Dream Signs Question

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
MercyStrange

Dream Signs Question

Postby MercyStrange » 15 Dec 2014 16:24

So, I've been trying a new way to become Lucid, and I wanted to start identifying dream signs to spark lucidity, but I'm confused as to what I should be putting. If something odd shows in my dream(for example, an alien?) but it only shows in one dream, should I still make a note of it? Or should I only make myself more aware of signs that show up more than once? Like, For the past few years, I almost always have at least 1 dream that I'm in a school, for every few weeks or so. Should I count that as a dream sign? Or? Could someone maybe explain this in detail to me? Thanks.
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

HAGART

Re: Dream Signs Question

Postby HAGART » 15 Dec 2014 17:25

I don't have a list of dream signs, but every now and then a recurring dream can trigger lucidity. So I would say that a dream sign doesn't have to be an object, but it can be a situation, and it's important that they are recurring for you and that's the main point.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 15 Dec 2014 17:35

That definitely makes sense. I wasn't too sure though, thanks for replying. :)
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Dec 2014 11:18

You could use either thing, the school or "strange things". Dont try to use a defined thing in which is not commonly in your dreams.

To try to trigger becoming lucid for anything strange.. start looking around you at times during the day asking yourself questions while you look "is there anything strange here? anything which shouldnt be? anything which wouldnt be in my "real life'? Spend a 30 seconds or so looking around you, looking for anything strange 2-3 days per day.

That way if an alien shows up or anything else weird.. you will hopefully know you are dreaming. Do make sure in real life that you do a reality check if you notice anything strange too. Dont forget. Get in the habit of it if that situation presents. (I rarely witness strange stuff in real life but always check if I do eg 4 months ago I was out somewhere and every single car parked down a road was blue.. so of cause I reality checked.. unfortuately it wasnt LD thou I could of sworn it was from that weird thing).

To use "school" as a LD triggger, if you go to school in real life, you need to start doing reality check every time you go there and find yourself in "school".

If you dont still in real life go to school, you'll need to just tell yourself as you are falling asleep each night that you will wake up in a dream if you find yourself at school as you shouldnt be there so means you are dreaming. Think about this as you fall asleep each night.

So both those triggering things will work really well together if you do both the school thought as you all asleep and the "anything strange"? checks during the day several times. When you do is the anything strange checks, clocks are good to check out too to see if they will do anything strange.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”