LD, effort vs. non-effort.

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Jamtse

LD, effort vs. non-effort.

Postby Jamtse » 09 Dec 2014 02:41

I've had lucid dreams sporadically throughout my life. I've always wanted to have more, but whenever I TRY, they don't happen. I decided about a month ago that I would keep trying and do many of the techniques, like the daytime reality checks, and others. The only time in a concentrated time I've had more lucid dreams is during meditation retreat. I'm finding now, however, that meditation makes it harder for me to fall asleep.
Anyone have any good advice for falling asleep when meditation seems to make one sort of hyper aware?

taniaaust1

Re: LD, effort vs. non-effort.

Postby taniaaust1 » 09 Dec 2014 14:40

Some types of meditation produce very much like the altered consciousness needed for lucid dreaming. There can be a very subtle difference from some meditation states to a LD state which may not be noticed except by people experienced in the two states.

In my case if I go into a meditation state as its close but not quite a LD state, I actuallly end up stuck in the meditation state and can have awareness while Im sleeping all night (which is mentally exhausting if this goes on night after night) but not have a LD (instead I became like a watching my thoughts all night.. aware of everything going throu my brain).

Energy raising meditations can boost LD or Astral projection experiences, while awareness meditations can help one be more aware when asleep, so can help a person become aware they are dreaming.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jamtse

Postby Jamtse » 09 Dec 2014 14:49

Yes, you articulated my experience very well.

"Energy raising meditations can boost LD or Astral projection experiences, while awareness meditations can help one be more aware when asleep, so can help a person become aware they are dreaming."

What do you mean, however, by energy raising meditation?

Thanks.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 18 Dec 2014 10:57

Jamtse wrote:Yes, you articulated my experience very well.

"Energy raising meditations can boost LD or Astral projection experiences, while awareness meditations can help one be more aware when asleep, so can help a person become aware they are dreaming."

What do you mean, however, by energy raising meditation?

Thanks.

I got into astral projection years before I got into lucid dreaming (I know some here consider them same thing).

I tried everything to have an OBE, I worked consistantly on all the methods I heard about, studied all the different famous peoples ways (Robert Bruces OBE techniques etc) for about 1-2 years without any success at all thou I spent hours of some of these techniques daily. What finally worked for me and easy too was working on raising energy in chakras, something I just did for 30mins per day. (chakras are energy points in the body).

I found this techique in a book I brought called "Astral Projection" The out of body experience by Denning and Phillips. The book is a step by step program to have an astral projection and it uses energy raising techiques which are done throu imagining different energy points of the body connecting up. One ends up being able to feel energy some etc. (this book is also available to read online somwhere, someone once showed me the link)

This book ended up triggering me into having all kinds of experiences... Can make lucid dreaming easier too as seems to make one more aware when asleep
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Jamtse

Postby Jamtse » 26 Dec 2014 01:37

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”