A Temporal Friend

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
HAGART

Re: A Temporal Friend

Postby HAGART » 03 Dec 2014 02:02

I could type an essay too. The number of circumstances and criminal giveaways are too innumerous to comprehend, and yet, my subconscious mind can deal with it and tells me, intuitively, that I am right.

But that's why we need a jury. One person's belief cannot be the gospel for everyone.

This charade, if it is one, can still go on. This is like Law and Order. The case is solved and a criminal has been accused, but it's only half the show. ;)

deschainXIX wrote:I'm taking a class in Forensic Science at the moment, and currently we're in a unit concerning document and handwriting analysis. This line of thinking being in the forefront of my mind certainly came in handy here! Or it only proves that I was LOOKING for similarities between the rhetorical styles and such and so that's what I found. I've always had a deductive, observational mind like this, though.

Kudos to you! I wasn't even examining it under a Sherlock Holmes lens the way you were. Yet, Kudos to me, for picking it up so fast. I've been fooled before and use to be gullible. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I still have no idea and no proof, but like I said, I can confidently state what I believe because I know Enra won't be offended. I wish I could do that with everyone, and don't we all? Big lies in society we wish others would listen to.... Again, too innumerous to list.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Dec 2014 02:17

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:08, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Dec 2014 02:47

I don't listen to facts much but listen to people and intent. Listening to people and understanding human nature, and a person's psyche and their motives is my approach as a sleuth. I'm not a forensic scientist, but this has revealed that I am a psychoanalyst at heart. If Enra truly was from the future, and admittedly, is creating a new timeline, there is no future to go back to. Why bother with your mission? How do they even fund it? Working at McDonald's? If there are still humans 200 hundred years or so from now, I suspect they are a lot like me and would do the same thing: Forget protocol and just live it up, baby! They would part-ey!

I didn't have to read the space-time-matrix-mumbo-jumbo.

But if we did want to discuss time travel, yes you can slow down time if you travel closer to the speed of light and yes an orbit around a black hole is the best way to do so, but it's only in the future. Never in the past.

I have a few mind blowing thought experiments that disprove backward time travel as, I think DeschainXIX, already has said, because if it were possible, we either would not exist, or our existence would not be what it is right now. Think about it.

nesgirl

Re:

Postby nesgirl » 03 Dec 2014 03:32

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:09, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Dec 2014 03:37

Yes, very good points, HAGART. But technically we would never know if someone was influencing the past. How can I explain this ... ?

Say on your 10th birthday, you went to Seattle, Washington. If someone were to travel back in time to your 10th birthday and take you to Disneyland instead, the memory of going to Seattle would dissipate and your mind would be entirely different--logged instead with the memory of only ever going to Disneyland. Going to Seattle wouldn't exist. If the past (and our memory, and our lives/existences) is constantly in flux as a result of artificial tampering, we would never know. Our minds would constantly be warped out of shape, and we would never know it. All we can know that exists is THIS CURRENT branch of existence. Maybe two seconds ago you were a Hollywood star, until a time traveler stepped out of his temporal pod and breathed in the air in 1836, forever altering the movement of air molecules in the planet's atmosphere. Of course, I'm only conjecturing here. This is only how I suppose it would work, according to the way time travel seems to function in fiction (which is most definitely inaccurate).
Well said.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 03 Dec 2014 03:40

Is nesgirl referencing Ray Bradbury's short story, "A Sound of Thunder," upon whose ideas countless science fiction writers mimicked and expounded upon?
Here it is, if anyone is interested in giving it a read...

http://www.onebee.com/media/PDF/A_Sound_of_Thunder-Ray_Bradbury.pdf
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Dec 2014 06:36

I'm an idiot.
I only use pop culture to prove my point because I'm a TV junkie. Forgive me and bare with me....

What deschainXIX describes is close to the Schwarzenegger principle, not to be confused with Schrodinger's cat.

One had to do with time travel, the mind, and the Totall Recall of human existence, and the other is... who cares? I'm just an idiot of course.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 03 Dec 2014 11:40

I think Enra said no matter what is changed in the past, the time machine will always find its way back to the original future due to a tracking device, Hagart. I was indeed the first one to mention the only prediction Enra made which is verifiable within our lifetimes and I know how it looks but I only thought it was a good thing to highlight. It's not because I'm Enra. I do think it is a good idea to ask her more questions, though. Nesgirl, if Enra says people don't have sex any more I feel sorry for my descendants... :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 03 Dec 2014 14:30

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:09, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Dec 2014 18:39

Living in a Borg Cube must be heaven for nesgirl, and that his her utopia for the future.
(I exaggerate to make a point)
Clearly it's not and you must agree there is a compromise somewhere with your utopian vision.
We wouldn't even be "human" anymore.

Well, in this time-line, last time I checked, we are human, like it or hate it.

I have a good thought experiment involving time time travel:
Imagine if you take a single atom and send it back in time 1 second. You now have 2 identical atoms. The second one sprouted out of nowhere, pushes space to make room for itself and it took no energy to make it. Now do it again. You have 3 atoms. Now send back 2, you now have 5, send back 4, 8, 16, 32.... it grows exponentially.

You can create an infinite number of atoms in a single moment in time and it has to go somewhere and pushes space to make room and how do you account for all that new energy? You would create a 'big bang'!

Just something to think about. We can take this thread and talk about theoretical physics and time travel.

(mostly to make my future prediction come true: This will be the longest most interesting introductory thread of all time.... I think it already is.)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”