Can someone tell me what this was?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Darkthoughts

Can someone tell me what this was?

Postby Darkthoughts » 09 Dec 2014 04:01

Keep in mind, I have only heard of techniques about lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis, never successfully done them.

So a couple days ago, I was awake up until like 3 in the morning, and I decided to give up and go to sleep. I then fell asleep for either a couple seconds or ten minutes, my memory is twisted there. I then closed my eyes to go back to sleep, and I was deafened by high-pitched ringing and strong vibrations, mainly in my head. I opened my eyes out of fear, and they closed again for pure exhaustion. I was then thrust into a dream, I knew this because I was standing up. I then forced myself awake for reasons I don't know. I then let myself go back to sleep, vibrations and ringing returning, and I tried to recreate what I had done the first time, visualizing a dream. I was then thrust into an incredibly lucid dream, and after it was over I lost awareness that I was dreaming and went into a dream where I was not lucid whatsoever until like the VERY end.

My question is, did I just subconciously understand what to do during sleep paralysis or something? Because I understand that I was most likely paralyzed, but I was not even aware of it, I wasn't even trying to move after I woke up the very first time.

P.S., is anyone aware of a way to quickly go into paralysis without being close to bed time? I have these weird, irrational fears around then and I get discouraged from trying a lot.

nesgirl

Re: Can someone tell me what this was?

Postby nesgirl » 09 Dec 2014 05:58

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Dec 2014 14:26

I then let myself go back to sleep, vibrations and ringing returning, and I tried to recreate what I had done the first time, visualizing a dream. I was then thrust into an incredibly lucid dream,

You did a WILD at that point (wake induced lucid dream).

My question is, did I just subconciously understand what to do during sleep paralysis or something? Because I understand that I was most likely paralyzed, but I was not even aware of it, I wasn't even trying to move after I woke up the very first time.

You may or may not have been in a sleep paralyses state, you'd know had you tried to more. Not everyone experiences it (thou unless you physically act out all your dreams, we all go into it when asleep). I rarely get it (I dont need it for a WILD), its best not to make a deal out of sleep paralyes. I think some are actually in the start of dreams and dream they are experiencing it cause they think about it. (with dreaming, one often creates whatever one thinks).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 10 Dec 2014 01:10

Darkthoughts wrote:Keep in mind, I have only heard of techniques about lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis, never successfully done them.

So a couple days ago, I was awake up until like 3 in the morning, and I decided to give up and go to sleep. I then fell asleep for either a couple seconds or ten minutes, my memory is twisted there. I then closed my eyes to go back to sleep, and I was deafened by high-pitched ringing and strong vibrations, mainly in my head. I opened my eyes out of fear, and they closed again for pure exhaustion. I was then thrust into a dream, I knew this because I was standing up. I then forced myself awake for reasons I don't know. I then let myself go back to sleep, vibrations and ringing returning, and I tried to recreate what I had done the first time, visualizing a dream. I was then thrust into an incredibly lucid dream, and after it was over I lost awareness that I was dreaming and went into a dream where I was not lucid whatsoever until like the VERY end.

You fell asleep, then you either had a false awakening that transformed into a lucid dream or you really woke up, then fell into a dream state inspired by REM muscle atonia or sleep paralysis and then entered a lucid dream. I would not call this a WILD merely because the chance of you starting awareness in a False Awakening is too high, the follow up might have been a False Awakening too.

P.S., is anyone aware of a way to quickly go into paralysis without being close to bed time? I have these weird, irrational fears around then and I get discouraged from trying a lot.

You just had two SP experiences with no Old Hag or Hat man - you should assume that they will not show up until they do, even if they do come they might not be scary. My own Hat man radiated pure love at me :D
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”