Sleep paralysis during the day. How?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Darkthoughts

Sleep paralysis during the day. How?

Postby Darkthoughts » 10 Dec 2014 01:35

I'd like to know if it is possible to enter sleep paralysis easily and purposefully during the day. The main reason I want to do this is so that I can attempt an OBE somewhere that I can see things I wouldn't be able to otherwise, like in another room, so I can kinda prove if OBEs are just WILDs or something. So does anyone have any techniques for inducing sleep paralysis during the day?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

nesgirl

Re: Sleep paralysis during the day. How?

Postby nesgirl » 10 Dec 2014 04:07

Last edited by nesgirl on 21 May 2015 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Darkthoughts

Postby Darkthoughts » 10 Dec 2014 05:37

Yeah, I mean not in my bed. Like sitting in a chair.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 10 Dec 2014 06:10

Darkthoughts wrote:I'd like to know if it is possible to enter sleep paralysis easily and purposefully during the day. The main reason I want to do this is so that I can attempt an OBE somewhere that I can see things I wouldn't be able to otherwise, like in another room, so I can kinda prove if OBEs are just WILDs or something. So does anyone have any techniques for inducing sleep paralysis during the day?

You've two false assumptions in your goal: firstly that one needs to enter SP to OBE; secondly that one needs to be resting to have an OBE. If SP really is Rem muscle atonia anything that happens will likely be a dream state; though if it is a dream state one might still have accurate visions of the real world in them (assuming remote viewing is real).

Stephen la Berg has mainly copied milam technique (AKA dream yoga). There has been centuries of experience with both milam and phowa (OBE yoga) by countless practitioners. Phowa happens will awake and has no SP associated with it. You can look for yourself at Phowa; but be warned that Phowa is a death rite in which Lama's con the laity into believing they've forced the spirit of a corpse out and guided it in the after death state. Subject: Tibetan Buddhism.

OBE can be a both in the body and out of it experience too. The whole subject is much more complex than lucid dreaming and someone wanting to test whether or not OBE are real would have to test all the separate types.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 10 Dec 2014 06:31

Darkthoughts wrote:Yeah, I mean not in my bed. Like sitting in a chair.

Sitting in a chair is a bit tricky, but I've had WILDs while sitting at a chair or a desk as well.
To have a WILD in a chair, propping it in a specific position is usually a really good idea. It is possible if you lean yourself back into the chair to do so. Stay awake if you are tired enough, and you'll fall asleep. U
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 10 Dec 2014 08:34

Id say if you were to attempt to induce a wild or obe in daylight id highly suggest a few things:
1. Sleep deprive yourself for about a day or so or maybe even just deprive yourself a few hours from your normal amount of sleep.
2. Once your laying in chair, id suggest having a blindfold or a sleeping mask of some sort to block out light, I say this because I actually owned a sleeping mask and i noticed my lucid dreams were much more stable because of the pitch dark and no light was getting through my eye lids, most importantly though it helped me maintain a deep sleep which is exactly what you need to attempt this during the day. (you could use some tape and a rag to do this, just make sure not to do it so tight as masks are uncomfortable to wear at first and you need to get comfortable with them, but also if your really tired, you could easily fall asleep with it on.
3. No-noise it is important you are uninterrupted while attempting this as you may be close to sp and relize your mother walks in room and begins talking to you or something else, quit is importance, other than that it might take a few attempts but definitely possible.

Best of luck let us know how it goes.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Dec 2014 14:28

First of all, I dont understand at all why you think sleep paralyses is necessarily for an OBE.

so I can kinda prove if OBEs are just WILDs or something

If you have an experience which you prove was just a dream, that doesnt make OBEs necessarily dreams. It is possible to "dream" one is having an OBE when one isnt.

What I think is the best way to start having OBEs (and how I did, Ive spent AGES before this trying all other techniques without success) is to get hold of (or find it and read it online, it is online) Denning and Phillips astral projection program. This step by step OBE program is in a book called "Astral Projection The Out-of-Body Experience" It teaches how to build up energy and use it for a projection.

Note.. to do Astral projection, one doesnt have to be asleep. In fact I think its far better when one isnt asleep but rather more so just in a meditation like state as it makes it less likely dream stuff will be coming into it.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”