possible Erna Traz is a time traveller? It would make this forum pretty special. Have we had someone like this before? I wonder... :-)

My name is Enra. My first post had a typographical error. I apologise for misleading you, Summerlander. I've edited it. :)

Derpybunneh

Postby Derpybunneh » 28 Nov 2014 18:04

I feel like you are faking.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Nov 2014 18:20

I checked Elizabeth Warren. She could be running for the Oval office. But I share your feelings on this one, Derpy Bunneh.

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 28 Nov 2014 18:47

So why exactly are you telling us this? Not only are you letting us in on an undoubtedly secret mission, but you're giving us plenty of jargon to start building our own time machine. :)

Also, why are you spending time on a small lucid dreaming forum on the internet, and spilling information on the future across the web?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 28 Nov 2014 23:53

And my man here is entitled to be suspicious and bombard you with questions, Enra! ^^^

- Padmasambhava

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 29 Nov 2014 02:33

deschainXIX wrote:So why exactly are you telling us this? Not only are you letting us in on an undoubtedly secret mission, but you're giving us plenty of jargon to start building our own time machine. :)

Also, why are you spending time on a small lucid dreaming forum on the internet, and spilling information on the future across the web?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

I was about to make this point :P Haha, I will be watching how this thread pans out. Seems like pretty harmless fun :)
Dreaming is my drug

Return to “Introduce Yourself”