We dream what we believe, and believe what we dream.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
HAGART

We dream what we believe, and believe what we dream.

Postby HAGART » 12 Dec 2014 05:25

Someone prove me wrong. If not, we will continue a futile cycle.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

buildit

Re: We dream what we believe, and believe what we dream.

Postby buildit » 12 Dec 2014 06:23

I don't believe I can fly, but I do in my dreams. Maybe you'd be better to say our dreams reflect what we aspire to obtain in the real world.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 13 Dec 2014 14:17

I used to not believe in Jesus .. Im not Christain but then he appeared in my dreams a couple of times. Interestingly Ive had Indian gods in my dreams too. So I think we dream anything we can imagine rather then we dream what we believe. Of cause if we believe in it, its even more likely we will dream it.

I dont believe what I dream. I think its just stuff from the subconsciousness and I dont see LD as "real".
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

R99

Postby R99 » 13 Dec 2014 14:29

First Proof- I used to think lip to lip kisses are disturbing... well... my point of view is changed by an unbelievable dream. now am waiting for that first kiss.

Second Proof- I always wonder. how the heck people rides an over powered cruiser bike in such an easy way. again one particular dream changed my skeptic nature. (and that experience directed me straight to lucid dream.)
I see the Truth now.

R99

Postby R99 » 13 Dec 2014 14:40

taniaaust1 wrote:Interestingly Ive had Indian gods in my dreams too.

Thats interesting.... but let me tell u this. Most of the God like figures in traditional texts are only symbolizes certain Nature of Human or Mother Nature. eg. Lord Shiva from Hindu religion referred as unlimited Knowledge. Its not as real as they prescribe him. If u think this way, most of God like figures gonna make more sense. Like what they represents and why they created for.
I see the Truth now.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 14 Dec 2014 22:54

My opening post was quite ambiguous wasn't it?
It sparks thoughts though and that's why I haven't replied.
I'm still thinking and trying to define, 'belief'.

I'm still not sure what spurred me to create this thread, but it felt good at the time.

(Belief doesn't have to be religious. You can hear a weather man say it will be sunny tomorrow, go to sleep, dream of a sunny day, and then wake up to find out it's raining.)

Unless you are psychic you wouldn't know so we tend to get programmed by our daily lives and then build dreams upon them. Those are beliefs to me. And if you claim to be psychic, perhaps that is a belief too and you might just be fooling yourself with believing what you dream, and dreaming what you believe.

buildit

Postby buildit » 15 Dec 2014 05:36

I think that dreams are far more often how and where we investigate and form our opinions about reality. The real question is why do we need to use dreams to review these events in our lives? Is there a benefit to revisiting these things in our dreams instead of using conscious thought? It is generally accepted that the unconscious mind is a better analytical instrument that the conscious mind so is this why reviewing events in our dreams is better or necessary sometimes?
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 15 Dec 2014 07:55

I'm glad that you, Buildit, and others, challenged this. I get what you were saying in that last post Buildit, and tried to explain my thoughts for myself below, but its hard to put into words. I think we are kind of on the same page, but I dunno. I might be on a whole different book from everybody!
Anyway, here it goes, and this is off on a tangent now, but I think I might actually be on to something:

My philosophy now is that anything I do in a lucid dream, no matter how awesome and mind bending, is just stroking my ego. I want to escape it and see how it's a futile cycle of self-gratitude. Dreams are not what you do and accomplish, but how you feel when doing it. That's all there is and there is no reward when you wake up, no trophy at your bedside. Just feelings. They are fun, don't get me wrong. But to what end? It's just feelings.

What else is there beyond feelings, and beliefs of anything?

I think it's 'the void' as some call it.

I have yet to achieve that, but that is my goal. That is my destination. Not a direction, but nothingness in it's entirety. It's so abstract it's beyond words.

With no beliefs.

(I started this thread, not knowing where it would go, and it led me to nowhere, and my whole reply sounds ridiculous doesn't it?)
To me, the word, 'nowhere' can become... 'NOW HERE!'

My reply had no apparent meaning, but I got it. This is just a riddle thread now! But I somehow make sense to myself for some reason.

I think a few others got what I was saying... maybe.

buildit

Postby buildit » 15 Dec 2014 23:47

Was the correct answer "Blue"? :lol:

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Dec 2014 02:30

Yes, but which shade?

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”