A Temporal Friend

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
R99

Re: A Temporal Friend

Postby R99 » 01 Dec 2014 17:36

I dont know the genuinity,, but there is lots of videos in youtube, that proves time travel exist.
I see the Truth now.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 01 Dec 2014 18:47

Einstein seemed to think time travel would be possible. Time is, of course, relative (if it exists at all, as you pointed out). I certainly think it's possible, though I readily admit that I am nowhere near qualified to take such a position. It is said that proximity to black holes, for example, seems to warp the passage of time, speeding it up considerably to the point where a minute is equivalent to 40 Earth years. In this vein, if leaping forward in time is possible, what's stopping us from leaping back? (Sorry if I'm feeding Enra's delusion! :D). All paradoxes and technological formalities involved with time travel aside, I think we need not make presumptions about a universe as truly mind-bending as our own.

If there were time-travelers at work in history, we wouldn't know it. Because if they ever made a mistake and somewhere there is a photograph or document or other that proves time travel exists and it elucidated the world about the thing, time travelers would simply go back to eliminate all evidence left behind.

And if they stopped atrocities, we would never know either because I'm assuming the present would be updated accordingly, thus eliminating either our existence entire or our memory of history. The only problem is that RIGHT NOW, I know that I exist and I know that there are innumerable atorcites in history that could easily have been prevented.

Has anyone seen the picture of the crowd in Dallas the day Kennedy was shot where there is a man blended in with the crowd who is wearing apparel (primarily sunglasses) that could never have been available in that time period? I'll share the picture once I get to a computer...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Dec 2014 20:37

Do share it! That sounds extremely interesting! I don't have access to a computer right now otherwise I would search for it right now. :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 01 Dec 2014 20:59

It could easily have been photoshopped. But there was a video at some point in which the origins of the photo were discussed.

Anyway, the point is that there are lots of eerie and intriguing cases (many of them far more convincing and significant than this picture) in which time travel could be a factor.
Well said.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 02 Dec 2014 00:11

A brief analysis of the situation:

Well, via intuition that I will presently attempt to quantify, I've ruled out that Enra is delusional. If a truly delusional person were to join an internet forum, why would they choose a lucid dreaming one? And why such a small one as this? Why not Dream Views or something? Maybe Enra is also into lucid dreaming--as she indicated, they have "LaBerge pods" in the future. (Which, by the way, I don't quite buy. I don't think LaBerge has had tremendous enough a scientific impact to influence a name-choosing process, and I don't think he's rich enough or will be rich enough to mass-distribute a lucid dreaming pod.) But if Enra was also into lucid dreaming and wished to discuss lucid dreaming, she would have started her post off with something about lucid dreaming, rather than talking solely and exclusively about time travel. It doesn't quite add up. This is no random person or random time traveler who happened to come here. Again, there is a great deal of analytic intuition involved in my conclusion that I may have failed to carefully articulate.

What is more likely is that this is a prank/experiment perpetrated by a regular on the WoLD forum; it would explain why this person chose THIS little forum to post about time traveling. I suspect Summerlander, but there are obvious differences between their writing styles. However. There remains the possibility that he is a master criminal who can don a sort of ventriloquist's mask and write as if he is someone else. There are undeniable rhetorical similarities that have slipped through. For example, he/she addresses the forum as "everyone!" in his/her opening greeting; they both exercise proper grammar and diligently use English precisely (more or less, in Enra's case); et cetera. There is other evidence, of course--Summerlander made the first response, we were recently discussing starting a spoof account, and Summerlander seemed to feed the flames by saying, "What if Enra Traz really is a time traveler?" And that's not very Summerlander-ish. I don't know. I sound very paranoid right now, and I'm sort of rambling, so I'm going to trash this theory! :D

My most likely suspicion at the moment is that this is a person who is posting this time traveling prank on multiple forums. I've considered doing that--it would be interesting to see what people have to say. Since Enra Traz seems to have cut off communications--probably explainable by the fact that we didn't exactly meet her with the warmest of welcomes but rather with brief greetings followed by healthy skepticism (or she is busy posting on other forums where she is pulling the same experiment/prank)--I suppose we're left to our own deductions.
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Dec 2014 01:17

Oi! Cheeky! :-D

I'm a suspect now, am I? Actually, I probably would have suspected myself if I were you for exactly the same reasons you highlighted. I happened to be the first person to reply and indeed our time traveller here appears to have a great command of the English language. I am loving your theories and psychoanalysis though. It's more likely that your second theory is right: Enra is a serial prankster (and no I am not her - I wish I was!) :-D

I guess I said imagine Enra Traz is a real time traveller to be courteous to this newcomer and also to ignite a discourse about time travel. I've seen that picture before and it is shrouded in mystery. It could be fake or just someone with an odd sense of fashion. Otherwise, it's a time-travelling tourist.

