A Couple of Wild Issues

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
YanksFan

A Couple of Wild Issues

Postby YanksFan » 15 Nov 2014 23:21

I got into the topic of lucid dreaming about a week ago, so I'm pretty new. Still no ld yet, but I do reality checks, dream journal (I can recall about 2-3 a morning), and have tried the "WILD" technique. I have attempted about 3 WILDs in the past 2 nights. My first was on Thursday, where I freaked out once my body started entering sleep paralysis. Once last night, in which I lied still 20 minutes,and nothing. Then 6 hours after I went to sleep, and I couldn't stay conscious. The problems I am facing is that my eyes keep twitching open when I stay still, and I haven't really been able to see the "firecracker" imagery yet. Advice?

PKJacker

Re: A Couple of Wild Issues

Postby PKJacker » 16 Nov 2014 15:25

Pretty much just ignore the opening of your eyes, your eyes being open or closed really has no effect on you getting further into a dream state.

Just wondering, are you attempting to WILD when you first go to sleep? or during a wbtb?
Three steps from bliss.

YanksFan

Postby YanksFan » 16 Nov 2014 20:34

WBTB

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Nov 2014 09:55

Once last night, in which I lied still 20 minutes,and nothing

You may really need to be patient. It often takes me up to 60mins of laying there before I start to go into a LD.

If you are worried about your eyes, put on a blindfold.

I haven't really been able to see the "firecracker" imagery yet.

Ive no idea what you are refering to there
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

R99

Postby R99 » 27 Nov 2014 14:56

He meant hypnagogic state, tani
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2014 17:21

R99 wrote:He meant hypnagogic state, tani

thanks.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2014 17:25

YanksFan wrote: The problems I am facing is that my eyes keep twitching open when I stay still, and I haven't really been able to see the "firecracker" imagery yet. Advice?

Not everyone who does WILD gets imagery before the LD starts. I myself usualy dont and often tend to just go straight into the dream some times without any warning at all eg no paralyses or anything.

Try to let go of any expectations of how things will be with yourself with this whole WILD progress as we all do it differently and I find each WILD I do is different too. My LD starts and lead up can happen in so many different ways.

Return to “For Beginners”