A Temporal Friend

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Peter

Re: A Temporal Friend

Postby Peter » 29 Nov 2014 03:27

Welcome and tell what you can about the future of lucid dreaming

Cheers
Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 29 Nov 2014 09:41

Yes, Enra. Tell us about the future of lucid dreaming whenever you've got time! (No pun intended, I swear!) :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 30 Nov 2014 05:58

Did anyone see through our reality to other reality with LD Enra???? oooh this is so exciting... :D
I see the Truth now.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 30 Nov 2014 20:11

Maybe her hand started disappearing and she can't type up a response...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

R99

Postby R99 » 01 Dec 2014 06:07

deschainXIX wrote:Maybe her hand started disappearing and she can't type up a response...

nice one, like in Back to the future.. :lol:
I see the Truth now.

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 01 Dec 2014 09:26

DERPYBUNNEH, I'm real and I have travelled through time. I understand why you feel that way. But sometimes a little faith helps. Do you imagine time travel to be that impossible? What would it take to convince you or make you feel like someone is not faking? Think about that.

SUMMERLANDER, Elizabeth Warren will be the next president. You'll see.

DESCHAINXIX, I have a lot of boring data to coordinate during my time here. When I catch a break, I like to go online and talk to people about where I come from and see how they take it. It's part experiment part hobby. I didn't just travel back just to register with an online forum about lucid dreaming. Somehow I feel like time travelling here would be a waste of time if I couldn't share it with anyone. In my home time I definitely can't. In here I can. This doesn't jeopardize the mission. You may think I'm a phoney and that's fine. But imagine that you are really talking to a time traveller. How will you feel if you come to know for sure that I am and all along you've played doubting Thomas instead of really probing a remarkable and unusual individual? I'll cut the jargon for you though. I didn't give you any instructions on how to build a time machine either. I merely informed you about the basic mechanism in layman's terms. I couldn't build one if I wanted to. I'm not an expert. I merely pilot the temporal pod.

PETER, I am a lucid dreamer, too. In the future, we have LaBerge incubators that keep us in REM sleep for hours without incurring any damage to our brains. During that time we can switch to lucid mode without waking or inadvertently becoming nonlucid. But in this time (your time) I don't have access to the LaBerge incubators so I Googled lucid dreaming and came across Rebecca Turner's website where I learned about useful techniques. Techniques that I never learned about where I'm from because technology pretty much does it for us. It's like we have the lucid dreaming calculator while you "pastlings" (I really like the term Summerlander coined) do it all in your heads! We can also record our dreams and watch it on a screen attached to the incubator as soon as we wake up if we wish. No need for journals. So many of my dreams are recorded on little disks.

R99 wrote:
deschainXIX wrote:Maybe her hand started disappearing and she can't type up a response...

You guys are very funny. My hands are fine. :lol:

R99

Postby R99 » 01 Dec 2014 09:59

Enra Traz wrote:DERPYBUNNEH, I'm real and I have travelled through time. I understand why you feel that way. But sometimes a little faith helps. Do you imagine time travel to be that impossible? What would it take to convince you or make you feel like someone is not faking? Think about that.

SUMMERLANDER, Elizabeth Warren will be the next president. You'll see.

DESCHAINXIX, I have a lot of boring data to coordinate during my time here. When I catch a break, I like to go online and talk to people about where I come from and see how they take it. It's part experiment part hobby. I didn't just travel back just to register with an online forum about lucid dreaming. Somehow I feel like time travelling here would be a waste of time if I couldn't share it with anyone. In my home time I definitely can't. In here I can. This doesn't jeopardize the mission. You may think I'm a phoney and that's fine. But imagine that you are really talking to a time traveller. How will you feel if you come to know for sure that I am and all along you've played doubting Thomas instead of really probing a remarkable and unusual individual? I'll cut the jargon for you though. I didn't give you any instructions on how to build a time machine either. I merely informed you about the basic mechanism in layman's terms. I couldn't build one if I wanted to. I'm not an expert. I merely pilot the temporal pod.

PETER, I am a lucid dreamer, too. In the future, we have LaBerge incubators that keep us in REM sleep for hours without incurring any damage to our brains. During that time we can switch to lucid mode without waking or inadvertently becoming nonlucid. But in this time (your time) I don't have access to the LaBerge incubators so I Googled lucid dreaming and came across Rebecca Turner's website where I learned about useful techniques. Techniques that I never learned about where I'm from because technology pretty much does it for us. It's like we have the lucid dreaming calculator while you "pastlings" (I really like the term Summerlander coined) do it all in your heads! We can also record our dreams and watch it on a screen attached to the incubator as soon as we wake up if we wish. No need for journals. So many of my dreams are recorded on little disks.

R99 wrote:

You guys are very funny. My hands are fine. :lol:

NOT FAIR, u didnt answered my question... what is the outcome of LD experiments. anyone got anything new through LD?????
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Dec 2014 10:28

Well, I take it those incubators were named after Stephen LaBerge or one of his descendants who continued his legacy in oneirology. I also can't wait to see who becomes the next US president.

Enra Traz, I believe that you believe you are a time traveller. But... How can I put this? Are you sure those incubators are not MRIs or CAT scans, or the temporal pod your own bed in some psychiatric hospital? I don't know, maybe they let you go online to see how you interact with people...

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 01 Dec 2014 12:23

If that was the case, why would they let her loose on a relatively obscure lucid dreaming forum? Why not let her join some popular chat-room, or Skype or something? Seems strange to me. Also, if you want to see how people would behave in society, I would think observing an internet forum would be a less than effective means. I think this is all just an elaborate prank. And an amusing/interesting one at that. I'm genuinely curious about the next U.S. president. :D If Enra Traz gets it right, I'm going to be very interested indeed.

But there is of course a case to be made that this is a schizophrenic delusion.

Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Dec 2014 14:19

Nine times out of ten it is a prank or a delusion. Time will tell. And then, a small percentage remains a mystery. I remember the John Titor case which I first heard about in the now defunct Astral Viewers. Many of Titors predictions did not come true. There's a high probability that this is a copycat enamoured with science fiction.

But this thought is very attractive: What if Enra Traz really is a time traveller? Some claim time doesn't exist. Some say it does but it's flow is illusory. Some physicists say we know very little about its nature.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Introduce Yourself”