Spectator Dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
R99

Spectator Dream?

Postby R99 » 11 Dec 2014 10:09

I am having a kind of dream that i would like to call it as "Spectator Dreams". The specialty of the dream is, I am not in it. Its like watching a movie or an event in movie cam style. and another weird part is, even if u managed to know its a dream u cant control or enter the scene. Only thing u can do is watch it or wake up from it. Till the date i had some dreams like a football match , comedy show, a short story etc etc... What it means? What kind of odd dreams are theses? anyone had any similar experience???
I see the Truth now.

nesgirl

Re: Spectator Dream?

Postby nesgirl » 11 Dec 2014 20:14

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

R99

Postby R99 » 13 Dec 2014 17:14

okay, then y cant i control it. Am well assure its a dream, but it cant be controlled. when i try to control it, it fades away. Not bcoz of outside world influence, its just fades away.
I see the Truth now.

nesgirl

Postby nesgirl » 13 Dec 2014 19:12

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:31, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Dream Scout

Postby Dream Scout » 04 Apr 2015 22:14

I dream like this all the time. I'm afraid that RCs will not work because I never control anything in dreams, I just watch. Please, can somebody help me!? My life goal is to have a lucid dream. Can it be impossible for me, since I only watch my dreams? Can somebody reply?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
First Lucid Dream Birthday: April 22
Number of Lucid Dreams: 2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 05 Apr 2015 19:21

When I used to meditate a lot, I'd get this when I was meditating, so I think this may be at times caused by another state.. a kind of like watcher/awareness state where one is observing subconscious thought flow be it just hearing it or seeing it (as on a movie screen or whatever but where you are outside of like it, just observing).

And yeah, I never found I could change it either while in this this observer state... to even try is to drop out as then you are trying to interact.. Even trying alters this state as I've found you need to stay detached to stay in it.

At one point I used to be like this all night every night.. just watching dreams but unable to interact with them....

I also had one of my prophecy experiences I watched the future, on one of those like movie clips (apparently they aren't uncommon in psychics, there are some famous psychics which get their info in this way at times).

Anyway, you could be getting more in a meditation state. (its possible to sleep in like an aware trance state)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 06 Apr 2015 00:52

R99, Perhaps you could try a round-about way of developing more dreaming flexibility and participation. During the day, while in a relaxed, day dreaming mood, practice incubating some changes to the way you observe dreams.

For instance, recall a scene from one of your "dream movies", then imagine that you are viewing this same scene from the right side, then from the left side, then while floating above and looking down on the scene.

You could also image being outside the scene but seeing a small object from the dream materialize in your hand, or you view the object in a mirror.

Or pretend you're a movie director speaking through a microphone to dream actors, and ask them to replay the scene with a slight change in the action or dialog.

Also, you could draw a dream character or object, or act out part of the dream.

- jasmine2

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”