Being a Fictional Character in a Dream

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Aria

Being a Fictional Character in a Dream

Postby Aria » 11 Dec 2014 21:34

So...I've gotten a few different interpretations on this, but I don't feel that what I heard fits.

In a dream recently I was Arya Stark, from Game of Thrones. But at the beginning of the dream I was me...I got a different "job" at some point in the dream, they drugged me and I woke up as Arya on these strange docks far from the mainland with half-sunken buildings poking out of the water. I ended up doing a lot of fishing, and I never saw another soul the rest of the dream.

Really I'm just asking what you guys think it means to be a fictional character in a dream.

deschainXIX

Re: Being a Fictional Character in a Dream

Postby deschainXIX » 11 Dec 2014 22:41

Hello, Aria.

I think it means you really enjoy that fictional character. We often dream of what our minds dwell on during the day. I've done it all the time when I become obsessed with some fiction or other. Flipping through my dream journal, I'm seeing several instances of me dreaming about being Roland Deschain (a gunslinger from one of my favorite series of gothic fiction literature), whom my username is based on, as well as some of the other characters in those books. It happens.

Hope I helped. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Aria

Postby Aria » 11 Dec 2014 23:36

Roland from the Dark Tower series? I love those books, but I never got to read all of them.

That would be the logical explanation, lol. But thanks, I appreciate any feedback.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Dec 2014 00:58

Yeah. It's awesome that you've heard of The Dark Tower. Definitely King's magnum opus.

Anyway, you're welcome for the feedback. :D
Well said.

Sacred Fire

Postby Sacred Fire » 13 Dec 2014 03:55

Well... it's kind of as deschain said; sometimes our dreams regress to what our minds become preoccupied with. I do believe something deeper can be pulled from these types of dreams, however.

I had a similar dream a couple of months back that I was Fox McCloud in what is clearly a 'Super Smash Bros.'-esque scenario, but there were a couple of anime characters included. Anyways, I believe these characters can reflect both qualities we desire for ourselves, and those we already posses. I often wish I shared Fox's sense of confidence and fearlessness as well as being as proficiently well-rounded, but there is one thing I know we have in common; we're quietly humble about our achievements, knowing that not every victory can be celebrated, for there is always another battle to fight (so to speak).

In context to the dream itself, I still have yet to discover its meaning, as I've only just started trying to interpret them, so I'm guessing it's probably a little late for that. Lol. Though, if you want to look at it to judge for yourself, I wouldn't mind posting it here. Just let me know. :D

Aria

Postby Aria » 14 Dec 2014 03:35

I thought as much. It's funny how complex dreams can be while some are so meaningless. You've gotta decide for yourself which are which, I suppose.

I've been told in waking life that Arya and I are very alike, and that may have contributed, but I'm sure there is deeper meaning to it.

Also, StarFox is awesome.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”