A Temporal Friend

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
deschainXIX

Re: A Temporal Friend

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Dec 2014 00:14

I am duly suspicious of that last line. :lol:
Anyway... we will indeed never know if they both continue to deny it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Dec 2014 00:20

I keep coming back to add stuff but you guys keep replying, and the more Summerlander replies the more he reveals.

If anyone knows a thing about criminology, the culprit is the one who has the most interest in the case more than anyone else. ;) That was the other giveaway to me. (And so many others with your choice of words, saying, "you must have faith in me")

WE GOT YA!

Maybe not. I have no proof, and we'll let a jury decide. I'll leave it be and see if others can figure out their own 'truths' not based on what I say, or your faith, but on their own logical reasoning.
Last edited by HAGART on 03 Dec 2014 00:27, edited 2 times in total.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Dec 2014 00:22

I honestly didn't intend that last line to "sound" the way it did. I think anything I say from now on will seem fishy. :-D

But I do agree that it's very unlikely we are dealing with a real time traveller. My intuition is that this is a John Titor copycat. :-P

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Dec 2014 00:28

If I wanted to, I could methodically cite and lay out all the reasons Summerlander is a prime suspect. But he denies it, and I would feel bad doing it because it's a harmless thread that we were all having fun with (I primarily enjoyed trying to figure out what was going on). It wouldn't really prove anything, either. Like in the Zodiac Killer case, everyone had their favorite suspect (and it was mostly centered on one suspect), but there was no tangible evidence that could hold up in a court of law, so the case is a mystery...

But, yeah, I see no real reason to think this person is a real time traveller. It simply makes no sense--unless Enra has been on-duty so long she's going mad and beginning to break protocol by spilling the beans in obscure lucid dreaming forums. :) And is that very likely?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Dec 2014 00:30

I edited my last post, so I'm just letting others online at the same time know that, so they read it again.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Dec 2014 00:37

Indeed there is no proof of anything, guys. But if you feel like listing the reasons why you think I'm behind this, it won't bother me. I don't know about Enra, though.

On a serious note, and pardon me for saying this, Enra, but I do think you're unhinged. I could be wrong, of course. Please don't take offence but I'm with my friends here. I don't think time travel is even possible. But what do I know? I'm only an armchair physicist. :-|

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Dec 2014 01:34

I mean, even if we grant time travel as possible (which I thought incorrect, simply because it's so problematic an idea, until I watched Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar," which bent my mind out of recognizable shape), this doesn't follow. Nonetheless, I've been riveted by each of Traz's posts--somewhat because of the Summerlander Theory--and I look forward to what else she has to say. :D
Well said.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Dec 2014 01:35

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:09, edited 2 times in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Dec 2014 01:36

This is a great exercise. This tests people on whether they should accuse Summerlander without proof and burn him like a witch or just wait and listen. This is actually a very revealing sociological experiment.

I already stated what I believe, and I have no proof, but that is my gut feeling, and if anyone knows true crime dramas like Beverly Hills Cop, Police Academy, and Assy McGee they know that police instincts are never wrong. (If you look at actual news.... well, let's not go there.)

This thread got very active in the past few hours and I felt as excited as I get when I realize I was in a dream and tell everyone I am right. I stand by what I believe, and I know it won't offend Summerlander or Enra Traz, if I am wrong. I can't wait to see what happens.

If it does turn out we were all duped, take it to heart and think about it. Question how easy it is. I was duped. But not anymore. Of course I could be wrong.... but I must take a stand on my belief and I hold fast to it. I feel like this was some sort of a Jedi Mind Trick and I passed. If not, so what? Enra get's upset? Boo Hoo!

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Dec 2014 01:42

Nesgirl, Summerlander did a check on that president Traz talked about (Warren or something like that--I don't remember the name and don't feel like checking). She is, in fact, scheduled to run for office. But this is information Summerlander could have gleaned to use as weak proof--especially since he's the one to come forward and nod his head in confirmation of what Traz said! :o

HAGART, I'm taking a class in Forensic Science at the moment, and currently we're in a unit concerning document and handwriting analysis. This line of thinking being in the forefront of my mind certainly came in handy here! Or it only proves that I was LOOKING for similarities between the rhetorical styles and such and so that's what I found. I've always had a deductive, observational mind like this, though. I don't know. Again, there's no proof whatsoever. But I could type up an essay full of all the evidences supporting my theory.
Well said.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”