Motivational Thread

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
GalMutzafy

Motivational Thread

Postby GalMutzafy » 04 Dec 2014 22:16

Hey, just wandered a bit about if some one you guys (more experienced ones) that had times when you thought about maybe giving up lucid dreaming but you got over it and made become a great journey.

I don't need it for the record, yes it has been a while since I recalled my dreams very well and became lucid ones or twice in two weeks or so, but I am back trying hard and I think it would be a good thing to share your experiences over the years.
The best reason for having dreams is that in dreams no reasons are necessary - Ashleigh Brilliant

Derpybunneh

Re: Motivational Thread

Postby Derpybunneh » 05 Dec 2014 23:14

GalMutzafy wrote:Hey, just wandered a bit about if some one you guys (more experienced ones) that had times when you thought about maybe giving up lucid dreaming but you got over it and made become a great journey.

I don't need it for the record, yes it has been a while since I recalled my dreams very well and became lucid ones or twice in two weeks or so, but I am back trying hard and I think it would be a good thing to share your experiences over the years.

I have thought about quitting, and have slacked, but I'm working a bit harder.
LUCID DREAMS: 5
DREAMS: 9000+

“I believe that one day the Darwinian myth will be ranked the greatest
deceit in the history of science.” Søren Løvtrup

Peter

Postby Peter » 06 Dec 2014 04:32

I never get the concept about "doing lucid dreaming" or quitting. I can enhance the depth and frequency of lucid dreaming but would need to be dead to give it up as you describe as it is as natural as breathing and occurs spontaneously a lot so its an odd concept to give it up.

Really if you went to bed and really tried to seed the giving up by dwelling on it you will most likely get lucid due to the focus.

Motivation , getting motivated is BS in my opinion as what is normally called motivation is really a unavoidable by product of an interesting situation or focus not a state to be achieved on its own. To say you are motivated you must go backwards and describe what got you there and thats where the magic is.

Like being happy, you need to create a situation where happy just has to occur
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2014 06:42

I often arent motivated but dont worry about it at all as if I really, truely are longing to be doing this still, I will force myself to be more motivated and do it.

Cause I arent currently motivated, I arent having WILDs but instead just spontanous experiences every now and then. (Ive had 2 spontanous ones in about the past 2 weeks but sometimes can go months without a spontanous one if I arent motivated at all). It really doesnt matter, even if I arent bothered in trying to trigger off a LD myself, I still like reading others LD stories or helping others here.

If I was being motivated, I could be having LDs every night, I cant be bothered putting in that effort so are just going with the flow.

If someone isnt feeling at all motivated and forcing themselves to try to do this all the time and getting worked up over their lack of motivation, I cant see how that is all that constructive to LD. It would make the whole experience, not enjoyable when this whole thing should be fun and interesting.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 07 Dec 2014 09:36

Im the same way taniast, its like if I think about it or will it to happen more-so than it generally happens more often but I can go a month to weeks without a LD im actually giving it up right now cus its just a little exhausting setting my alarm and stuff or just think about it all the time. so unlike you peter I can give it up at will I guess in a way. although it seems when I give it up is when I have the most random and yet most lucid dreams ever is when I quit lucid dreaming which is funny, when I don't try I have them less but the ones I do have are much much more vivid etc. maybe a lot of peoples problems as buildit once said is that they are just trying to hard.\?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 07 Dec 2014 11:41

dreamstudent wrote: although it seems when I give it up is when I have the most random and yet most lucid dreams ever is when I quit lucid dreaming which is funny, when I don't try I have them less but the ones I do have are much much more vivid etc. maybe a lot of peoples problems as buildit once said is that they are just trying to hard.\?

I still have my dreams at the same excellent level of lucidity but my spontanous ones are often better as they generally tend to be deeper then my WILDs and I dont usually have to work at all to stay in them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 07 Dec 2014 23:37

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:51, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 08 Dec 2014 08:47

nesgirl wrote:I lost my motivation on controlling them hardly at all after middle school, after being badly bullied for several years, and having gone through severe mood swings I couldn't control back then (my mood swings now don't hold a candle to back then). Because of all the trauma, I was a complete mess and very social anxious. In real life, I would hide in my room most of the time when I wasn't working, and wouldn't come out for anything, wouldn't even talk to my childhood best friend. Even when I started going to high school, I would often just hide in the psychologists office. This reflected my behavior in my Lucid Dreams as well. I was too anxious to be controlling much of anything in my Lucid Dreams because my confidence was practically shattered. I would just huddle in a corner, and play my Gameboy Advance, controlling the gameplay and the characters in my Gameboy Advance instead. I had little motivation to control them anymore after that, and wanted nothing to do with interacting with my DCs, because I felt like they were just like humanity in reality. Bitter, vicious, cruel, and hateful.
I don't know whether it was because my psychiratrist assigned me some new medication or whether it was all the anxiety or what it was, but without warning, I stumbled upon a new WILD technique when I was in high school which I wasn't used to, and my WILDs started becoming a lot more intense of an entry. And I was either controlling my dream body to enter them, or it felt like it was being vacuum forced away from my bed by the vibrations. There were several things that startled me about my new WILD technique, and in those certain WILDs I have, in particular that cloning thing that I always do at the beginning, but once I got the hang of them, I found some new things I was able to do in these Lucid Dreams that were absolutely cool, and it re-inspired me to get back into it. One of those things was that these particular WILDs had an extraordinary level of memorized clarity in them. At first this all frightened me, and I didn't want anything to do with it. But then I became curious of what was in this new WILD technique, and I wanted to explore it more. I became motivated again. Although a couple of times from this WILD technique I did end up having some probability Lucid Dreams, which of course led me to looking up some information on probability itself.
There are still some things about that particular WILD technique I still don't understand, but I am afraid to talk about, because I am afraid of getting criticized like I did when I told a couple of users I was unconscious during the EEG while having a WILD and implied that I was a complete liar. Why would I lie about anything?! I wasn't trying to prove anything obviously. I was just enjoying my Lucid Dream.

I always believe you nesgirl I suppose that may be a weakness but I believe almost everyone who regularly posts on this site, I think when it comes to lucid dreaming you can tell by the way a person speaks about dreaming in general that will tell you in a way there knowledgability of the subject. and I like your personal quote thingy, sometimes or most the times I should say nesgirl I don't feel I belong in this universe or world whatever either... lucid dreaming lead me to start continuously thinking about time and how the universe was created etc.. which I don't want to get into cus it will start arguments but I just overthink it and it makes me anxious and unstable in a way, I don't know why.. so im gonna ease back a bit.. unfortunetly. but yeah I really liked that personal quote nesgirl

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”