Where are our Dreams?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Snaggle

Re: Where are our Dreams?

Postby Snaggle » 11 Feb 2012 09:40

Summerlander wrote:
Snaggle wrote:Summerland On Loki, he became the blood brother of Odinn which allowed him into Asgard. Your other point is reasonable, except when one does not know what they believed one should not make up "beliefs" for them.

I'm sorry, you were saying...? :cry:

Ahem...sorry, but, the fact of the matter is that you were proved to be wrong on a minor issue and I can't take you at face value any more.

Should I use the Aztecs' interpretation of the eclipse as a more suitable analogy next time? :mrgreen:

Sorry you did not prove me wrong. If you had bothered to click on both Loki's parents in the link you yourself provided you would have seen they were giants and not Gods.

54. Then comes Sigfather's[ that is Othinn who has been just been slain. | mighty son,
Vithar, to fight | with the foaming wolf [Fenrir] ;
In the giant's son Loki | does he thrust his sword
Full to the heart: | his father is avenged.- Bellows translation of the poetic Edda

The prose and poetic Edda can be read here fully translated and they are the main sources for any knowledge of Scandinavian and Teutonic mythology http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/index.htm and here http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/pre/index.htm

By your silly standard everything you say should be rejected because you both borrow an entirely made up tale by Stephen Hawkings and then turn a half witch half giant into a God. Everyone is wrong occasionally even in subject on which they are expert.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Feb 2012 18:35

Peter wrote:a couple of issues - first of the "attacks" they are not so bad and not much past banter and open in the fact that they are here so I am not to concerned about them.

I'm going to respectfully disagree. Just to clarify things, I think comments like these below are unnecessary and detract from what is otherwise an interesting discussion:

Summerland is a materialistic monist and has a very dogmatic personality...
You're a known troll who has been banned on multiple forums...
There are a lot of things you don't understand, my friend...
You have no friends as even in the Astral Pulse staff...
You are like a stalker...

Your behaviour here is unacceptable...

Ooops, Sorry. The last comment is actually one I agree with.

I think people should make an effort to be more civil in public. If they want to make comments like these, it should be done in private.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Feb 2012 20:05

WOW! so many responses I couldn't read them all.

But although dream feels real, upon awakening, it becomes distant.

It truly felt real when it was happening though.... but THIS FEELS REAL TOO.... AND MAYBE IT ISN'T! or is it? It all depends all how you perceive reality and dream. I actually don't see much distinction between the two...
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 11 Feb 2012 20:11

I must admit I wrote my comment without reading all the 43 posts or so.
I was still focused on the main topic....

I apologize for not offending anybody!

I should next time to fit in...... 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Feb 2012 20:27

HAGART wrote:It truly felt real when it was happening though.... but THIS FEELS REAL TOO.... AND MAYBE IT ISN'T! or is it? It all depends all how you perceive reality and dream. I actually don't see much distinction between the two...

Dreams and waking life are the same "reality". The whole thing is a collective fabrication and we are all quite good at it.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

R99

Postby R99 » 11 Feb 2012 20:36

Just wondering, wer it started wer its going?!!:/
I see the Truth now.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Feb 2012 20:43

R99 wrote:Just wondering, wer it started wer its going?!!:/

Up and down,
And in the end
It's only round and round and round

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Feb 2012 20:49

very good and yes it all over the place. I suggest we let Rebecca moderate the forum and ignore the stuff we dont like as Its bound to happen and more from time to time. I would rather let the discussions roll an not let any tiffs between members polarize us in mistakly taking sides. Even getting annoyed with the banter is taking a side so just ignore it all and let them sort it out. Rebecca has the last word and I am sure she can handle it
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 11 Feb 2012 21:03

Peter wrote:very good and yes it all over the place. I suggest we let Rebecca moderate the forum and ignore the stuff we dont like as Its bound to happen and more from time to time. I would rather let the discussions roll an not let any tiffs between members polarize us in mistakly taking sides. Even getting annoyed with the banter is taking a side so just ignore it all and let them sort it out. Rebecca has the last word and I am sure she can handle it

I agree that it hasn't risen to level of moderation. And sure, we all can ignore the noise, but people can also make an effort to tone it down.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Feb 2012 21:26

agree - and hope that moderation wont extend to spelling. I am shocking :P
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”