Really cool technique for dream stabilization

How to control and prolong lucid dreams, increase the intensity, work with dream characters, and communicate with the subconscious.
imaginecinema

Really cool technique for dream stabilization

Postby imaginecinema » 09 Dec 2014 05:55

Basically all the lucid dreams that I have had have been really really short because I have had trouble controlling them and often don't really know what I want and I then forget that I'm dreaming altogether because my dreams are generally really fuzzy. I tried the "clarity now!" or "increase lucidity!" technique but that just made the dream really unstable and as soon as I turned on a higher level of lucidity, I immediately turned it off because I felt like the dream was about to collapse. However, a few nights ago I basically did something random in a dream that I wouldn't normally have done that resulted in a super clear and stable dream, in fact things were so clear that I got so excited that I woke myself up (and also I didn't want to be late for work, I think).

Like many problems, the most uncannily effective solution comes from doing the last thing you would think of- in a dream, the last thing I would expect myself to do, or the last thing that I would think of, is going to sleep. Like, why would I do that? I mean, I'm already asleep and I'm already dreaming, you know? But for some reason I felt the dream crumbling around me and I kind of lay down on the couch next to me and started trying to sleep as a last resort to hop inside my own head and preserve the dream. And it basically worked, I hopped down a dream level simply by laying still and not moving my body, and just by picturing images in my head, and then inserting myself into and becoming apart of the moving images in my head and then just absorbing into that environment- and it was so much calmer, stabler, and clearer, and I had almost complete control. It was just really awesome, and I'll have to try it out. I want to see if this works for other people, so if you've tried going down multiple levels on purpose, please let me know, I'm guessing so far that the further you go down, the more clear and lifelike the dream will become, as it's becoming more and more separated from your waking consciousness. But hey, I could be wrong and there's plenty to explore, and I'll figure out more as I go along.

On another note, I just entered in the 215th dream into my dream journal. That's sort of a huge milestone so I'm going to celebrate that, as I've had a dream journal for nearly two years now!

Cheers to everyone,
-Daniel

dreamstudent

Re: Really cool technique for dream stabilization

Postby dreamstudent » 10 Dec 2014 20:18

Very interesting, i haven't ever purposfully gone asleep in a dream while lucid, but I have accidently and I noticed something similar to what your suggesting that the deeper dream levels you go into like example a dream within a dream within a dream, it becomes more stable and more real especially when lucid, it'd the craziest thing ever. But yeah definitely try it again I know I will try to intentionally fall asleep to get into a higher and deeper dream state but let us know how it goes.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 13 Dec 2014 21:06

Aw yes, here I am a month later and you still haven't replied, I'd like to say happily I tried your method and it slightly worked but more so it didn't. I was lucid and immidietly I laid down and tried to sleep into a deeper level but as I laid down I only succeeded in perceiving complrte darkness lucidly within a dream for the first time and feeling like I can't go asleep inside a dream, I felt a bit stupid after trying it cus it failed SSO epicly, I am going to try it again and I hope it gets to the extent of your usage of the method. Anyway I just got up and looked at the beautiful hillside covered in fall trees and then a dark mist cloud complete with a dash of lightning emersed itself over the beautiful land I had little control and the LD was nice but not that nice I wished your method would of worked. On a side note I did t try it for that long maybe a few seconds before I gave up so its pry that.

imaginecinema

Postby imaginecinema » 25 Dec 2014 03:52

Sorry I did see your reply the first time; I simply didn't see any specific need to reply; you didn't ask any questions.

I've actually had four lucid dreams within the past month; it's crazy- I rarely have lucid dreams at all. There was one time when I had lucid dreams maybe once a month, and then there was a time where I didn't have them at all but now I have them like really frequently so I'm hoping that they'll start happening once a week, maybe even up to every other night that'd be nice.

I think I know why it didn't work for you that time. It wasn't necessarily "going to sleep" that did it for me- I actually tried to picture images in my head when I lay down and closed my eyes, like without moving my dream body. Like you tried to go to sleep, but it sounds like you just were kind of trying to go to sleep rather than trying to picture things in your head and then concentrate on them- what I'm saying is that it maybe failed because you didn't focus on anything, you just pictured darkness, so you got increased lucidity but nothing but darkness. So... yeah, no method works 100% but please try again I'd like to know how this works.

In the last lucid dream I had, I forgot to use that method altogether; there wasn't much time for me to do anything, although I do remember hovering above the ground because I got tired of walking so I just floated; it was awesome but I wish I had been mindful of myself enough to try that method again. I was outside so I guess I wasn't really thinking about going to sleep. Anyways, have fun.

deric23

Postby deric23 » 01 Feb 2015 18:15

Was it like Bob Dylan's 215th dream? ;)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 16 Oct 2015 01:22

I'm not sure this will work for everyone but great stuff--you have found what works best for you. 8-)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Dream Control Specifics”