Lucid Dreamers and God

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.

Have you ever tried to communicate with God in the phase state (LD/OOBE/AP)?

Yes, and I was successful
3
7%
Yes, but nothing happened
2
4%
Yes, but what was encountered was a product of my mind
5
11%
No, but I am willing to try
21
47%
No, and I'm reluctant to try out of fear
0
No votes
No, and I never will (I'm an atheist who doesn't see any point)
14
31%
 
Total votes: 45

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3642
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby Summerlander » 29 Nov 2014 09:56

Scripture is not proof of anything. It is manmade. A fabrication. I see no evidence. Only written lies. And the culture was different but we have improved our lives since and are more protective of children. And I would beware of those who are religious and hang around children a lot. Even at a time when people were backwards and racist (so was Smith) he managed to land himself in jail. And you're telling me his word and what he claims to have found is solid? Ok. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
Derpybunneh
Posts: 89
Joined: 16 Sep 2014 22:27

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby Derpybunneh » 29 Nov 2014 16:00

Summerlander wrote:Scripture is not proof of anything. It is manmade. A fabrication. I see no evidence. Only written lies. And the culture was different but we have improved our lives since and are more protective of children. And I would beware of those who are religious and hang around children a lot. Even at a time when people were backwards and racist (so was Smith) he managed to land himself in jail. And you're telling me his word and what he claims to have found is solid? Ok. :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image


Scripture is proof. The book is not a lie. Joseph Smith was falsely accused and put in prison because he was the prophet of God, because of his beliefs, and people did not like him. He was treated unjustly by unbelievers and mobs, just because of what he believed.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby deschainXIX » 29 Nov 2014 17:22

Derpybunneh, look at what you're saying. Observe it, dissect it, and think about it for yourself. FOR YOURSELF--that's the important part.

"Scripture is proof." "The book is not a lie."
These are dogmas that have been drilled into your skull so deep that you do not question them anymore. They are preconceived notions, pure ideas that have no evidence or reasoning behind them to state that they are true. You're saying, "I believe what I believe because the scripture is correct, and the scripture is correct because the scripture is correct," and, "The book is not a lie because I have lived my entire life by the book, and it's fallacy would mean my entire life has been a lie."

If we can accept things without evidence, where are we exactly? If we can accept without evidence, why do you discount Islam? Or Methodism? Or Hinduism? I can make whatever claim I like, and you cannot refute me because having evidence doesn't matter to you. The Easter bunny is real. I can fly like Superman (but only when no one is looking). Et cetera...

Do you not see the flaw in your mindset?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

User avatar
Derpybunneh
Posts: 89
Joined: 16 Sep 2014 22:27

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby Derpybunneh » 29 Nov 2014 18:25

deschainXIX wrote:Derpybunneh, look at what you're saying. Observe it, dissect it, and think about it for yourself. FOR YOURSELF--that's the important part.

"Scripture is proof." "The book is not a lie."
These are dogmas that have been drilled into your skull so deep that you do not question them anymore. They are preconceived notions, pure ideas that have no evidence or reasoning behind them to state that they are true. You're saying, "I believe what I believe because the scripture is correct, and the scripture is correct because the scripture is correct," and, "The book is not a lie because I have lived my entire life by the book, and it's fallacy would mean my entire life has been a lie."

If we can accept things without evidence, where are we exactly? If we can accept without evidence, why do you discount Islam? Or Methodism? Or Hinduism? I can make whatever claim I like, and you cannot refute me because having evidence doesn't matter to you. The Easter bunny is real. I can fly like Superman (but only when no one is looking). Et cetera...

Do you not see the flaw in your mindset?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image


Plah, science. You must have evidence for everything. Blech. Well, somethings things are true, but there is no physical evidence for it. The evidence comes from a spiritual source. These ideas aren't drilled very deep in my head, because I still question them or think I want to advert from this religion of mine. But I believe the book Joseph Smith translated is true, without much physical evidence. You don't need physical evidence to believe.

That's way science is annoying. You must have physical evidence; seeing is believing. < blech blech blech.

My belief is seeing is NOT believing.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 922
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby deschainXIX » 29 Nov 2014 19:24

Fine, then.

I'm God. By your reasoning, you now have to unquestioningly worship me. You cannot refuse. :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

User avatar
Derpybunneh
Posts: 89
Joined: 16 Sep 2014 22:27

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby Derpybunneh » 29 Nov 2014 20:10

deschainXIX wrote:Fine, then.

I'm God. By your reasoning, you now have to unquestioningly worship me. You cannot refuse. :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image


LOL
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 3642
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby Summerlander » 30 Nov 2014 03:08

Me and DeschainXIX tried, Derpy! We tried hard and you can't take that from us. If only me and DeschainXIX had written the Bible of Atheism and gave it to you when you were a child whilst proclaiming it to be the absolute truth. One day you might look back and think, "Those two were dead right." :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
nesgirl
Posts: 1278
Joined: 25 May 2014 23:10

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby nesgirl » 30 Nov 2014 09:42

...
Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:14, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby HAGART » 30 Nov 2014 22:27

I didn't see any personal attacks. Only words, taking what was said and turning them around to prove a point, and argue an issue like a good debater. This was actually very civil compared to other places on the internet! ;) If anyone should be offended by what Summerlander has said it would be Joseph Smith, not Derpybunneh.

I will now use simple words to make my point:

IF this is true:
Derpybunneh wrote:1 Nephi 8:2, "And it came to pass that while my father tarried in the wilderness he spake unto us, saying: Behold, I have dreamed a dream; or, in other words, I have seen a vision."

Dreamed a dream. That part is redundant. The English in Joseph Smith's time would not be like that. It would be more like this, "I had a dream." The scripture above is proof that JS (Joseph Smith) did not make the book up.


THEN my dream must be true:
HAGART (July 19, 2014) (page 1 of this thread) wrote:Then suddenly from around a corner a person showed up. He was short and heavyset, wearing a black, sleeveless muscle shirt, and had red hair and was clean shaven. Not an attractive guy, a little geeky, but cool, and I got the feeling he was into biker culture.

Me: "Are you God?"
DC: "I am your God."


I have just proven that there is indeed a God, and as I have suspected my entire life, he's a biker! 8-)
Why do you laugh? Prove me wrong.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
nesgirl
Posts: 1278
Joined: 25 May 2014 23:10

Re: Lucid Dreamers and God

Postby nesgirl » 30 Nov 2014 23:59

...
Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.


Return to “Dream Science”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest