BASIC

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
REMsleep

BASIC

Postby REMsleep » 13 Dec 2014 05:58

This is the basics of dreaming:
1 Everyone dreams. When we are in deep sleep, it is called REM sleep. Please research REM sleep, online.
2 When we are in REM sleep, we all lose control of our muscles, and the dream always seems crazy.
3 If we wake up during REM sleep, we think we are crazy and have no control of our muscles. It is NORMAL.
4 To prevent awaking feeling crazy and weak, we just must get more sleep. Go to bed earlier, at night.
5 Regarding nightmares: Sleep is sorting out the day's events. Stop watching the news before bedtime.
6 Seek pleasant experiences daytime and we will have pleasant dreams.
7 Finally, it is either faith or fear. Research online: Born-again Christianity.

nesgirl

Re: BASIC

Postby nesgirl » 13 Dec 2014 07:38

Last edited by nesgirl on 20 May 2015 01:34, edited 1 time in total.
Goodbye forever...
I dare you Summer and Deschain, to find where I am hiding, and try to attack.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 13 Dec 2014 12:10

REMsleep wrote:This is the basics of dreaming:
1 Everyone dreams. When we are in deep sleep, it is called REM sleep. Please research REM sleep, online.
2 When we are in REM sleep, we all lose control of our muscles, and the dream always seems crazy.
3 If we wake up during REM sleep, we think we are crazy and have no control of our muscles. It is NORMAL.
4 To prevent awaking feeling crazy and weak, we just must get more sleep. Go to bed earlier, at night.
5 Regarding nightmares: Sleep is sorting out the day's events. Stop watching the news before bedtime.
6 Seek pleasant experiences daytime and we will have pleasant dreams.
7 Finally, it is either faith or fear. Research online: Born-again Christianity.

I'm sure this will be helpful for many beginners or info seekers.
Now for what's wrong with it

1. "Deep Sleep" is Delta Wave dreamless sleep - the sleep that normally precedes REM sleep.

2. and 3. REM muscle atonia precedes REM dreams/sleep in my experience. It has always been controversal whether or not Sleep Paralysis is a type of dream or whether the experiencers are really awake. I've been in real waking REM muscle atonia and one is really awake with no dream distortions or paralysis. Even when asleep and in RMA people can do small muscle movements (if one believes Stephen LaBerg's research) Rem dreams tend to be more vivid in a number of ways rather than "crazy". IMO SP is a type of dream.

4. People suffering from SP and Old Hag experiences typically are afraid of falling asleep and insomniacs, so going to bed earlier will not help them at all. They need to face their fear and realize that there terrors are just dreams (whether or not they're awake).

5. and 6. Though one can and should incubate dreams, one will always have both dreams and nightmares.

7. No, it's either reason or faith One should believe nothing and test everything - dogmas and conclusions are intellectual laziness and cripple ones ability to be rational. In my personal experience Christianity causes: fear; guilt and gloom. Fear because Pascal's Wager is it's big selling point and P. Wager is truly crazy, much like taking Old Hags are real ;) Guilt and gloom because to be a Christian one has to care only about oneself and not care that one's God will torture forever and without mercy most of the people one loves - how can one not feel gloom if one believes in it or feel guilt over worshipping such a God.

Personally I rejected your God when I still believed in him and that he would torture me forever for doing so. Got rid of my Christian gloom and guilt when I did so and facing dragon's fearless they when one knows one can't beat them is something that creates both courage and valor (worthiness or self love). I realized what a fool I had been to believe in him or any other belief only afterwards. Since I had been tortured in real life I had a pretty good imagination about what being tortured foe eternity would be like. I chose to treat your God like the other torturers i had never yielded to and fought in real like and later to treat all religious claims the same way I would treat any claim.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Dec 2014 13:56

One only feels crazy with Lucid dreaming if one didnt know what was going on... And going to bed earlier wont help one who doesnt understand their own experiences so hence feeling crazy. Whether something seems crazy or not, its all about ones understanding of the situation.

The weirder the LD, the more interesting I usually find it. (I brought talking dolls into my last lucid dream.. and nope they werent like Chucky hahah). So one could say I aim for crazy things :D . Its not something at all to fear. I even found a face crawling in ants not far from my own, interesting. It sounds to me that you have fears around this stuff when there is no reason to fear.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 26 Dec 2014 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

R99

Postby R99 » 13 Dec 2014 15:06

I used to be a christian. then something changed. my mind expanded. I am more like a human now, I dont believe in God like figures. Sure Christ gave us some hope to live for. well that hope is for people that dont think or too lazy to figure out what is life. I like to think Christ as a great thinker. He teaches about how to behave and the basics for life to make it smooth and trouble free. And he also pointed out how energy works (soul), and great powers of it. "Unknown years of Christ"(12 to 30 years of his age) is still missing from Bible. There are lots of theories about it. Some says he traveled the world in search of knowledge, who knows...
Here is a link to know about these missing years of Christ and speculations--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_years_of_Jesus

decide ur self. am not forcing anything, ur welcome to ignore. Religion always says "this is the only way", and i dont like it. It makes a person narrow minded. 8-)
I see the Truth now.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 24 Dec 2014 00:27

R99 wrote:I used to be a christian. then something changed. my mind expanded. I am more like a human now, I dont believe in God like figures. Sure Christ gave us some hope to live for. well that hope is for people that dont think or too lazy to figure out what is life. I like to think Christ as a great thinker. He teaches about how to behave and the basics for life to make it smooth and trouble free. And he also pointed out how energy works (soul), and great powers of it. "Unknown years of Christ"(12 to 30 years of his age) is still missing from Bible. There are lots of theories about it. Some says he traveled the world in search of knowledge, who knows...
Here is a link to know about these missing years of Christ and speculations--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unknown_years_of_Jesus

decide ur self. am not forcing anything, ur welcome to ignore. Religion always says "this is the only way", and i dont like it. It makes a person narrow minded. 8-)

What a pleasure for me to see that people think that way (or the other! :) ).

Actually I think I have heard of a religion (more like ideology as it seems to me now) that gives complete freedom of thinking and there is not right or wrong. I don't remember the name. I'll have to search that..
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

R99

Postby R99 » 24 Dec 2014 16:49

I think Buddha is the only one who made it to the higher level of awareness. All other religion or great God like figures failed to show the people whats the truth. Because of it people started to fear the unknown, and in that fear they failed to explore them self and started following unfinished idealism. Buddhist have no God figure, they follows Buddha as a spiritually enlightened being.

Truth is bitter, thats why people dont like to question their belief system.
I see the Truth now.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 16 Mar 2015 14:12

R99 wrote:I think Buddha is the only one who made it to the higher level of awareness. All other religion or great God like figures failed to show the people whats the truth. Because of it people started to fear the unknown, and in that fear they failed to explore them self and started following unfinished idealism. Buddhist have no God figure, they follows Buddha as a spiritually enlightened being.

Truth is bitter, thats why people dont like to question their belief system.

Well said.. I was actually talking about the Thelema, though.
Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.

~David Gerrold

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”