Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
Snaggle

Re: Have you ever killed a Dream Character and if so How?

Postby Snaggle » 01 Nov 2014 17:47

Peter wrote:I am really really lazy so you could tell me :|

Me too; but curiosity trumps sloth
I ran out of things to talk about and I looked him straight in the face and asked, "You know this is a dream right?" He said yes. I asked, "Do you exist?" He said, yes, I exist in your head. (It made perfect sense to me at the time. I can see him, hear him, if I wanted to I could have touched him. He exists in all the ways we define existence in reality.) Then I asked, when you leave here, and I continue with the dream elsewhere, or if I wake up, do you still exist? He didn't answer and he turned and left around a corner, but I followed to keep my eye on him. Although viewing him from behind I felt like he had morphed and upon closer inspection, I was right. He was now a different person altogether. I yelled at him, "Do you remember who you are!" I tried to jar his memory, but it was too late. He was gone, and a new body took his place, without 'him' inside. Haggart

It's an interesting question whether they stop existing when you wake up. They continue to exist in ones memory whether one remembers them or not. Another interesting question is do DC that existed in dreams you were unaware of later show up in dreams you were aware you were dreaming?
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 02 Nov 2014 05:56

AK-47'd some LD characters in a spy dream before. Also I had a pistol with three bullet and took out three people. But I never have killing dreams so these are only two occasions

[ Post made via Android ] Image

gilliankeller05

Postby gilliankeller05 » 02 Dec 2014 07:14

I had to brutally kill a DC in self defense in a dream once. Those guys were trying to rape me and kill me, it seemed... Not good...!

This group was circling around me and trapped me, then punched and kicked me to the ground. I felt every blow, I tasted the blood in my mouth. I grabbed a lead pipe and bashed the main guy in the head and the other two went running. I felt really horrified! I've never been a violent person but it seemed like either I off that character or the unpleasantness might continue, and it really hurt for me.
A very yucky time indeed!

That was a bit earlier in my dreaming experience. I guess I can't say if I was 'lucid' or not, I just had this moment where I felt compelled to act.

Other than that, more recently I have willed spirits away which has been really easy. Once I realized that I could generally be reasonable with energies that presented themselves in my dream life (which I also equate now to spiritual) I could dismiss those things.
I've had menacing triangle shapes (yeah I know, weird!), dark princes, mean ladies, etc- and even new potential rapist characters that I've simply dismissed and it works much better than actually smashing them with a pipe. LOL.... :p

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Dec 2014 09:08

I've noticed that dream characters react to our emotions and are basically projections stemming from us. Feel fear and they will become frightening, get angry and they fight back, think happy thoughts and they will be your friend.

But you can't fake emotions. You have to truly feel them. Turning a nightmare around isn't easy when you are pumped up and ready to 'fight or flight'. A hug doesn't do a thing if you are still terrified deep down.

Emotions are quite powerful if not the single greatest power and influence on a dream, lucid or otherwise. When lucid however, we can become self-aware of our emotions and alter them to a degree. That's the best way to conquer and smite a dream character that we don't want around.

And if that doesn't work I just wave my hand and they usually go flying away or smash against a wall into a dust cloud of tiny pixels and vanish. The more sentient type dream characters however are very 'concrete', vivid and solid, and my powers don't have any affect on them for some reason. That could be another topic.

Anyway, the bottom line is, sometimes we do need to fight back and dreams could sometimes teach us survival skills and throw us into situations we don't ever want to face, but prepare us. It could be evolutionary advantageous to practice survival training in the 'holodeck' of our minds. I have been attacked by wolves, leopards, and snakes. Fighting a Dream Character doesn't mean it has to be human now does it?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 02 Dec 2014 12:06

HAGART wrote:I've noticed that dream characters react to our emotions and are basically projections stemming from us. Feel fear and they will become frightening, get angry and they fight back, think happy thoughts and they will be your friend.

But you can't fake emotions. You have to truly feel them. Turning a nightmare around isn't easy when you are pumped up and ready to 'fight or flight'. A hug doesn't do a thing if you are still terrified deep down.

Emotions are quite powerful if not the single greatest power and influence on a dream, lucid or otherwise.