For the sake of pointing out a plausibility in Enra's information regarding the future of lucid dreaming, Stephen LaBerge did popularise the first experiment that scientifically proved its existence. He has also come up with NovaDreamer which could be a prototype for what's to come. (Now look at me feeding Enra's delusion or prank!LOL) :-)

Well, you know what, I can't wait to see what she has to say... B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 02 Dec 2014 05:51

Wow this is getting interesting..... :D i wonder what Enra have to say :!:
I see the Truth now.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 02 Dec 2014 06:11

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:10, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 02 Dec 2014 19:00

The gentleman in that strange black and white picture cannot be one of us. His clothes seem too old-fashioned--nothing like what people wear two hundred years from now. So I'm also in the dark about where he is from. He may be from a possible future with an extremely low probability in relation to this universe. Or, as most of you suspect, the photograph is the product of a pretender.

To be frank with all of you, I'm not an expert on the physics behind time travelling either. So far what I have revealed is simply common knowledge to my confrères. The nitty-gritty goes way over my head and is only known to a few even in my home time--Quen Lev being one of them.

We are not here to change the past because making changes here will not alter my home present to which the temporal pod is attached using a variant of the electromotive force and warped time derivatives which were developed from expanding upon Hendrik Lorentz's and Albert Einstein's theoretical models. You'd have to have a full understanding of Euclidean mathematics and position vectors in order to fully comprehend what is really going on once the time machine leaps in the fabric of space-time.

In layman's terms, as we are told, the temporal pod generates a shield of negative energy many times lower than the vacuum of space--so no need to travel faster than light with the Alcubierre drive, nesgirl. From within this energy bubble, once the pod is normally propelled to move in space by any means, it will "move" (leap?) in time instead. It does this because the superiority of the space-time fabric that surrounds it will collapse into the former location of the pod as this one simply has to exist SOMEWHEN. This is where the mechanics of targeting planes of existence come in as a means to guide what must inevitably happen, the re-emergence of the pod. If the leaping effect was allowed to happen ex tempore, the time machine would simply resemble an aimless bullet whose ergodicity increases before settling for a certain terminus.

More to the point that you raised, deschainXIX, we are not here to prevent atrocities. There are too many--and too many universes, too. It is a moral dilemma that the secret department of my government conveniently ignores. It is not in their interests to make the megaverse a better place as it is a hopeless cause as well as a physical impossibility. The uncertainty and the entropy is simply greater than us. How far do you think we can really see? A good deed today may be indirectly leading to a future atrocity and the link isn't always detectable. This also means that an atrocity may beget a future greater good. So we leave it alone as there is no point. After all, as theory goes, all outcomes have 100% high probability in different planes.

I don't know about the history of the name "LaBerge" and whether it has anything to do with the invention of the incubators, but I do know this: in the future lucid dreaming continues to be a great source of creativity. I'm not delusional either, my friends--unless my senses are betraying me right now because the time machine in front of me appears to be very real as I see it and manipulate one of its external control tablets attached to the hull in order to transmit data. I am a government adjutant from the year 2212, I have a life and memories from that time, this is my reality. I don't think I'm crazy. I am not a fake either much less Summerlander--unless I'm also suffering from a split-personality disorder. :lol:

This is also my only online forum account. If you've never had a time traveller here before you have one now--and one that likes to discuss lucid dreaming too. In the future, the lucid dreams you record are only revealing to you if you keep them in a private place. You will also be surprised at how much you can learn about yourself by watching them, nesgirl. You'll be glad to see Warren being elected soon. There will be five more female presidents after that but I'm afraid we have a male president in 2212. His name is Corban Olubro. I don't know much about politics but I can assure you that the White House has changed a lot.

Forgive me friends if I don't post as often as you do. My work can be quite demanding and requires precision. I know I probably have failed to convince you of where I'm from but I hope that I entertain you in the least.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Dec 2014 20:06

Enra Traz wrote:
R99 wrote:
deschainXIX wrote:Maybe her hand started disappearing and she can't type up a response...

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

nice one, like in Back to the future.. :lol:

You guys are very funny. My hands are fine. :lol:

I doubt an 80's classic like Back To The Future has withstood the test of time all the way till 2212 and is still a pop culture reference in your era. And with your busy schedule, completing your important mission, I doubt you bothered to watch that movie in our time since your arrival.

So how exactly would you even get that joke and find it funny?

HA! HA! I spotted an error. I just made chump meat out of the maestro!

Enra Traz wrote:I probably have failed to convince you of where I'm from but I hope that I entertain you in the least.

You certainly have... on both counts! :mrgreen:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”