lucid dreaming recall

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Soulkashi

lucid dreaming recall

Postby Soulkashi » 16 Dec 2014 19:32

Hello, I need some help to learn how to lucid dream ive kept a dream journal for 1 week and i only have 1 dream maybe everyother night:( i need help boosting my recall and figuring out how to lucid dream from someone who was in the same position as i and learned how thanks!!(:

[ Post made via Android ] Image

MercyStrange

Re: lucid dreaming recall

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Dec 2014 19:53

Hi there,
I used to have the same exact issue! Here's how i broke past that, and I now remember at the very least 2 dreams a night(just a few nights ago, i was able to recall 5 dreams, and One of which was Lucid!).
First of all, You have to want it. Find motivation, and be persistent! Never give up! The more you're trying to recall, the more you will, with time of course. Think about it like this: Your brain is basically a muscle, and if you keep trying to recall your dreams and training your brain to remember, you're strengthening it.(That thought always helped me keep at it!) When you first wake up in the morning, just sit there. Think, don't get frustrated if you can't recall any dreams immediately. Even to this day, when i wake up, i can't always remember my dreams right away. It takes me a couple minutes to actually think about it, (Unless i wake up at night, which I'm a light sleeper so i do a lot). Which brings me to my next point. Just like attempting WBTB and WILD, i find that waking up after around 6 hours of sleep, or after my REM sleep, I can very easily recall the dreams I had recently. Don't force it though, I find that trying to "force" my mind to recall dreams, actually makes it harder to recall! Everyone's different of course, but that's my experience. Never give up, always write your dreams down when you remember them(even if it's just a small fraction of the dream, write it down!), and tell yourself at night "I can recall my dreams If i want to, This is my mind, and I can do it!" I do this every night now, and I find it quite helpful! Once you start recalling more of your dreams, It'll be easier to start Lucid dreaming. Like I said before, be persistent, and never give up. Keep trying different methods and doing reality checks, and you'll Become Lucid. My first Lucid dream was actually a DILD(dream induced lucid dream), and happened as a result of questioning my reality/becoming more aware of my surroundings.
I hope that helps! (:
"For a Dreamer, Night's The Only Time of Day."

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 16 Dec 2014 21:36

Thanks!!(: i have alot of motavation and i really wanna lucid but ehen i think about it before bed i cant sleep because i get too excited and every since ive kept a dream journal its like i remeber like none now haha ive been trying hard but maybe im trying to hard.any more suggestions? Thanks(:

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Dec 2014 21:56

About the getting excited: Just close your eyes and try to clear your mind. Obviously that's easier said than done but, try this(It's basically part of a method that goes along with MILD), repeat this in your head "I will have a lucid dream" or something like "I will remember my dreams" and just repeat it over and over again until you start to feel real sleepy. I took that out of the MILD technique, and use it to kind of calm my mind down, and for me, it works wonders, not only for getting it in my head that I'll have a lucid dream, or remember my dreams, but it also gets my mind on ONE topic, rather than a million, and it helps me fall asleep quicker. Just find something that works for you. I wish you luck on your lucid journal! (:

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 16 Dec 2014 22:01

Thanks ill try that i usally have a problem when i thing of anything when i fall alseep i usslly wont fall asleep when i thinj of anything when i try to fall asleep haha do you mind if i add you on facebook so we can keep in touch?(: im really trying to learn how to ld and it would be alot better learning from omeone whos been in the same spot haha

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Dec 2014 22:05

I'm not on facebook anymore, sorry. If you really wanna keep in touch, you can either message me from this site or on Gmail? It's up to you, but I'd be more than happy to.

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 16 Dec 2014 22:12

Oh okay haha and thanks this site is okay whenever you got time thanks alot(: basically i have eh okay recall and ive tryed listening to binural beats and stuff but i can never fall asleep thinking of anything:( i wish i could and learn to become lucid but its like to more i try, the less i remeber my dreams and the more frustrated i get haha, but last night i was practicing wbtb and at 2 i woke up and dint remember and thing and got so mad and said im done trying im sycing myself out, the i fell asleep and had the longest vidid dream that i remebered everything XD so thats what kept my faith its like when i dont try i dream more did that happen to you?

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Dec 2014 22:19

Actually, yes. It's kind of annoying too! But I can safely tell you, after a couple months of determination, It got a lot easier, and I started remembering more dreams. Try really hard not to get frustrated! I find that it makes it much harder to accomplish anything when you're frustrated. Lucid dreaming is basically a skill, and it takes determination and persistence to learn and improve it. My first Lucid dream actually happened after I gave up on Lucid dreaming xD BUT it gave me the motivation I needed to keep going, and now I can recall several dreams a night, and Like I mentioned, I had a pretty interesting lucid dream this week. I'm not quite as skilled at it as I'd like to be, But I'm pretty persistent and confident that I'll improve. That's another thing I personally believe helps: Confidence. Just simply BELIEVE. xD

Soulkashi

Postby Soulkashi » 16 Dec 2014 22:25

Wow XD thats very similar to what happened with me last nigbt except i didnt have a lucid haha thats really cool ill keep trying thanks alot!!(:

MercyStrange

Postby MercyStrange » 16 Dec 2014 22:27

No problem. (: If you ever need any advice etc. you can just message me here.(There's a messaging feature). Good luck! :)

Return to “For Beginners”