A Temporal Friend

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
nesgirl

Re: A Temporal Friend

Postby nesgirl » 07 Dec 2014 17:42

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 05:03, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Dec 2014 19:33

erichsa wrote:I think Enra should move to Off Topic. It is fun but newcomers could be more than bewildered and wonder who is nuts, and stay away which is surly not what Rebecca wants.

It started out as a harmless introduction, and that's why Torakrubik let it be. She also claims to be a lucid dreamer, so we should welcome people from all ages.

But then we turned it into something else and it has become off-topic. That's not Enra's fault and they have been nothing but kind. But then again, with all our posts, we have revealed a lot about ourselves, and any new user will quickly get an understanding of all our personalities. In a way, we have introduced ourselves to new users reading this more than Enra!

So it is still an introduction thread. It introduces how nuts we all are, but people would have found out eventually! :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 08 Dec 2014 00:10

Lol. Oneironauts: most reliably characterized by a latent psychosis. But, yes... if Traz returns, this thread serves as a sort of interpersonal introduction to the various characters that wander these parts.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Dec 2014 02:03

I just learned today that elephants, baboons, and other kinds of African mammals get drunk by eating fermenting fruit from marula trees. You mentioned that you are measuring the consumption of urethane by human beings and that this has terrible latent effects on us which lead to health problems and short lifespans in the future, Enra. What about the other species of mammals? Have their lifespans remained the same? Has their health got worse? :-|

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 08 Dec 2014 14:38

I apologise for not replying sooner, my friends, but I have been so busy. I'm going to try to answer all the questions that you have posed so far. As far as I can tell, future animals haven't been significantly affected by what their ancestors are consuming today. Our situation is definitely more precarious, Summerlander.

Now, somebody asked why people don't spend their entire lives inside LaBerge incubators. Many people want to. Many people are in fact pushing for utopian virtual realities but the consensus among religious types is that the old brain in a vat is unholy. Since we are on the topic of lucid dreaming (and no, I don't feel like my introduction has been hijacked) let me just remind you all that I did say people could be in REM sleep for hours in the aforementioned incubators--not forever! The number of hours you can do is limited and it depends on what LaBerge grade you have. With the best grade, you can do seven hours of continuous REM at the most. If you happen to achieve lucidity during that time, a special anode and cathode attached to your temporal lobes will maintain the hybrid brain state (gamma).

Despite our wonderful toys, most of us still feel compelled to face waking life and at the moment we are trying to tackle many problems--short lifespans being one of them. No nutrition is fed to sleepers intravenously, deschainXIX.

Many people of my time have apparently switched off their sexual feelings in order to fully focus on the difficulties we currently face. There seems to be a prevailing meme in certain societies whereby people deem it irresponsible to indulge in sexual pleasures of any kind when focus should be on immediate dangers. So most of this anti-sexuality business in the future is probably more social than genetic. Maybe self-proclaimed asexuals are not real asexuals, but rather, individuals repressing their sexuality out of guilty. I do not know, nesgirl, but this is my theory. Perhaps the real asexual population remains the same in the future. Then again, it is worth remembering that heterosexual couples can give birth to homosexuals just as sexually active people can engender asexual human beings.

If sexual people are brought forth by mutations, as you say, these mutations surely occur during dicey biological reproduction. And why not? I am not at all weirded out by this subject, by the way. And I don't lie, Summerlander.

Cryogeny, as is the popular name in 2212, is an absolute failure in the future. Many rich celebrities and luminaries remain dead and frozen, and, to add insult to injury, nature appears to have curtailed our lifespans. We are paying for our past mistakes.

Nominal etymology took a drastic polymorphemic turn once people acquired the right to pick their names from the age of fifteen by the year 2105. But, of course, people don't exactly author their names as much as they think they do as they are exposed to all sorts of influences and suggestions. Many also have computers come up with ideas. I am indeed American and have a very American name by 23rd century standards.

As far as I know, the invention of the time machine in your epoch is ultra-secret. I am not privy to much of this information but I know the scientists involved knew that they were dealing with weird and highly uncertain science--but were quite prepared to risk the localized stability of reality for the sake of discovery. Suddenly, future foreigners began to emerge and the project is now ongoing--a project of the future as much as the past. The CIA is not involved (to my knowledge) at present and you can count on its future disbandment. The whole organisation has always been a shambles.

Religion is stronger than ever as people in our troubled times feel they need something that will give them and their children hope. But it is also more refined. There has in fact been an unprecedented reform which rendered religion more sensible and cosmopolitan. Islam predominates as most Christians converted to it by the end of the 22nd century. Many felt that Islam was the one and only revelation but that it also needed to be purged from the contamination of human evil. Even though secularism took a declension, unbelievers are free to express themselves without any fear. Islam is more compassionate than ever. I have never been discriminated against for being an agnostic.

Orbital motion does not affect the safe and secure spatial pinpoint delineated by the time-pod systems. Earth's orbit, as well as the solar system's around the Milky Way, is measured across the space-time continuum. During a quantum leap (future jargon for "time leap" besides the electron-related definition), the pod is very precise on the terminus and will primarily pinpoint the greatest source of gravitation (Earth) within the default solar orbit. In case the terminus detector fails, we activate a useful addition to our systems which can cyber-predict our planet's location at any given time--the temporal transmotion specifier. Do not underestimate our technology, Hagart. And make up your mind--either I am Summerlander/deschainXIX punking you or I am for real. Maybe you are nesgirl and I am R99! :lol:

And one cannot send the whole universe to the future or/and (subsequently) the past, or vice versa. That would be violating meta-causality and is a sure impossibility that only philosophers could concoct to boggle our minds unnecessarily.

If one can do this I am deschainXIX. :mrgreen:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Dec 2014 15:15

Fuck me, des... I mean Enra Traz! Did you really mean that last bit? For real? :-P

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 08 Dec 2014 15:17

You got me! Of course I am deschainXIX! After you devised the Boogyman topic I just couldn't help myself. I had to come up with something truly original and mind-blowing! What do you think? :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Dec 2014 15:18

I've gotta hand it to you, buddy! You had us all fooled! :-D

- Padmasambhava

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 08 Dec 2014 15:20

Just kidding. I am really Enra Traz, the time traveller. I can play that game too, y'know! ;)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Dec 2014 15:21

Fuck me! And I thought the mystery was over! It just deepened! C'mon, des, it's really you, right? :-D

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Introduce Yourself”