I used to think that emotions were the strongest affector of ones dream but due to an experience I had with a LD in which I was very scared, it showed me that isnt true.. instead belief itself seems to be the strongest affector of dreams.

Ive come to that conclusion due to a LD I had in which I was in the middle of the ocean in a small row boat with a very scary demon wanting to kill me sitting right across from me within reach. Thou I was sooo very scared of it (even thou I knew it was a dream this DC still was very scary to me), I used reason and belief to change that dream and incredibly thou I was very scared when I was trying to change the demon into something else, it still changed to something non threatening just on the belief of "this is my dream so I should be able to change this"

Just the power of belief in knowing I could change a dream, overrode the manifestion power of the emotional fear energy I still had in that dream. I was actually so scared I was shaking when I shut my eyes and tried to change him to something else. I was actually surprised when I found it had worked (as I did think the fear would stop him from going to something not scary).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Aria

Postby Aria » 22 Feb 2015 03:23

Several...but few have been memorable.

One in particular was in an extremely lucid dream...there was a competition, it was about killing this enormous, hairy beast with glowing eyes. There was this blonde man who kept trying to shoot me, but I was able to blow his legs off and try going after the monster. The man came back to life and charged me this time, gripped me in a bear hug and stared at me with this insane grin. I stabbed and slashed him in the throat so many times over everything was drenched in blood but he wouldn't let go, until the beast grabbed and ate us both.

It was extremely intense.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 25 Feb 2015 06:16

Aria wrote:Several...but few have been memorable.

Yeah, me too

The only ones I remember are dreams where there was something interesting/memorable about the enemy, or I killed in a very creative, fun way

A good example of a fun kill was one where I snuck into a villain's mansion. He was on the 2nd floor balcony. When I got there I charge at him from behind to where I was pushing him. When we got to the edge I jumped while holding him. And in that of pushing and jumping he asked me "W-what are you an[I jump] ARTIST?!?!?! :o " So we're in the air, I let go of him for a moment then grab him by the head and forced it to land on a concrete curb. The impact caused us to bounce, me being alive, him being dead.

I woke up laughing like I heard a hilarious joke :lol: . He was right; I am an artist, and not just with music ;) 8-)
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

Nickfan40

Postby Nickfan40 » 04 Mar 2015 17:54

Most of the time, my dream characters are very nice and I don't want to hurt them, but I *did* kill one of them: She was my 5th grade teacher who had been very cruel to me.

I was walking through the school, knowing every inch of it. It looked as it did when I went there, in the 1980's; it has been remodeled.

I walk up the stairs to the 5th grade section. I go into a room that I knew as my 5th grade classroom. I can see my 11 or 12-year-old self leaning against an accordion-like partition. She told me to get away from it because I was being punished for not doing my homework.

Behind my back, I am holding a knife. I tell her that she is not going to run my life anymore, that I *did* make something of myself, that she couldn't hurt me anymore. I bring my hand out from behind my back and come toward her, slashing away, Norman Bates style. The kids and the 11-12-year-old me start to scream. I don't even remember killing her, but move away, seeing her in a pool of blood, and a bloody knife in my hand. As I walk toward the door, I wake up.

It was so real that I found her number in the book and called her. I listened to her say hello a few times and hung up. I was so relieved that I hadn't killed her. I had strange dreams about her before that, but after I killed her, they never returned.

degausser44

Postby degausser44 » 05 Mar 2015 00:10

i usually kill people in my lucid dreams by pretending my hands are guns and shooting them. a bight more violent i have killed people with my hands... i do this strictly to get those people out of my dream if i have a different goal in mind

TheDude

Postby TheDude » 11 Mar 2015 02:18

I'm not sure if this really counts as killing, but I had a dream where I was a survivor in a zombie apocalypse. Although I don't remember much, I remember killing zombies in various ways on a road out in the middle of no where. I had a rough day before the dream and I guess I was just blowing off steam(even though I wasn't lucid). In any case, I enjoyed it. ;)
“All our dreams can come true – if we have the courage to pursue them.”
- Walt Disney

Return to “Dream Characters”